Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Are you seriously telling me that a 1at ballot hall of famer and all time Cowboy is to blame for everything bad in the world of the Dallas Cowboys? I will not disagree with your views of not wanting a LT, but our issues on this team start on our OL and nothing on offense can function without having a cornerstone there. We as fans have been at wits end with needing to fix our OL and we have slowly started doing this.
I’m trying to tell you that the numbers PROVED the Cowboys were more likely to win without Tyron playing than with him playing.

That cannot be denied.

Aven8

Reaction score
And we had a better winning percentage when Tyron was out hurt than we did when he was healthy.

It doesn’t matter how good this kid is the LT position won’t affect the W/L column like you think it will.
I get it. He’s not flashy. But if we can’t even run the offense (like when JG was the coach) when the LT is out what’s the point? Remember when Mahomes and company made it to the SB and lost to Tampa? As great as he is he couldn’t overcome a bad Oline.

Now had Penix gone around our pick at 24 I could get the attitude, but he was gone.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I’m trying to tell you that the numbers PROVED the Cowboys were more likely to win without Tyron playing than with him playing.

That cannot be denied.
maybe so, but I have been looking down the road with this team. The only to win without Tyron is to replace him and the missing parts. Last year and this years draft shows we are on the way to doing this, albeit not as quick as we would like because we have a team fill of holes larger than a 50 lb blcok of cheese

phildadon86

Reaction score
And we had a better winning percentage when Tyron was out hurt than we did when he was healthy.

It doesn’t matter how good this kid is the LT position won’t affect the W/L column like you think it will.
You love your numbers until you dont.

Stop with this nonsense.

Unless you can unequivocaly say that Tyron was the only player missing during those wins and losses.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because there are hundreds of factors that go into each game.

Are you suggesting the backups were better?
Are you denying the numbers?

If you go W/L percentage then yes, the back up LTs gave us a better chance at winning.

You simply cannot dispute this.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s why the QB position should be the priority.

Imagine the Chiefs drafting a LT instead of Mahomes.
I wanted a QB as well, but we saw 6 of the first 12 picks go towards that position. I wanted Penix and could settle for Nix, but they didn't have the firepower to move up. If they could have, they would have compromised the next two drafts for the 5th or 6th best guy at their position.

Rattler is the 7th best. I watched every game he played at Oklahoma and didn't see an NFL prospect. Great arm, decent mobility....but small, fragile, didn't love his attitude or body language, didn't seem like a strong leader. Maybe alot changed at South Carolina....

I wanted a QB, but none of the guys available were even close to being a 1st round talent. Beefing up the trenches was the smart move. If the plan is to replace Dak, having a strong foundation for the new guy to develop behind is a strong step in the right direction. Maybe they get lucky with a mid-round developmental guy, but it's looking like addressing the position next year is the right move at this point.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Let the left tackle go through growing pains this year. If he struggles, so will Dak.
Dak doesn't get re-signed, Guyton improves in 2025 for the next QB.

A+ Draft for you now.
Probably the best post of your career!!!

Polkton31

Reaction score
We had the best LT in the NFL for a decade and had a better winning percentage when he was out hurt than when he was healthy.
You're trying to use a stat to prove a point? That's kind of ironic since you've said many times, "Stats don't matter", and in this case, the stats are misleading at best. Those percentages are based on completely different game totals. The games with Tyron total 162 for a record of 93-69. The games without Tyron total 49 for a record of 29-20. Simply based on the law of averages, your statement might hold, but Tyron would have to miss an additional 113 games to find out for sure. It's like playing 4 games and winning 3. It would give you a 75% win total. Or you play 1 game and win it. That would give you a 100% win total. The one win gives you a better win percentage, but it doesn't tell the whole story.