Stop the crying!

CoachD

Reaction score
I counted one thread topic on the front page that was positive. We had a close loss to a good team, the world isn’t over. All of these threads about the division being lost, the team sucks, etc are such an over reaction and it’s depressing. We have a few lay ups left (Washington, Bears, Detroit, even the Rams suck now) but we lose a couple close hard fought games and everyone throws a temper tantrum.

This is football, we’ll win some and lose some. Luckily our division sucks and we’re never out of it. The coaches some of you blow all lost games this weekend and actually haven’t looked too great this year.

Saints lost to a one win team, Rams are looking bad, Andy Reid and the Chiefs have predictably choked once again, the Colts lost to Miami...the season is far from over but glancing at these threads you would think we just lost the division and a wild card spot.

So what? We lost to a good team and several plays could have changed the outcome. Stop the whining, there’s still plenty of time left. I just hope the players aren’t as mentally weak as some of you because if thats the case then yeah, we should hang it up.

Ok great so when the Cowboys get into the playoffs it's one and done because the Cowboys can't beat anyone with a winning record that's basically what your post says!

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
No need to cry..... we're simply not a very good football team due to being consistently undisciplined, and unprepared to play which should not be a surprise as we've watched this same show for years.

Jerry again defended the team and coaching just minutes after another loss and until that changes nothing changes.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I counted one thread topic on the front page that was positive. We had a close loss to a good team, the world isn’t over. All of these threads about the division being lost, the team sucks, etc are such an over reaction and it’s depressing. We have a few lay ups left (Washington, Bears, Detroit, even the Rams suck now) but we lose a couple close hard fought games and everyone throws a temper tantrum.

This is football, we’ll win some and lose some. Luckily our division sucks and we’re never out of it. The coaches some of you blow all lost games this weekend and actually haven’t looked too great this year.

Saints lost to a one win team, Rams are looking bad, Andy Reid and the Chiefs have predictably choked once again, the Colts lost to Miami...the season is far from over but glancing at these threads you would think we just lost the division and a wild card spot.

So what? We lost to a good team and several plays could have changed the outcome. Stop the whining, there’s still plenty of time left. I just hope the players aren’t as mentally weak as some of you because if thats the case then yeah, we should hang it up.

Understand the view, you're right the season is far from over but every game the Cowboys have played against a playoff caliber team they came up short this season. Good to see them be competitive, but unless they can start winning these games it will be an early playoff exit.

Need to make some changes fast because they will likely need to go 5-2 or 6-1 down the stretch to even make the playoffs. Tall order so I can understand why even optimists have turned a bit negative.

cowboybish

Reaction score

You don't get it! This was our game to win and the play calling at the end was stupid. Garrett got cute and started thinking about the clock and we took our foot off the gas instead of scoring.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Something is definitely rotten in Denmark. How in the world is one of the forums most negative posters, trying to be the voice of reason?

How frustration can be misconstrued, is beyond me. Although other teams lessened the blow, the stage was set for Dallas to make a statement, and they crashed and burned.

GenoT

Reaction score

Jerry just called...he seemed a little drunk. Something about you bringing your knee-pads the next time you visit the Star...?

aria

Reaction score
You sound like a parent cheering their kids participation ribbon.
Or I sound like someone who actually played sports and doesn’t quit after a few losses. You guys are pathetic, I hope the players don’t have the same mentality you do.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Sure. I mean, I guess what really matters is that the team competed and we had fun watching it.

The real treasure was friendship the entire time.

aria

Reaction score
You're throwing a temper tantrum because the board isn't rainbows and sunshine after another close loss caused by inept coaching.

