Still not excited about Crayton.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deep_Freeze;1681165 said:
"Still not excited" doesn't equal "bad" to most people rational people either. As for poking holes in a theory, you are yet to make any point whatever, so I have yet to see any holes you have poked.

Here's your 'hole' Madden:

Nobody in authority has ever said that Crayton's performance will effect what they do - or do not do - in the 2008 draft. So your point is moot. Your attempt to criticize Crayton is a dysmal failure. The guy had a great game and the offense is rolling.

Deep_Freeze said:
I have said many times I like Crayton, I just think we need to be developing a long term answer at #1 WR.

And nobody has ever said they wouldn't. Why a good thing gets twisted by some people is beyond me.....

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
stasheroo;1681172 said:
Here's your 'hole' Madden:

Nobody in authority has ever said that Crayton's performance will effect what they do - or do not do - in the 2008 draft. So your point is moot. Your attempt to criticize Crayton is a dysmal failure. The guy had a great game and the offense is rolling.

Your equal signs just don't make much sense, my comments were based off of messages on this message board. "Nobody in authority" has said the real issue with Ellis, until today. Doesn't mean we can't talk about issues or they aren't discussing them at this very moment without making its official like they didn't with Ellis.

This is a message board, where we talk about things, just so you know. Saying I would rather have Crayton at the #3 than at #2 isn't a harsh criticizism, its an opinion. If you don't like my opinion, ignore me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deep_Freeze;1681194 said:
Your equal signs just don't make much sense, my comments were based off of messages on this message board. "Nobody in authority" has said the real issue with Ellis, until today. Doesn't mean we can't talk about it or they aren't discussing it at this very moment.

This is a message board, where we talk about things, just so you know. Saying I would rather have Crayton at the #3 than at #2 isn't a harsh criticizism, its an opinion. If you don't like my opinion, ignore me.

Poking holes in lame theories from 'Madden football GM's' is a hobby of mine - sue me.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
stasheroo;1681196 said:
Poking holes in lame theories from 'Madden football GM's' is a hobby of mine - sue me.

You don't know anything about me, so you might not want to assume things about people you don't know.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deep_Freeze;1681206 said:
You don't know anything about me, so you might not want to assume things about people you don't know.

You're right, I don't.

Don't confuse criticism of your 'theory' with a personal attack.

I just take offense to your unfounded criticism of a guy who single-handedly won my favorite team a football game.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;1680351 said:
I know we have a love fest going on right now with this guy, or our young WRs in general, but hear me out.

I don't think we should overestimate the WRs we have right now. Sure, they are adequate with TO and Witten on the field, but they aren't our future #1 WRs. Crayton had a huge game against Lenny Walls (an undrafted FA with 1 interception in his 6 year career) in one on one coverage, while the D was concentrating on TO and Witten. Crayton has done very little up to this point this year, heck Kevin Curtis did better last week with no help, and noone would want him as a #1. I am happy for Crayton, but concerned we are overrating him and underating our need for a #1 WR.

I believe that you can get possession WRs later in the draft (such as Crayton), which is why I always thought Keyshawn going so high was just stupid. But speed is a totally different thing. Speed may bust as we know, but you aren't getting a true speedy deep threat WR (with talent unlike Randal Williams) in the 7th round or as a free agent.

Speed with talent goes high. There is a reason why such guys as Glenn and Galloway went so high, when you have talent AND speed, you will go high. Sure it can still be a bust, such as Lelie, but a deep threat will come at a high price.

I hope Glenn can come back and patch this problem for us, but it is naive to think that our long term WR needs have been met in any way at all with a 7th rounder and 2 undrafted guys. Sure we hit the lottery with an undrafted QB, but that did take a decade to happen plus it is a totally different position. It will take a while to develop this WR, and we need him in here as soon as possible, unless we can get a good one through free agency (the Roy Williams WR dream).

I can deal with having Fergy, Ratliff, and hopefully Tank next year as our NTs. I can deal with having TNew and Henry for a while longer as our CBs cause they are still not real advanced in age. As much as I love McFadden, with the Browns looking ok, it might be out of our range (although if available, take McFadden no questions asked). We do need 2 RBs (as I don't think MBIII can carry a full load long term by himself with his style), we only need a slight upgrade or JJ himself to accomplish this goal.

