Stone Cold Steve Austin

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3977587 said:
Well he's not leaving with the belt as Phoenix said & nobody will pay 40 bucks to buy a PPV in a title match that they know Cena will win going in. There is little surprise as it is...if this isn't storyline related there is no surprise. He can leave..fine. But it makes no sense to try to sell that match as one Punk would win. Just let him leave..that makes sense.

lol.

People will buy it.

They buy them already when it's pretty much obvious 90% of the time when Cena is going to retain. Do you think people didn't buy Capital Punishment even though they knew there was no chance Cena was losing?

They'll buy and they'll buy big to see if Punk will really win and attempt to leave with the belt.

This is also a fantastic way to let Punk go out for while and when he comes back have a ready made angle if you work it right. The thing about him 'leaving' is where I'm not sold totally on yet. I believe his contract is running out and he is liking taking time out of the WWE, and their schedule, much like Chris Jericho does routinely.

He'll probably do some indy stuff for a short bit and be back in WWE by the end of the year, if not sooner, with a new fat contract and a ready made program heading into Royal Rumble.

Pretty standard, if you ask me, for a superstar that the company will no doubt work out a brand new deal with in due time. This is nothing more than a vacation, basically, for Punk.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
And Jericho is coming back when? Doesn't seem to be anytime soon. He just keeps on with all his other interests. I don't know how old he is..40ish I would guess. Maybe he's done.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
How long is he leaving for?

This sounds to me like a short break only to come back as a revitalized contender wanting another shot that he came oh so close to realizing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasGirl50;3977735 said:
And Jericho is coming back when? Doesn't seem to be anytime soon. He just keeps on with all his other interests. I don't know how old he is..40ish I would guess. Maybe he's done.

Hostile;3977742 said:

This sounds to me like a short break only to come back as a revitalized contender wanting another shot that he came oh so close to realizing.
It's a little old, but.........

Chris Jericho Admits He Considers Return to WWE Right Now
Jan 31, 2011

Ever since Chris Jericho walked away from WWE four months ago, people have been wondering when he will be returning to the wrestling company.

Not just wondering either -- besieging him with comments saying that they want him back in the ring sooner rather than later. It's something that fans have been through before with Jericho as he left wrestling in 2005 and took a two-year hiatus before returning to WWE.

He has openly said that he's not sure when or even if he will be back in wrestling. But Jericho also admits that he considers a return right now.

"I consider it always because it's not like it was in 2005 where I was sick of wrestling." Jericho told FanHouse. "Sick of it is maybe a harsh word. Disenchanted, I guess, is a better word. I wasn't disenchanted when I left in September. It was just my contract was up. That was it. And there were other things just waiting to come through. Even if I was coming back, I always would have taken those four months, three months off to do the Fozzy tours. Then other things have kind of popped up to delay my return."

"When the time comes for me to do that, I'll be happy to come back and if I never went back to wrestling, I'm happy with that too."

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/31/chris-jericho-admits-he-considers-return-to-wwe-right-now/

======================================================

Then I found this from just 3 weeks ago........

Jericho: I'm WWE for life
By ROB McNICHOL
Published: 30 May 2011

CHRIS JERICHO insists his heart will always belong to the WWE — despite his involvement with other projects including his band Fozzy and TV show Dancing with the Stars.

Some fans saw him doing the reality show — the US equivalent of Strictly Come Dancing — as a risk, fearing he would show up the wrestling industry.

But Chris says he has received almost unanimous support from his peers, who thanked him for showing a wider audience the positive and fun side of the business.

In an exclusive interview with SunSport, Jericho said: "Why wouldn't the WWE support it?

"Why wouldn't Vince McMahon be 100 per cent behind it? Because every week, twice a week, you have 22 million people hearing the name WWE.

"And you have 22 million people seeing this guy Chris Jericho, and even though I'm not wrestling there right now, I always will be a WWE guy and will be associated with that in one way, shape or form.

"I think it helped their perception because they are trying to get in the mainstream as well.

"And there's nothing more mainstream than Dancing with the Stars. It's the number one show in the country. It raises your recognition factor right off the bat.

