Stephen: Prescott's contract structure will "allow us to do some things"

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I find it interesting people holler about Dak getting overpaid but do not mind overpaying for FA that often never live up to the deal. I recall the fit many threw because Jerry did not go out and pay Earl Thomas top money, looking back it was a great move not signing Earl. I have no issue using the draft to find players whom I want longer term and using draft to fill voids. More times than not these FA moves do not pan out
Some do
Brady did

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man its so funny reading these comments....because last year y'all had no issue with them "bargain bin" shopping lol.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Tell you what a top FA comes out and willing to play for less I will join you on calling for him to be signed
which position are you referring to?
If you are talking about Brady,, well yes you have to be positioned and luckier than a blind squirrel finding a nut in all aspects of this business, but thats the way this game is played and won.
Build a roster properly, and you attract talent and success, Daks contract isnt the first bad contract, there is a stack 4 high just recent.
Pay for average and thats what you get and thats what the FO has made a very good history of.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
which position are you referring to?

Areas that fill a void. I think more times than not high priced FA brought in do not live up to billing. As soon as they are signed people will say it will take him a while to get acclimated and too an extent that is true. Trying to build a team through FA is a very expensive proposition, I would just as soon use my draft to build and use mid level FA to fill holes since we can't fill everything through the draft.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Seems to me for once they seem to be saying they’ll be players in free agency. Said it a few times.

it’s usually we like our guys and we’ll see who’s a bargain etc.

Sydla

Reaction score
Man its so funny reading these comments....because last year y'all had no issue with them "bargain bin" shopping lol.

Actually there were still some criticisms of what they did in FA last year. When you look at last year through the prism of what Dallas usually does in FA, sure, it looked like filet mignon.

But when you got closer you realized, shoot, it still looks like a pile of poop, just not as big and smelly as previous years.

Dallas doesn't do free agency well. That's obvious to anyone except apparently Jerry and Stephen.