Stone Cold Steve Austin

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3978490 said:
He should be a main eventer.. and hopefully will be if he decides to come back. Don't know why it took this long to get him into the picture though.

Well he is a 3 time world champion.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3978514 said:
What have they been doing with him for the past year or two?

Made him a present-day Jericho. I'm not disagreeing with you, he SHOULD be the focal point of the company, but it's not like he has been used like Zack Ryder is. He's one of the top 4-5 people in the company, and is paid very well.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3978526 said:
Made him a present-day Jericho. I'm not disagreeing with you, he SHOULD be the focal point of the company, but it's not like he has been used like Zack Ryder is. He's one of the top 4-5 people in the company, and is paid very well.

Im not saying he should be "THE" focal point of the company, but he should get a considerable amount of premium tv time most weeks and should always be involved in either a major storyline or contending for the top title.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3978440 said:
I think its funny how alot of people are referring to him as "Mark".. as if we're all old college buddies or something lol.

I loved the original Taker. The purple and black.. the skits he used to do in his first couple years of going mainstream in the WWE. That stuff was epic. Definitely prefer the original Taker bit to the ABA, although i didn't mind that too much.

Yeah the original was awesome.

And I just tend to do that with those guys who I respect and know their real first names.

I've refered to HHH as Jean (I think that's how it's spelled) because I know it but usually I just refer to him as Hunter cause it sounds better.

:)

Yeagermeister;3978454 said:
I actually liked the biker gimmick better. The deadman gimmick just got old after a while plus he was riding some sweet bikes out to the ring.

To each their own. I have no issue with that. The bikes were pretty cool and it wasn't a terrible gimmick, I think my post came off really bad and I worded it terribly. I just never thought of it as being nearly as cool as the Deadman thing.

Hostile;3978471 said:
Pay attention next time. He responded to my post #243. Until then I wasn't commenting with him at all nor do I care to. I don't read his wrestling takes any more. Haven't in quite a while. There's no bitterness, I just don't think he acts like someone who wants to discuss wrestling. He wants to hammer people with his opinions and yell about wrestling forums where fans agree with him. Boring. If he gets your juices flowing then by all means read his posts. Enjoy his little finger.

That's how I am about it and why I eventually blocked him. I got tired of him trying to back up his opinions, and proclaim himself correct all the time and king, cause some people on the wrestling forums he chose to join agree with him.

Like with Cowboys forums there are litterally tons of wrestling forums out there and if people wanted to look around they'd find ones that agree with pretty much any type of opinion. He found a group that agrees with his thoughts and he's went out of his way to proclaim them the voice, and truth, of all wrestling fans and it got very annoying, very old, very quick.

Thus I blocked him and I've enjoyed this thread much more since.

zrinkill;3978480 said:
What are you talking about?

I am enjoying Punk's work ..... he is a pro and very old school in that you never know what is real and what is a work.

The guy is great and will be a main eventer for a long time whether he leaves for a while to recharge or not.

I quite arguing with that kid because he thinks he knows what is going to happen ..... I have always admitted I do not, I just posted what Punk tweeted months ago after the European tour and it drove the child into hysterics.

I hope he stays ...... if he leaves I hope its just a vacation.

I still think he and Austin will be fighting at least by wrestlemania.

Its the Video game come to life

Cena vs Rock
Punk vs Austin

Agreed.

I hope it's nothing more than a few months. I like Punk alot. Great entertainer.

RoyTheHammer;3978490 said:
He should be a main eventer.. and hopefully will be if he decides to come back. Don't know why it took this long to get him into the picture though.

Yeah agreed.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3978551 said:
Im not saying he should be "THE" focal point of the company, but he should get a considerable amount of premium tv time most weeks and should always be involved in either a major storyline or contending for the top title.

ah then I misinterpretted you, but I do believe he should be the focal point. Edge should've been, he had it all. Difference is Punk doesn't have the super-good looks that they look for in the top 2-3 guys. I mean you won't see teenage girls going "OMG CM PUNK <3<3<3", but he is good enough to overcome that. Problem is they had the sXe Society, that was fine, failed since it didn't establish anyone else, but was a fun storyline on Smackdown, and then they come back and give him the "new nexus", enough is enough with him being some sort of "messiah", put him on Smackdown and have him be the top dog on the show, and move Orton back to RAW as the top heel in the company. Everyone wins, no one complains since Orton is a better heel, Punk would get to be the top fish in the pond on SD as either a heel or a babyface, RAW gets the top 2 stars in the company etc; etc;, it just makes too much sense to me tbh.

Punk to SD, Orton to RAW and should be no problem's from anyone, and no problems from the fans either.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3977880 said:
Wasn't refering to you, you said you wanted to wait and see that's more than fair you weren't one of the ignorant ones saying that he is not leaving and i'm a "little twit".

OK, that's not fair, not at all... you are not a little twit...

As twits go, you're pretty big... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3978152 said:
I heard that also, thank god for it as now the show will be watchable, and when Shawn is on it'll be the best segments of the year by miles.

HBK>All.

Maybe that used to be the case, but the last year or two he was still in WWE, it seemed that his role was to play the fool with Triple H... watching him jog around Helmsley was just sad...

silverbear

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3978268 said:
That's your opinion but Taker really just bores me when its not around Wrestlemania time, he has done the same gimmick for what 18/21 years in the business?

And here I thought you knew what you were talking about when it came to wrestling... I guess not, after reading this...

