Sunday Wildcard Playoff Games

robjay04

Reaction score
The Vikings were ranked 31st in passing in 2012 having a worse QB situation than the Cowboys but that didn't stop Adrian Peterson from gaining almost 2100 yards. He was terrific in short yardage carrying the Vikings to the playoffs that season. With the OL the Cowboys have that featured 3 pro bowlers this season there's no excuse for being the worst team in the league on 3rd and one. That has nothing to do with your passing game because teams run the ball on 3rd and one.

Adrian Peterson is one of the best backs in NFL history.

Another weak comparison.

Christine Michael also missed some short yardage opportunities here. Hmmm...

slick325

Reaction score
Dallas fans know from this season that only kicking FG's get you beat.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You really are a small picture guy. The big picture is that Holmes is a poorer version of Terrance Williams. They do well as the 3rd or 4th receiving option, which usually results in a high TD to reception ratio. Very similar to Alvin Harper. Make them the 1st or 2nd option and their effectiveness and efficiency go way down. And Williams is much better at it than Holmes. It just sounds good to throw out that Holmes had more TDs than Dez this year. It tells none of the story, but it has much more pizzazz.

I'm bringing up Holmes to point out how some teams are able to get something out of average players. We cut Amendola who's played well for NE. Marty B never got much of an opportunity in Dallas but became a very productive receiver for Chicago. We ended up wasting another #2 on Escobar who's been the most unproductive of the 3 TE's we took in the second round.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Another weak comparison.

Good points. Christine Michael also has never scored a TD in the NFL.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I've realized that we have very few players should would start on these Ds.

I am rooting for Minny but the greasy Hawks did their greasy things

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm bringing up Holmes to point out how some teams are able to get something out of average players. We cut Amendola who's played well for NE. Marty B never got much of an opportunity in Dallas but became a very productive receiver for Chicago. We ended up wasting another #2 on Escobar who's been the most unproductive of the 3 TE's we took in the second round.

New England is not paying Amendola a salary for an average player. He also has not played well for NE. He has been a disappointment for them. Escobar has done more than Fasano.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
You're right guys, Sendejo would've fit in perfectly here. Can't believe they cut that guy

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Off topic but am I the only one who noticed hills knee was down before the fumble last night. It was down man

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Another weak comparison.

Any back should be able to pick up a yard behind an OL that has 3 pro bowlers this season but none of the backs we used were effective. It was McFadden's ineffectiveness in short yardage that prompted the trade for CMike.

Proximo

Reaction score
I don't have to reach to bash the FO going 4-12 does the work for me.

Then why do it (reach)?

Bringing up Andre Holmes, of all people, is super weak, and adds no value to any discussion.

Find a better example to prove your point next time.

Reaction score
Any back should be able to pick up a yard behind an OL that has 3 pro bowlers this season but none of the backs we used were effective. It was McFadden's ineffectiveness in short yardage that prompted the trade for CMike.

Actually, what prompted the trade was Dunbar going out and Randle being a supreme knucklehead.