Stone Cold Steve Austin

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3978263 said:
It will be good to see Shawn but I would rather see Taker any day of the week.

That's your opinion but Taker really just bores me when its not around Wrestlemania time, he has done the same gimmick for what 18/21 years in the business?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3978268 said:
That's your opinion but Taker really just bores me when its not around Wrestlemania time, he has done the same gimmick for what 18/21 years in the business?

I don't think the problem with Taker is how long he's done the gimmick, because its worked for him for so long. Its a great gimmick. I think its just how old he is now, and how immobile he's gotten, that his matches just arn't that fun to watch anymore other than once or twice a year when he leaves it all out there. If he wrestled more than that he'd have to cut back to conserve his body and his matches would just be dull and bland.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3978263 said:
It will be good to see Shawn but I would rather see Taker any day of the week.

RoyTheHammer;3978270 said:
I don't think the problem with Taker is how long he's done the gimmick, because its worked for him for so long. Its a great gimmick. I think its just how old he is now, and how immobile he's gotten, that his matches just arn't that fun to watch anymore other than once or twice a year when he leaves it all out there. If he wrestled more than that he'd have to cut back to conserve his body and his matches would just be dull and bland.

That's true, the last 3 years at WM he has put on classics. Those 2 matches with Michael's will go down in history, and the one with HHH this year was good too. Had a great story in the match, HHH is the best at that.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3978268 said:

Yes he's done the Taker gimmick for years...very successfully...and earned the respect of everyone in the business. I guess you missed HHH breaking character to talk about what Mark has meant to the business. Lord take a Valium or something. You have a sassy answer to everything. And then you wonder why nobody wants to post on here to you..

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3978284 said:
Yes he's done the Taker gimmick for years...very successfully...and earned the respect of everyone in the business. I guess you missed HHH breaking character to talk about what Mark has meant to the business. Lord take a Valium or something. You have a sassy answer to everything. And then you wonder why nobody wants to post on here to you..

I didn't even know what valium was, and I was not trying to be sassy, I was just saying thats your opinion and added that the gimmick is getting stale, very successfully? no doubt he's one of the top 5-7 wrestlers of all time when you add every factor including longevity, company loyality, money drawn etc;.

Alot of people have broken character praising Undertaker, and it'll be a very sad day when he leaves WWE. For years he was my 2nd favorite wrestler, up until the point I found TNA and AJ Styles instantly became that, so you can't say I dislike Taker at all, but recently it has been the same thing for a few years, big match, gone for months, same return, feud with another legend type performer be it Kane, HHH etc;, when was the last time he feuded with someone "fresh", Khali? that doesn't really count as Khali sucked, and even in that case that was like 2007. The Nexus-Undertaker angle last year really was one shot as the feud was Kane-Taker not Nexus-Taker.

On the other hand, Shawn Michael's, like wine, keeps getting better with time. I mean at 44 he had a 5star match, at 43 a 5 star match. He is better than he was 15-20 years ago, which is absolutely amazing, that is why a night with Michael's, IMO, is more exciting than a night of 1 segment and silence with Undertaker, he's all abut the aura, I really wish he would go back to the "American Bad-***" gimmick, but that won't happen. I liked that gimmick so much more.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
You seriously don't know what Valium is...that's hard to swallow. Pardon the pun. I don't know a single hardcore Taker fan that prefers him as anything but the Taker gimmick & he knows that.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3978360 said:
You seriously don't know what Valium is...that's hard to swallow. Pardon the pun. I don't know a single hardcore Taker fan that prefers him as anything but the Taker gimmick & he knows that.

He's 16.. i hope he doesn't know what Valium is.

To fill him in though.. its medicine that some of the older folks need to calm themselves down when they get all upset about little things that shouldn't matter so much.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3978373 said:
He's 16.. i hope he doesn't know what Valium is.

To fill him in though.. its medicine that some of the older folks need to calm themselves down when they get all upset about little things that shouldn't matter so much.

17, and I googled it and sounds like an older version of Xanax/Ativan to me but I have no clue lol.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Well I was around 10ish when he was doing the American ****** gimmick so it appealed too me massively, it was simply amazing. I probably remember it more fondly then it was.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CMPunk
Hell of a next three days. I love it when a plan comes together.

:laugh2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CM Punk's Twitter message Monday concerning his pending departure from WWE was copied verbatim from a post he made in June 2005 on his LiveJournal account regarding what was to have been his final match for Ring of Honor.

Days before ROH's Death before Dishonor III event, Punk wrote: "I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I honestly knew i'd be history by June. Come say goodbye on Saturday, I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX"

Punk defeated Austin Aries to win the ROH World Championship and remained with the organization for an additional two months.