When Undertaker first came to the public's attention, he was playing the "dead man" persona that he's once again employing... but for a long time there, he changed his act radically, playing the biker persona "The American ******"...

So no, he has not done the "same gimmick" for 20 years now...

silverbear

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3978317 said:
Alot of people have broken character praising Undertaker, and it'll be a very sad day when he leaves WWE. For years he was my 2nd favorite wrestler, up until the point I found TNA and AJ Styles instantly became that,

Which is why I can't take your wrestling opinions seriously-- AJ Styles is quite mediocre in the ring, and utterly lacking in charisma outside of it... watching him try to pass himself off as the next Ric Flair was beyond pathetic...

What's funniest about your wrestling posts is that you seem to think that what you want to see is what the wrestling public wants to see... I find that freakin' hilarious, and I'm pretty sure that you'd make the lousiest booker ever...

silverbear

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3978430 said:
Agreed.

Any long time Taker fans, from the day he debuted to now, would never choose that stupid biker gimmick over the Deadman.

Oh, I couldn't disagree more, I absolutely loved the "biker gimmick"... it was in that character that he uttered the single best line I've ever heard from a wrestler; Kurt Angle was in the ring, he was up near the stage entrance, and he advised Angle that he was gonna "come down there and kick your teeth so far down your throat you'll be able to chew your own *** out for pissin' me off"...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
silverbear;3978581 said:
And here I thought you knew what you were talking about when it came to wrestling... I guess not, after reading this...

When Undertaker first came to the public's attention, he was playing the "dead man" persona that he's once again employing... but for a long time there, he changed his act radically, playing the biker persona "The American ******"...

So no, he has not done the "same gimmick" for 20 years now...

I said 18 out of 21 years. I also said I liked the American ****** gimmick more than the deadman gimmick.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
silverbear;3978584 said:
Which is why I can't take your wrestling opinions seriously-- AJ Styles is quite mediocre in the ring, and utterly lacking in charisma outside of it... watching him try to pass himself off as the next Ric Flair was beyond pathetic...

What's funniest about your wrestling posts is that you seem to think that what you want to see is what the wrestling public wants to see... I find that freakin' hilarious, and I'm pretty sure that you'd make the lousiest booker ever...

I'm pretty sure your wrong, since you juts downplayed AJ Styles. If you somehow find him boring, I just don't know what to say that's like saying HBK-Jericho WM 19 was boring, it makes no sense.

Theres a very good reason this was published, and it's because its 100% accurate.

Oct2010web.jpg

if you don't agree, thats fine and dandy, don't call me out on it when he was ranked by the biggest pro-wrestling magazine as #1 in the world, i'm far from the only one with that opinion, infact it's probably the majority opinion with the retirement of Edge & HBK... Also, AJ Styles is helping book the upcoming X-Division PPV with TNA next month.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
That was a classic line by Taker & interestingly enough in one of the first matches he had with Kurt he knocked out some of Kurt's front teeth. Accidently of course. I've heard him say that to him Kurt was an all time great. He loved wrestling against him...the good old days.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
silverbear;3978588 said:
Oh, I couldn't disagree more, I absolutely loved the "biker gimmick"... it was in that character that he uttered the single best line I've ever heard from a wrestler; Kurt Angle was in the ring, he was up near the stage entrance, and he advised Angle that he was gonna "come down there and kick your teeth so far down your throat you'll be able to chew your own *** out for pissin' me off"...

That line was pretty dang awesome. I do remember that and laughing really hard at the time cause it was so great.

DallasGirl50;3978608 said:
That was a classic line by Taker & interestingly enough in one of the first matches he had with Kurt he knocked out some of Kurt's front teeth. Accidently of course. I've heard him say that to him Kurt was an all time great. He loved wrestling against him...the good old days.

I'm not surprised. Angle is one of the all time greats. It's a shame that he's had such an addiction to pain killers during his career but I suppose when you put your body through what he does there is a lot of wear and tear and thats the only way some people can deal with it.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3978627 said:
That line was pretty dang awesome. I do remember that and laughing really hard at the time cause it was so great.

I'm not surprised. Angle is one of the all time greats. It's a shame that he's had such an addiction to pain killers during his career but I suppose when you put your body through what he does there is a lot of wear and tear and thats the only way some people can deal with it.

yea Kurt has his demons...I never read his book. Maybe he goes into detail there. I think he's just a flat out great athlete. I think he & Mark had a great feud. I have always liked Angle..heel or face..he's great.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I just got done watching the top 50 wrestlers of all time program.. and i gotta say im mildly outraged by some of the decisions there. The only one i would move out of the top 5 (and some of you are going to hate me) would be Shawn Michaels. I'd put Triple H at the top. I think 12 for him was a slap in the face. Guy was simply epic. Everytime his music hit, whether it be the old "My Time" theme with DX, or "The Game".. i was friggin pumped up and bouncing off the walls. Same with Austin.

I think Kurt Angle should be way higher than he was listed as well. Jeff Hardy the same, just for the crazy things that guy has done, all in the name of entertainment. I'd put Angle, Hardy, Flair, and Macho all in the top 10. I'd definitely move Hogan down, and put Hall and Nash in the top 30 somewhere, and X Pac in the 49-50 range. Ha. Wish you were allowed to include factions on the list.

Phoenix

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3978753 said:
I just got done watching the top 50 wrestlers of all time program..

Where was that program? First I've heard of it.

Phoenix

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3978843 said:
Its a WWE produced DVD i believe.. saw it on Netflix.

Oh, okay, thanks. I have Netflix...will have to check it out!