But Owens and Glenn are MUCH older, and we need a future there as soon as possible, and this starts with a true young talented deep threat that can go along with TO. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of possession WRs that always make Romo have to fit the ball in tight spots. We need someone who can stretch the D long term, a young real playmaker on offense that will also make things easier on TO and Witten, not the other way around.
He's good enough for me he may not have Glenn's speed, but he does know how to get open.

There were two other Hall-of-Fame WRs, most people said the same things about and that was Rice, and Irvin.

While I'm not comparing Crayton, to neither one it is just a thought to consider.

Speed is too overrated at this position it all about running the proper routes to get open to me.

Some people will never be satisfied.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
stasheroo;1681213 said:
You're right, I don't.

Don't confuse criticism of your 'theory' with a personal attack.

I just take offense to your unfounded criticism of a guy who single-handedly won my favorite team a football game.

I am not criticizing him!!!

:bang2:

A talent evaluation isn't emotional to me. IMO, he doesn't have what it takes to be a #1 WR. I want to develop one of those with our #2 spot, and not have a guy there that can hold down the #2 spot but not be our #1 of the future. Now if we can get a true #1 through FA that is already developed, cool, but those are hard to come by without baggage (TO).

That isn't attacking Crayton, that is a talent evaluation for what I think is best for the future of the team. Could have said this last week, noone would have cared, but I say it this week only cause it is just as true to me last week as it is this week.

ringmaster

Reaction score
skinsscalper;1680400 said:
Man, I don't know what it takes for a guy to watch the success we are having and just enjoy it. Whatever that magical elixir may be, you need to take a double dose of it. Kevin Curtis? Are you ****** kidding me? The guy shows up for one gameout of four and you're sitting there saying "well, atleast Kevin Curtis........".

Crayton proved that he can handle the load when teams double up on Owens all game (which the Rams did religiously yesterday). It doesn't matter who was covering Crayton. The kid got the job done! No one ever annointed Crayton as the next Jerry Rice or the next Terry Glenn even. He doesn't need to be!

Speed this, speed that my ***. The kid has had the best hands on the team (regardless of the drop last week) since he suited up for a regular season contest in Dallas. He has shown a knack for finding the soft spot in the defense and making plays. Yet, you can't seem to wait to get rid of the guy. Un-******-real.
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Crayton ONLY produced the second best WR performance in team history. We need Glenn back to fix this, right now!"

:rolleyes:

SS

:star:
Like I said some people will never be satisfied and good points all the way around.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deep_Freeze;1681232 said:
I am not criticizing him!!!

:bang2:

A talent evaluation isn't emotional to me. IMO, he doesn't have what it takes to be a #1 WR. I want to develop one of those with our #2 spot, and not have a guy there that can hold down the #2 spot but not be our #1 of the future. Now if we can get a true #1 through FA that is already developed, cool, but those are hard to come by without baggage (TO).

That isn't attacking Crayton, that is a talent evaluation for what I think is best for the future of the team. Could have said this last week, noone would have cared, but I say it this week only cause it is just as true to me last week as it is this week.

Maybe you should go root for the Lions?

They draft wide receivers all the time and it's worked out great so far!

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
stasheroo;1681255 said:
Maybe you should go root for the Lions?

They draft wide receivers all the time and it's worked out great so far!

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Maybe your doing this on purpose now.

Been a long time since we drafted a WR high, the comparison isn't all that accurate.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deep_Freeze;1681273 said:
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Maybe your doing this on purpose now.

Been a long time since we drafted a WR high, the comparison isn't all that accurate.

Honestly, I agree with part of what you're saying.

I would like to see the team make a significant investment in a future #1 WR.

But I don't see how that relates to Crayton.

He is what he is.

A solid #2 receiver.

But if the team screws up and thinks he a #1 receiver, it's their fault, not his.

He's going out and playing well for the team.

That's all that I can ask for.

I actually like Newy's 'Larry Fitzgerald trade scenario'

I'd give them Dallas' 2008 #1 pick if it meant getting a young, proven star receiver.