Twitter: Stephen Jones On Trades

kskboys

Reaction score
Even so..why does that matter? IMO...He prolly was less han honest in that instance and yes,while thats not a good thing,I dont think that should be held against him.I'm sure it doesnt define the man he is now as we speak. Big deal...he messed up,but came out smelling like a rose in the end at OU..played very well. He deserves the benefit of he doubt until he proves otherwise..ie like a pattern of questionable antics OFF THE FIELD.
I have quit a team. One time in my life. And I've been on hundreds of teams in my life.

Point: I am the furthest thing from a quitter, but even I left a team when it was just bad. Maybe TT was just bad for him. I have no idea.

And 19 year old kids lie. It's in their DNA.

I'm not saying what he did was right, not at all. I'm just saying some things happen that aren't handled well by young kids. Doesn't mean he's bad news.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Even if he never starts, dude is cerebral and should make a good backup. Has some stuff to correct, but who doesn't!!!
yup...he really won me over at the Senior Bowl...then I went and watched some games of his...and he is super consistent. Good accurate QB that exudes leadership. I agree.

GORICO

Reaction score
Sorry, we are not that clever to spin to deflect.

Half the time what looks like deflection is actually them struggling to answer the questions relating to running a football team.
mr Alexander--- after considering your statement i stand corrected

kskboys

Reaction score
Sorry, we are not that clever to spin to deflect.

Half the time what looks like deflection is actually them struggling to answer the questions relating to running a football team.
Seriously, we don't deflect. Wish we did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have quit a team. One time in my life. And I've been on hundreds of teams in my life.

Point: I am the furthest thing from a quitter, but even I left a team when it was just bad. Maybe TT was just bad for him. I have no idea.

I'm not saying what he did was right, not at all. I'm just saying some things happen that aren't handled well by young kids. Doesn't mean he's bad news.
^^^^^^^THAT^^^^^ spot on TRUE.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The draft being in Dallas will have ZERO effect on what their drafting turns out to be.They will already get more than the normal talking they get just because the draft is in Dallas. They won't need to make any moves just to spur on discussions about the Cowboys.

I agree. This whole they're going to be wheeling and dealing cause the draft's in Dallas! thing is just fan thinking.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jerry Jones answering a question: Hmmm. Emmm. As I stand here right now. Relatively speaking.

If that counts as deflection, okay then.

Stephen Jones just wanders off from the point, reaffirms using the word "obviously" a lot.

It is a pretty effective display of how to fake it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As an aside, when that 32nd pick is announced in Dallas it'll be one of the toughest moments in sports for me.

"The world champion...."

#@$#

Alexander

Reaction score
I agree. This whole they're going to be wheeling and dealing cause the draft's in Dallas! thing is just fan thinking.

There is a difference between actually wheeling and dealing versus pulling it off though.

We will be very "active". How much of that activity is actually consummated is another story.

But you bet there will be more talk the next day of trades that didn't happen than usual.

They cannot waste this stage.

Alexander

Reaction score
Nice find for the 5th/6th round.
And he will probably get overdrafted in the 2nd or 3rd.

I will never move away from my belief that you should never, ever, underestimate how starved most teams are for a QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score

IN HS..following a gruesome compound fracture at my left elbow that happened the previous season during a game...that FOLLOWING off season I was viewed as a liability "injury prone" ..even though I had rehabbed fully and was getting my strength back..the coaching staff never did treat me as they once did...and so during my junior year,I did something I had never done...walked away from football...QUIT. My spirit broke,thus my heart wasnt in it. The coaches DO MATTER...and to your point,that could be a vibe Mayfield felt at TT ..we dunno..but it might be something like that. I totally get it and wouldnt hold that against the young man. Its just part of life.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a difference between actually wheeling and dealing versus pulling it off though.

We will be very "active". How much of that activity is actually consummated is another story.

But you bet there will be more talk the next day of trades that didn't happen than usual.

They cannot waste this stage.

You don't think they won't get enough attention just having the draft there? I do.

Section446

Reaction score
The draft being in Dallas will have ZERO effect on what their drafting turns out to be.They will already get more than the normal talking they get just because the draft is in Dallas. They won't need to make any moves just to spur on discussions about the Cowboys.
You're delusional if you truly believe that the draft being here won't be on Jerry's mind when making decisions.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You're delusional if you truly believe that the draft being here won't be on Jerry's mind when making decisions.

No it's you is delusional if you think any team at any time take where the draft is being held as any reason at all in helping to decide what they may do during the draft. It is only wannabe GM fans thinking that think this.

Alexander

Reaction score
And Stephen Jones will probably hold him back like he did in the Manziel situation.

That is one place I think they will show some restraint.

Again, they don't have to actually pull off the big splash, but they will certainly whip things up into a frenzy for this draft.

It is the first one being broadcast on network TV (Fox). They are going to want to be very visible, important and above all relevant.