Stop the crying!

dckid

Reaction score
I do get it and I understand what you’re saying but coaching hasn’t lost our games this season. Coaching didn’t lose against New Orleans and coaching didn’t lose last night. There’s so many plays that can be questioned but if the players actually executed than those plays wouldn’t even be a thought. For example, last week we hit a 55+ FG against the Giants IIRC. No one said a word, it was all praises. This week he misses it and it’s apparently a game deciding decision :rolleyes:
Seriously I wish I could have a phone conversation with you. Garrett needs to understand situational football. This isnt rocket science. Kicking a 57 yard FG on your first drive is stupid. Does he not trust the offense at all? Mid 50 yard FG attempts are not worth the risk. Was he expecting a defensive 10-9 game? Field position in this game was more important. Literally we win the game if we pin them deep in their own terroitory.
This defense is only effective if they play less than 30 minutes. Get first downs wind the clock and for gods sake don’t fall behind 14-0.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
So other than Bill Bellicheat, what coach is capable of winning multiple big games? Maybe Pete, the same guy that didn’t hand the ball to Marshawn in the Super Bowl with one yard to go for a TD which resulted in a INT instead? Who exactly are these coaches that consistently deliver in the playoffs? Payton maybe? He has one Super Bowl and has had much more talent to work with over the years than Garrett.

Who are these mythical coaches that constantly win playoff games. Please, please, please bring up Andy Reid, I dare you.

Two playoff wins in 10 years and you’re defending g the clown? Come on man! Lol! Every year a coach gets multiple playoff wins to advance to the SB. And when was the last time the Cowboys won a big game we weren’t supposed to win? At home nonetheless. Garrett sucks and should have been fired years ago but go ahead and make excuses.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I counted one thread topic on the front page that was positive. We had a close loss to a good team, the world isn’t over. All of these threads about the division being lost, the team sucks, etc are such an over reaction and it’s depressing. We have a few lay ups left (Washington, Bears, Detroit, even the Rams suck now) but we lose a couple close hard fought games and everyone throws a temper tantrum.

This is football, we’ll win some and lose some. Luckily our division sucks and we’re never out of it. The coaches some of you blow all lost games this weekend and actually haven’t looked too great this year.

Saints lost to a one win team, Rams are looking bad, Andy Reid and the Chiefs have predictably choked once again, the Colts lost to Miami...the season is far from over but glancing at these threads you would think we just lost the division and a wild card spot.

So what? We lost to a good team and several plays could have changed the outcome. Stop the whining, there’s still plenty of time left. I just hope the players aren’t as mentally weak as some of you because if thats the case then yeah, we should hang it up.

News flash

COWBOYS SUCK

This team isn’t beating anyone. Another wasted year with a good roster . Horrific coaching . That’s not crying that’s reality.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or I sound like someone who actually played sports and doesn’t quit after a few losses. You guys are pathetic, I hope the players don’t have the same mentality you do.

They don't have my mentality. Nobody is learning from mistakes or being held accountable for bad play. Thats not the reality in my life. If you are fine with mediocrity and want to remain silent on the teams problems, go do something else. This is a chat board.

aria

Reaction score
Seriously I wish I could have a phone conversation with you. Garrett needs to understand situational football. This isnt rocket science. Kicking a 57 yard FG on your first drive is stupid. Does he not trust the offense at all? Mid 50 yard FG attempts are not worth the risk. Was he expecting a defensive 10-9 game? Field position in this game was more important. Literally we win the game if we pin them deep in their own terroitory.
This defense is only effective if they play less than 30 minutes. Get first downs wind the clock and for gods sake don’t fall behind 14-0.
We can make that happen but it won’t change a thing. If Maher would have made that, and there really wasn’t enough of a justifiable reason to think he wouldn’t, then JG would have been praised. There’s no way to tell whether we would have won or lost that game based on that one decision. You can question every decision Garrett made and play the “what if” game. They had plenty of other opportunities to win and the players dropped the ball. I’m not saying Garrett’s time shouldn’t be over here but blaming some of these losses and decisions on him is ridiculous but makes an easy scape goat.

dckid

Reaction score
We can make that happen but it won’t change a thing. If Maher would have made that, and there really wasn’t enough of a justifiable reason to think he wouldn’t, then JG would have been praised. There’s no way to tell whether we would have won or lost that game based on that one decision. You can question every decision Garrett made and play the “what if” game. They had plenty of other opportunities to win and the players dropped the ball. I’m not saying Garrett’s time shouldn’t be over here but blaming some of these losses and decisions on him is ridiculous but makes an easy scape goat.
Sorry disagree I n the FG attempt make or miss. Why attempt such a long FG so early we just fundamentally disagree. I’m sorry.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I'm sorry but the talent on this team is to the point where it is dam impressive. Dallas has now lost 3 games purely due to coaching. That's an unforced error that's the result of Jerry's need for a yes man. The people complaining about that are justified. The coaching staff has turned an 8-1 contender into a 5-4 team that may miss the playoffs. If that doesn't boil your blood as a fan, I question your fandom.

jgboys1

Reaction score
News flash

COWBOYS SUCK

This team isn’t beating anyone. Another wasted year with a good roster . Horrific coaching . That’s not crying that’s reality.
You can add the GM/ Owner to that list. he’s the reason we have been just about a 500 team for over past 25 years.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I try to keep things real. I get criticized for being “ho hum” after beating some of the worst teams in the league when everyone else is on cloud 9 and talking about great we are and I get criticized for staying positive after barely losing to good teams where one or two plays could have changed the game.

Can’t win here, I guess I need to be unrealistic and over exaggerate every win and loss to fit in with the rest of the drama queens.

Exactly. Losing at home to Minnesota sucks. Another slow start. It sucks.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I'm concerned about the upcoming 3 games in 19 days. This team can't even get out if its own way when they have a normal week. Yikes.

aria

Reaction score
Sorry disagree I n the FG attempt make or miss. Why attempt such a long FG so early we just fundamentally disagree. I’m sorry.
No need to be sorry man, just a cordial disagreement. We can sit here and nit pick play after play but never agree. There’s been several play calls in the past that I hated but they worked out and vice versa, it goes both ways. No coach calls perfect games, if that FG was made than it would have been considered a great, gutsy call but it didn’t work out this time.

aria

Reaction score
Exactly. Losing at home to Minnesota sucks. Another slow start. It sucks.
No doubt about that. I’m disappointed but not disgusted. It was a close game and I don’t think there’s any reason to firmly believe we would lose to them again if we played them next week. I’m not happy, like some people think, but it was a good close game...all good teams have these.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah come on guys! 8-8 aint so bad and neither is this chick!
th

Oh wait try these
th

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I counted one thread topic on the front page that was positive. We had a close loss to a good team, the world isn’t over. All of these threads about the division being lost, the team sucks, etc are such an over reaction and it’s depressing. We have a few lay ups left (Washington, Bears, Detroit, even the Rams suck now) but we lose a couple close hard fought games and everyone throws a temper tantrum.

This is football, we’ll win some and lose some. Luckily our division sucks and we’re never out of it. The coaches some of you blow all lost games this weekend and actually haven’t looked too great this year.

Saints lost to a one win team, Rams are looking bad, Andy Reid and the Chiefs have predictably choked once again, the Colts lost to Miami...the season is far from over but glancing at these threads you would think we just lost the division and a wild card spot.

So what? We lost to a good team and several plays could have changed the outcome. Stop the whining, there’s still plenty of time left. I just hope the players aren’t as mentally weak as some of you because if thats the case then yeah, we should hang it up.

Saints won a Super Bowl. Rams won a Super Bowl. What the truck has Garrett won? No cryin here! Just the facts! If the facts can't get in the way? Why are we even here?

Beaker42

Reaction score

Our coaching keeps us from weighing. The whining is perfectly acceptable.