T.J. Yeldon

IAmLegend

Reaction score
If you talking 4th rounder ok, but this guy has no outstanding traits. Very average vision. But yr right about the Murray comparison. He'll take what line gives him, has some power and can pass block. Murray was slow through the line too and ran upright but at least offered straight line speed. Yeldin runs 4.6 and looks it.

He ran a 4.52 at his pro-day.

btcutter

Reaction score
I like Duke. You can't argue with RBs coming out of Miami. He's got quickness, speed and sneaky strong. He also holds the yardage record is Miami. I see a young Charles but more polished coming out of college.

I love that he squeezes through small holes then explodes out the other side.

Given such a strong class of RBs. I'm very much in favor of picking one early and another late. Draft is a numbers game. More picks equals more opportunities for a hit.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Duke. You can't argue with RBs coming out of Miami. He's got quickness, speed and sneaky strong. He also holds the yardage record is Miami. I see a young Charles but more polished coming out of college.

Given such a strong class of RBs. I'm very much in favor of picking one early and another late. Draft is a numbers game. More picks equals more opportunities for a hit.

Yeah, I kind of like that idea too. Coming away with Duke and Langford, for example, would be awesome. Problem is numbers add up. Williams, Randle, McFadden...getting a little excessive with two more picks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of like that idea too. Coming away with Duke and Langford, for example, would be awesome. Problem is numbers add up. Williams, Randle, McFadden...getting a little excessive with two more picks

I'm not convinced that Duke or Langord is better then anything we already have.

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
If I have Ingram or Lacey on my team Im looking for an upgrade. Personally I think McFadden is an upgrade to both those guys.

WOW, your entitled to your opinion but damn Lacy is a beast. Ingram looked nice last year too, reason he got paid and Mcfadden has 200k guaranteed.

Dwight

Reaction score

I totally agree with your assessment of Duke. He would be a great choice in the third or fourth round. He could replace Randle due to his speed and agility.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think Yeldon is the best one-cut back in the draft. He, more than any of the others, has the ability to plant and go without losing speed. It's honestly unreal how good he is off one cut runs. Reminds me more of Arian Foster than Demarco Murray.

That said, his injury history makes me weary of drafting him.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I think Yeldon is the best one-cut back in the draft. He, more than any of the others, has the ability to plant and go without losing speed. It's honestly unreal how good he is off one cut runs. Reminds me more of Arian Foster than Demarco Murray.

That said, his injury history makes me weary of drafting him.

With the exception of Gurley. Who may also have unparalleled vision.

btcutter

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Duke or Langord is better then anything we already have.

IMO McFadden replaces Dunbar. He is bigger and faster, proven and able to pick up blocks. He's also pretty cheap.

Between Randel and Willams we will probably keep one.

I don't know enough about Langord. But I believe Duke is more explosive and elusive than the backs we have on roster. The only knock on him is size. But if we are going rb by committee then he should have no problems handling 15-20 touches per game.

Duke has proven to be durable and productive at Miami and owns most records by RB there which is no small feat given his predecessors. The films I saw is more impressive than some of the other more highly rated backs who are running through giant holes or mostly bouncing outside and out running defenders.

I don't think he lasts to our 3rd round pick given how late our pick is

Again just my opinion.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
His 2013 game footage was really good. The question on him are why did he have a down year in 2014 and is he injury prone in terms of nagging type injuries (hamstring, groin, etc.). Also Alabama RBs have tended to be overrated.

They lost their all american C, RG, and RT, the LT took a step back and their replacements were not nearly as good.

That being said I saw Coleman, Ajayi and others do more with less than he had.

btcutter

Reaction score
Gurley is a every down back so is Gordon and Yeldon. I think you need a 215 plus pounder to Beast Mode for Dallas. We need an every down finisher with vision, already have the speed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rdinals-must-steal-on-day-2-of-2015-nfl-draft

Certainly it would be ideal to have a back that is big, strong, fast, elusive....the whole package. However, that's a rare specie. Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson aren't around.

I think it maybe a flawed thought process that we must have a bruiser that can carry the load. Emmitt and Dorsett were no bruisers. They are completely different yet they share a single common trait which is vision. We should go in drafting the back with the best VISION and natural running ability above all else. Don't get caught up completely on "complete back", "speed back", "beast mode back" etc.

JMHO.