Fast forward to Monday, Punk wrote on Twitter regarding his pending departure from WWE: "I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX"

:laugh2: CM Punk is old school in how he works his fans ...... Paul Bearer would be proud.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Still not sure why it matters so much to some of you if Punk will or will not leave the company.

Even sillier are those pretending they know either way, what he will do. Truth of the matter is, we can all make predictions, but other than Punk himself, no one really knows what he will decide to do. I doubt he's made a decision himself one way or the other yet.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Agreed.

Any long time Taker fans, from the day he debuted to now, would never choose that stupid biker gimmick over the Deadman.

The Deadman is far superior and thus why it's one of those very few gimmicks that can go on for decades and still sell.

Mark is a special guy in the wrestling business. Humble, respectful, respected, works his butt off, no whining and complaining.

While HBK is my all time favorite, and I think he's the best performer ever (overall), Mark is the guy I respect the most in wrestling. It's really not even close in that reguard.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3978430 said:
Agreed.

Any long time Taker fans, from the day he debuted to now, would never choose that stupid biker gimmick over the Deadman.

The Deadman is far superior and thus why it's one of those very few gimmicks that can go on for decades and still sell.

Mark is a special guy in the wrestling business. Humble, respectful, respected, works his butt off, no whining and complaining.

While HBK is my all time favorite, and I think he's the best performer ever (overall), Mark is the guy I respect the most in wrestling. It's really not even close in that reguard.

I think its funny how alot of people are referring to him as "Mark".. as if we're all old college buddies or something lol.

I loved the original Taker. The purple and black.. the skits he used to do in his first couple years of going mainstream in the WWE. That stuff was epic. Definitely prefer the original Taker bit to the ABA, although i didn't mind that too much.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Agreed.

I actually liked the biker gimmick better. The deadman gimmick just got old after a while plus he was riding some sweet bikes out to the ring.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Agreed.

I think the genius of the whole Taker character is that it's the perfect mesh of wrestler & real person...for instance Austin has a "Hollywood Blonde"...yes he can pull that off but Stone Cold is where he really shined because he IS Stone Cold. Matt Hardy said Taker rarely talks backstage but they all listen when he does....I have alot of friends that like Shawn..even from the days when he was an arse. The last few years he wrestled he was very nice & fun to talk to. A completely different guy. He's always been fun to watch in ring.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3978199 said:
So old.. yet so bitter.

The kid's got you strung around his finger. You can't help but respond to all his posts, all the while claiming you don't read any of his posts.

:laugh2:
Pay attention next time. He responded to my post #243. Until then I wasn't commenting with him at all nor do I care to. I don't read his wrestling takes any more. Haven't in quite a while. There's no bitterness, I just don't think he acts like someone who wants to discuss wrestling. He wants to hammer people with his opinions and yell about wrestling forums where fans agree with him. Boring. If he gets your juices flowing then by all means read his posts. Enjoy his little finger.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RoyTheHammer;3978426 said:
Still not sure why it matters so much to some of you if Punk will or will not leave the company.

Even sillier are those pretending they know either way, what he will do. Truth of the matter is, we can all make predictions, but other than Punk himself, no one really knows what he will decide to do. I doubt he's made a decision himself one way or the other yet.

What are you talking about?

I am enjoying Punk's work ..... he is a pro and very old school in that you never know what is real and what is a work.

The guy is great and will be a main eventer for a long time whether he leaves for a while to recharge or not.

I quite arguing with that kid because he thinks he knows what is going to happen ..... I have always admitted I do not, I just posted what Punk tweeted months ago after the European tour and it drove the child into hysterics.

I hope he stays ...... if he leaves I hope its just a vacation.

I still think he and Austin will be fighting at least by wrestlemania.

Its the Video game come to life

Cena vs Rock
Punk vs Austin

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3978480 said:
What are you talking about?

I am enjoying Punk's work ..... he is a pro and very old school in that you never know what is real and what is a work.

The guy is great and will be a main eventer for a long time whether he leaves for a while to recharge or not.

I quite arguing with that kid because he thinks he knows what is going to happen ..... I have always admitted I do not, I just posted what Punk tweeted months ago after the European tour and it drove the child into hysterics.

I hope he stays ...... if he leaves I hope its just a vacation.

I still think he and Austin will be fighting at least by wrestlemania.

Its the Video game come to life

Cena vs Rock
Punk vs Austin

He should be a main eventer.. and hopefully will be if he decides to come back. Don't know why it took this long to get him into the picture though.