You're the one who needs to grow up here.
I never said it had to be rainbows and sunshine, how about positivity and reality. Based on the threads, you would think we just lost the final game of the season and it was a playoff game. It’s the same type of delusional people that start threads and posts stats about how great we are after beating the the Giants.

aria

Reaction score
So you’re saying close losses are part of the process? And so are close losses to the hapless Jets? And two playoff wins in 10 years is too? Oh ok I’m fine then. Let’s just continue with the process and maybe we’ll have that third playoff win in the next 10 years.
Not what I’m saying at all. For now, we’re stuck with what we have and the getting to the playoffs is far from over. Seeing all these “the season is over” type threads is sickening. What’s funny is how many of you flip week to week, it’s almost as if some of you thought we should have gone undefeated and anything less is pure disaster.

kramskoi

Reaction score

You just don't get it do you? Garret ain't taking this team anywhere. The Four Horseman Of The Apocalypse are as follows:

1. Bad coaching/ownership...seems set and immutable...barring a fan revolt of epic proportions.
2. An overrated defense that hasn't YET reached elite status during Marinelli's entire tenure in Dallas. With all the money in the offense...how much better can this unit be with the current coaching kept in place?
3. A quarterback that needs a terrific amount of talent around him...talent that is likely to slowly be degraded once his desired remunerations are secured...to say nothing of the defense.
4. A deluded fan base in perpetual denial and one that continues to tolerate the Jeckyll and Hyde act that the Cowboys continue to be under Garrett.

There are some on this board that remember what a championship team looks like...and the one in Dallas at present doesn't qualify...not even close. They are paper champions who need a boot up their ***...somebody with a hammer. Garrett ain't that guy. His situational awareness during games hasn't changed much from his earlier years.

Five people need to be gone from this situation: Garrett, Moore, Marinelli, Richard and the defensive line coach...for starters. The sooner that sh## happens the better off this team will be...otherwise it's going to be more of the same...more goop sandwiches served up by Chef Jones with naive fans continuing to swallow it up and beg for more.

Jimmy Johnson has a saying..."you get the level of performance you tolerate." Fans nationwide need to GET this.

Last edited:

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Not what I’m saying at all. For now, we’re stuck with what we have and the getting to the playoffs is far from over. Seeing all these “the season is over” type threads is sickening. What’s funny is how many of you flip week to week, it’s almost as if some of you thought we should have gone undefeated and anything less is pure disaster.

I don’t think anyone thinks we should go undefeated. I do think we should be 8-1 right now though. And honestly does it even matter if we make the playoffs? We know our coaches aren’t capable of winning consecutive big games so our stay would be short and it would only give Jerry another reason to keep the clown around. Best to tank this year and purge the staff and then after they’re gone give the offices a good enema to get all the stank out.

aria

Reaction score
Do you work for the Jones family?
Before you can win you have to learn not to lose.
FG attempt on 57 yards in first drive who does that? I knew the Vikings would get that touchdown.
Why keep running this stupid read option handoff? Elliott has no momentum running to the line. Our run scheme has become totally ineffective. Get Dak under center and then handoff, pitch, run a stretch play and watch Elliott go.
The 4th and goal run by the Vikings I saw that play coming from Maryland. Defense should have adjusted and stiffed that play. We needed one additional defender to get that defended.
The last drive was a debacle. Garrett is so scared to make a mistake. He was worried the Vikings would be able to score.
Who runs a play before the two minute warning? That made zero sense. Lucky it got completed.
The Vikings really had one way to beat us all game. Run the ball, screen on play action. They were really not capable of straight back passing downfield. A good coach would have stomped this out in the second half.
I’m not arguing with what you’re saying, you have valid points but you are cherry picking. Every coach, good and bad, makes questionable calls that if they work out they are geniuses and if they don’t they are chastised. Garrett didn’t lose this game, some people have a much higher opinion of the quality of players we have then what’s reality. Too many people here live in a Cowboys bubble, it’s almost as if they don’t watch any other football than the Cowboys.

aria

Reaction score
You are comparing can’t win divisional round Jason to Super Bowl coaches?
I don’t care if a coach won a Super Bowl, that doesn’t make them great. Sometimes coaches catch lightning in a bottle. So if Garrett won a Super Bowl this year would you be happy to extend him for another 10 years and defend him as a coach because he won one Super Bowl?