Sunday Wildcard Playoff Games

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dwayne Harris? Yeah he was a good returner, average last season for us.

Newman? Newman spent most of his career with us. His confidence was shot and he was a cap casualty.

Jones? He's a punk, nobody ever questioned his talent but we had enough punks on the team at that time.

Christine Michael is just not that good. He knew the offense on a hot team and had a good game against the Browns and the Cardinals backup. He is not a better fit or a better running back than a guy who is top 5 in the NFL this season. Silly to think otherwise and use 5 carries as your justice. The guy sucks...we cut him, nobody wanted him. Commanders put him on their practice squad and cut him. He would be out of the NFL right now if his former team didn't have injuries. 31 other NFL teams turned him down twice because they felt they had better players on their roster.

All we knew about Harris was his return skills because the Cowboys never gave him enough opportunity to show what he could do at receiver. Newman's confidence was shot along with the rest of the team which is why the Cowboys kept losing season finale elimination games. Pacman was a punk and Jerry knew it just like he knew Alonzo Spellman was a nutcase and Greg Hardy abuses women. When Jerry thinks he has a SB contending team he takes chances on low character players and dumps them as soon as reality slaps him in the face that his team isn't that good and players like that are only .

When you have a great OL any back should be a good fit but CMike was never given a good chance. The Commanders cutting him means nothing they're as screwed up as the Cowboys. Championship caliber teams know how to get the most out of players. The Pats do it all the time picking up players off the street like Blount and getting the most out of them. Andre Holmes another receiver the Cowboys cut also had more TD's than Dez this season.

Proximo

Reaction score
How about out talent evaluation? We have tried to force JJ Wilcox into being a NFL safety for 4 years and he stinks. Meanwhile Sendejo who we thought was garbage is doing pretty darn well as a safety in the playoffs.

While our talent evaluation certainly isn't the best in the league, it's not NEARLY as bad as some of the fans on here think it is. We've hit on a BUNCH of draft picks over the last few years, and also have a knack for finding value in UDFA's.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Andre Holmes a receiver the Cowboys cut had more TD's than Dez this season.

Another weak comparison. Bryant was injured and missed a significant portion of the season while Holmes played all 16 games. Still it must be great that Holmes had 4 TD receptions compared to Dez's 3.

Eddie

Reaction score
it's amazing what zimmer is doing so quickly in minnesota. meanwhile we're twiddling our thumbs with romo and a trainee head coach. i swear the league is just passing us by one team at a time.

I'm rooting for Zim. Minny's playing well because Bridgewater has turned into a reasonable QB. I'm sure a healthy Romo would have won the division for us. Unfortunately, we have no succession plan and no QB to develop for the future. All our eggs were in Romo's basket, and we got bit for it. If we make the same mistake next year, then we deserve our sorry fate.

Proximo

Reaction score
The grass is always greener on the other side. If Pacman spent the last 6 years in Dallas and only had 10 ints you would hate him. You probably hated Newman when he was in Dallas and would have almost 4 ints a year, but now that he is gone you love that he gets 2 a year. Pacman only played 9 games for Dallas due to suspension and injury. He also missed the entire 2009 season. Hardly some grand example of a player Dallas didn't know how to use. He also cost the Bengals a playoff victory.

Michael didn't learn the playbook. Hard to put a guy in who doesn't know what to do. No one should rue his departure. They should question why Dallas traded for him in the first place, which I do. I didn't want the Cowboys to trade for him and knew he wouldn't amount to much. He will probably be with his 5th or 6th team in a couple of years.

I do agree that Dallas should have let Dez go and kept Dwayne Harris. That would have turned the whole season around.

Damn good post. I'm definitely okay with Dallas keeping Dez, but still, damn good post.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Zimmer and Newman. They will only go as far as their defense can carry them though.

I'm happy for both of them. We gave them so much crap while they were here ... meanwhile, we haven't done much either without them. Minny's D is good ... but Bridgewater is the reason why they're in the playoffs as compared to sitting at home. He's not great, but he's better than expected.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if the Vikings hold on the Cardinals basically have a bye week next week.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I'm happy for both of them. We gave them so much crap while they were here ... meanwhile, we haven't done much either without them. Minny's D is good ... but Bridgewater is the reason why they're in the playoffs as compared to sitting at home. He's not great, but he's better than expected.

He's been ok this year. He seems to be more of a game manager from the games I've seen this year. Thats ok though when you have a great defense to lean on.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Minnesota. I like Zimmer and I'm a Maryland Terp fan so I like Diggs too.

Proximo

Reaction score
That is just an overly simplistic statement. There are far too many moving parts to reach that conclusion. Dallas got more out of Miles Austin or Laurent Robinson than any other team. Or how about Patrick Crayton? I think they got more out of Newman than either the Bengals or Vikes. What about DeMarco Murray?

There was no reason to give Dwayne Harris more chances in 2014 when the Cowboys had one of the most efficient passing games in the league. Dwayne Harris got more opportunities in 2015 due to injuries to guys in front of him and it wasn't enough to get the Giants to the playoffs. He wasn't going to help the Cowboys make the playoffs, either.

On a roll today I see.

It's just too easy and too satisfying for many of our fans to make those types of over simplistic statements. It's ashame, but, it is what it is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is just an overly simplistic statement. There are far too many moving parts to reach that conclusion. Dallas got more out of Miles Austin or Laurent Robinson than any other team. Or how about Patrick Crayton? I think they got more out of Newman than either the Bengals or Vikes. What about DeMarco Murray?

There was no reason to give Dwayne Harris more chances in 2014 when the Cowboys had one of the most efficient passing games in the league. Dwayne Harris got more opportunities in 2015 due to injuries to guys in front of him and it wasn't enough to get the Giants to the playoffs. He wasn't going to help the Cowboys make the playoffs, either.

The Cowboys got a lot out of Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson and Crayton because they have Tony Romo who made those receivers. Demarco Murray was given an opportunity to succeed with a lot of carries. There's always a reason to give a young player who are showing some big play potential more opportunities especially when Twill hasn't been showing up every week. Harris gave the Giants a better chance of making the playoffs than the chance our receivers gave us. Our WR's were awful this season even with Romo which is why Dunbar was leading the team in receiving after the first 2 weeks.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Is it me or did we see a lot less illegal contact penalties called this year? It seems like the defensive holding calls took the place of illegal contacts.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm rooting for Minnesota. I like Zimmer and I'm a Maryland Terp fan so I like Diggs too.

I never warmed to adult Eddie Munster. I'm glad he's gone, I don't think he's all that as a coach and he certainly wouldn't change anything here.

Last edited: