Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not happy with the direction of the team either. But complaining without a plan of action is just crying
My plan doesn’t matter.

I don’t see you in here telling the people that are pretending to be happy about this pick that they’re not taken seriously for liking the pick.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Are you denying the numbers?

If you go W/L percentage then yes, the back up LTs gave us a better chance at winning.

You simply cannot dispute this.
Again, that is not a logical argument.

You are ignoring so many other factors.

This is the biggest issue with the wrong headed idea that QBs win or lose games.
Using this logic, 100% of draft picks should be QBs. 100% of the salary cap should be used on QBs as all the other positions don't matter.
Actually, now using this same logic from this thread, you have turned it into that 100% of picks should be used on LTs as apparently they are the determining factor, and nothing else. And that completely undermines your entire thread.

And you are contradicting yourself another way. As earlier you said he was basically the best LT in the game the previous decade.

I generally agree with your views on Dak, but when you go down these non-sensical rabbit holes, you lose any credibility you may have had.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I trade up for a QB.

Atlantas pick was there for the taking.
Well you need to say which one,and you would have to give up a next years 1 to get up very high.
I think the 1st 3 were locked in on getting a qb , they wouldnt have traded their rd 1 pick.

I liked drake maye, but was surprised he went at # 3.

The other guys left, are they better than dak?

I think for qb , you have to be looking at qb's in advance
, have one in college picked out, and plan on when he will be in the draft
and how you will get him.
Some drafts just dont have great qb's so why pick one that year?

Jones boys are fans,
not serious GM's, they draft based on who they liked in college, injuries, and off field issues dont matter.
They liked guyton,and they like brooks, who will be the 2nd rd pick.

If you listened to the fish shows, you would know this, and that
they had no interest in taking a qb esp in the high rds.

Reactions: JPM

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again, that is not a logical argument.

You are ignoring so many other factors.

This is the biggest issue with the wrong headed idea that QBs win or lose games.
Using this logic, 100% of draft picks should be QBs. 100% of the salary cap should be used on QBs as all the other positions don't matter.
Actually, now using this same logic from this thread, you have turned it into that 100% of picks should be used on LTs as apparently they are the determining factor, and nothing else. And that completely undermines your entire thread.

And you are contradicting yourself another way. As earlier you said he was basically the best LT in the game the previous decade.

I generally agree with your views on Dak, but when you go down these non-sensical rabbit holes, you lose any credibility you may have had.
I’m sorry, but the W/L percentages simply do not lie.

If I am required to chose between denying facts or losing credibility on an internet message board then by all means take the credibility away.

Polkton31

Reaction score
No. If the numbers made it seem Tyron mattered in terms of W/L percentage I’d be on here like the rest of ya pretending that taking a LT in the 1st is gonna matter.
Well, some of us believe that football is a team sport and every position matters. But, that is another conversation altogether.

Serious question. What do you see in Penix Jr that would make you want to trade away all of the Cowboy's draft capital in this draft, and possibly have to mortgage some of the next year's draft, to go up and get him?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are in no danger of being taken seriously. You don't have to worry bout that
giphy.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No surprise. And I know you want QB. The problem is, there wasn't really a first round QB when we were picking. Look at it this way. If we do go QB next year, then he will likely be much better protected. We needed to go oline. We got an extra pick. I have no problem with our pick.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
My plan doesn’t matter.

I don’t see you in here telling the people that are pretending to be happy about this pick that they’re not taken seriously for liking the pick.
They reached at a position of need due to not signing a starter in FA. They needed to take a tackle to keep tyler smith at his all pro position at guard. The front office sucks what can I tell you. I see why they made the pick.

They came out and stated that Hoffman will be your starting center. If guyton isn't ready to go and gets beat out by Richards or Waletzko. Then I'm not happy

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well you need to say which one,and you would have to give up a next years 1 to get up very high.
I think the 1st 3 were locked in on getting a qb , they wouldnt have traded their rd 1 pick.

I liked drake maye, but was surprised he went at # 3.

The other guys left, are they better than dak?

I think for qb , you have to be looking at qb's in advance
, have one in college picked out, and plan on when he will be in the draft
and how you will get him.
Some drafts just dont have great qb's so why pick one that year?

Jones boys are fans,
not serious GM's, they draft based on who they liked in college, injuries, and off field issues dont matter.
They liked guyton,and they like brooks, who will be the 2nd rd pick.

If you listened to the fish shows, you would know this, and that
they had no interest in taking a qb esp in the high rds.
If part of your criteria before drafting a QB is asking yourself “Are they better than Dak?” then you’ve already lost.

That is not how you should judge the QB position because 9 times out of 10 you’re going to be suckered into thinking the veteran QB is better than the QB that’s never taken an NFL snap.

Therefore you’ll never try and you’ll stay settling.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well, some of us believe that football is a team sport and every position matters. But, that is another conversation altogether.

Serious question. What do you see in Penix Jr that would make you want to trade away all of the Cowboy's draft capital in this draft, and possibly have to mortgage some of the next year's draft, to go up and get him?
Every position does matter.

Some just matter much more than others.

And to answer your question. He’s not Dak. Dak’s a known loser and Penix is an unknown.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
How can anyone be down on grabbing a LT?
It is one of the most important positions on the team.
It was expected by everybody for us to grab a lineman so it definitely was not a bonehead move.
It was a great position of need and a very good pick. People gonna be like they were when we picked Frederick?

Besides, we needed more picks, and we got a high value 3rd rounder for that move. Bravo. Still need more picks than we have, but great start.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Tyron Smith never saw past the divisional round.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

A LT is the shingles on an already built house.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.
you are clueless about football. please don't venture into the what position is important on the team.
LT is the second most important position on Offense. every idiot football fan knows that. but here we are. if you said Guton was a bad prospect and got over drafted, you would have been in much better position.

now, with that said, I advocate a 1000% that we should build a defense that can hold opponents to 13 points a game and I can help this team go 10-7. at that point yes, Rush, Bob Smith, John Doe could QB the team. until then Rush is what he is. a below average QB, who when the defense didn't win the game for him, and gave up 20 points. lost badly and got blown out.

p.s.
pull your head out of Rush's arse. its embarassing.

Havic

Reaction score
Would have hated the pick at 24. Loved it at 29 with a high 3rd rounder. It’s cool to hate it but who would you have taken instead?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Am I supposed to be excited for a guy that might give Dak an extra 10th of a second to not see a wide open receiver because he’s already locked on to CeeDee?
Ever hear of a running game?
Maybe he really helps there. Then a defense must respect that run game, therefore opening up the pass, and an extra second for Dak to pass the ball.

It is called Football 101.
Then again you do not go by conventional logic and will just say, Dak still can't play. I am not defending Dak by this either. Just stating the facts of basic football.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I wanted a QB as well, but we saw 6 of the first 12 picks go towards that position. I wanted Penix and could settle for Nix, but they didn't have the firepower to move up. If they could have, they would have compromised the next two drafts for the 5th or 6th best guy at their position.

Rattler is the 7th best. I watched every game he played at Oklahoma and didn't see an NFL prospect. Great arm, decent mobility....but small, fragile, didn't love his attitude or body language, didn't seem like a strong leader. Maybe alot changed at South Carolina....

I wanted a QB, but none of the guys available were even close to being a 1st round talent. Beefing up the trenches was the smart move. If the plan is to replace Dak, having a strong foundation for the new guy to develop behind is a strong step in the right direction. Maybe they get lucky with a mid-round developmental guy, but it's looking like addressing the position next year is the right move at this point.
Like I say it is better to plan ahead if you want a qb, and wait for a good one , then go all out to get him.
Some drafts just dont really have a good one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you are clueless about football. please don't venture into the what position is important on the team.
LT is the second most important position on Offense. every idiot football fan knows that. but here we are. if you said Guton was a bad prospect and got over drafted, you would have been in much better position.

now, with that said, I advocate a 1000% that we should build a defense that can hold opponents to 13 points a game and I can help this team go 10-7. at that point yes, Rush, Bob Smith, John Doe could QB the team. until then Rush is what he is. a below average QB, who when the defense didn't win the game for him, and gave up 20 points. lost badly and got blown out.

p.s.
pull your head out of Rush's arse. its embarassing.
Imagine thinking LT is the 2nd most important position on offense when the Cowboys have a better winning percentage when Tyron was hurt than when he was healthy lolololololololllol