"Five million people watch Raw, but 22 million people watch Dancing with the Stars, so there are obviously people who don't have any idea what wrestling is.

"I went a long way to changing the perceptions and changing the stereotypes of what wrestlers do. I kind of feel I was a pioneer.

"I guarantee I won't be the last WWE superstar that does the show. I bet they'll look for other guys to do it over the next little while."

Speaking about the programme, on which he was the fifth elimination, Jericho added: "It was a little bit nerve-wracking because it was something I'd never done before ever.

"Let me do something for first time ever in front of twenty two million people — yeah, that's a good idea, right?

"I thought that I could do it because it's a form of art, like being a musician or being a wrestler.

"There are a lot of similarities between wrestling and dancing. You have to be light on your feet, there's choreography you have to remember, balance, appealing to the live crowd and being a showman.

Read a lot more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3608582/Chris-Jericho-Im-WWE-for-life.html

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3977587 said:
Well he's not leaving with the belt as Phoenix said & nobody will pay 40 bucks to buy a PPV in a title match that they know Cena will win going in. There is little surprise as it is...if this isn't storyline related there is no surprise. He can leave..fine. But it makes no sense to try to sell that match as one Punk would win. Just let him leave..that makes sense.
No it doesn't, as there are millions of 8 year old Cena fans that would cry that evil manipulating CM Punk is trying to kill the DUBBLE DUBBLE E and their hero John Cena must save it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3977742 said:

I'd bet on it being a year+, atleast until WWE reliezes they need him bad, and if that never comes, he could easily sign back with Ring of Honor and be the poster boy as they are now on broadcast networks in 22% of the country starting in September.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Thanks for the Jericho info...he seems to always have alot of stuff going on. I knew he really loved the dancing stuff. Have to hand it to him..he's not afraid to try new things.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3977776 said:
I'd bet on it being a year+, atleast until WWE reliezes they need him bad, and if that never comes, he could easily sign back with Ring of Honor and be the poster boy as they are now on broadcast networks in 22% of the country starting in September.

more on that, people say Sinclair is interested in bringing in 1 or two big names after they see what they have in ROH, what better name than someone still in their prime who started their career in ROH? There is none better. Can totally see MVP & CM Punk being the two "big names" in brought in by Sinclair if ROH pulls decent ratings as both are fantastic in the ring and would provide that big name value.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3977776 said:
I just knew you'd be the only one to chime in.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3977838 said:
I just knew you'd be the only one to chime in.

Well everyone else should be preparing some crow to eat, especially the WWE mark who still believes its a work.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3977860 said:
Well everyone else should be preparing some crow to eat, especially the WWE mark who still believes its a work.
This is exactly why I don't read your wrestling takes except to laugh.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3977867 said:
This is exactly why I don't read your wrestling takes except to laugh.

Makes' sense since i'm the only one that actually watches Ring of Honor you know? I mean I must be that guy who only watches the #1 company. oh wait.. No im not... Then I must be the guy in denial about CM Punk leaving... Oh wait, no im not.

HM...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3977876 said:
I never eat crow...but I do like my KFC!

Wasn't refering to you, you said you wanted to wait and see that's more than fair you weren't one of the ignorant ones saying that he is not leaving and i'm a "little twit".

:lmao2:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3978115 said:
Well I saw on RAW that Shawn was going to be on the show next week from Vegas. Cool...

I heard that also, thank god for it as now the show will be watchable, and when Shawn is on it'll be the best segments of the year by miles.

HBK>All.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3978150 said:
:laugh2: because i've been right?
I have no earthly idea what any of that rant was about and honestly I do not care.

How many ways do I need to say it?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3978153 said:
I have no earthly idea what any of that rant was about and honestly I do not care.

How many ways do I need to say it?

was referring to.
You are nothing but an annoying jerk in wrestling threads. I think you should avoid them like the plague.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hostile;3977900 said:
I have no earthly idea what any of this rant was about and honestly I do not care. You are nothing but an annoying jerk in wrestling threads. I think you should avoid them like the plague.

So old.. yet so bitter.

The kid's got you strung around his finger. You can't help but respond to all his posts, all the while claiming you don't read any of his posts.

:laugh2: