Tale Of The Tape. MVP

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Why does Dak deserve more than Allen? Last time they both took the same field , Allen was far and away the more impressive player.
For me right nows, I trust Dak more to not lose a game from quarters 1-4 for us...if we need a TD in last 2 mins of a game though I choose Allen. A QB cannot turn the ball over 2-3x a game against a good team and expect to win. If you ask the question who do you want for your QB the next 10 years? That is a different story, and my response changes

Nexx

Reaction score
Dak's MVP talk died due to the three previous games against the playoff teams going 1-2 and could have easily when 0-3 against he Bills, Dolphins and Lions. the offense put up 10, 20 and 20 points. That isnt a MVP in my book. No amount of stat padding against a bad team in Washington was going to convince any otherwise.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
If it’s stats it’s Dak. The league is infatuated with Lamar Jackson though. I don’t understand it but man they pump that guy up like crazy.
Lamar has cooked the best teams in the league though, that has to count for something extra.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me right nows, I trust Dak more to not lose a game from quarters 1-4 for us...if we need a TD in last 2 mins of a game though I choose Allen. A QB cannot turn the ball over 2-3x a game against a good team and expect to win. If you ask the question who do you want for your QB the next 10 years? That is a different story, and my response changes
You have to consider how he went into to KC and turned the franchises season around. He followed that by blowing out Dallas. He goes into Miami and wins. Who has Dak beaten on the road ? Nobody. Also consider Allen’s best target is a past his prime wr ((Diggs) and a rookie TE. He’s got far less to work with than Dak.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Lamar has cooked the best teams in the league though, that has to count for something extra.
Cooked might be an exaggeration. He cooked Miami. Maybe Detroit. Other than that he has been good but not a MVP. Guy has 24 TD passes. That’s not cooking. He plays for the best team too.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You have to consider how he went into to KC and turned the franchises season around. He followed that by blowing out Dallas. He goes into Miami and wins. Who has Dak beaten on the road ? Nobody. Also consider Allen’s best target is a past his prime wr ((Diggs) and a rookie TE. He’s got far less to work with than Dak.
the INT's, nothing more, nothing less. Talking right now, when Dak has been at his best..not long term.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Negative narrative? He laid waste to mostly cupcakes and padded his stats against the leagues worst. I mean , we had him in the game in the 4th quarter of a 35-10 game just to pad more stats. Go look at how he played against the best teams on our schedule SF, Buffalo, Miami…… the 2 divisional round playoff losses. Those are the games that forge the narrative and provide context.
Exactly, I would have expected Dak to play like Josh Allen did against the Cowboys! Oh, wait he was 7-15 for 93 yds and 1TD....I mean the way Brock Purdy played against the ravens..oh, wait he had 42 QB rating and 4 INTs...I mean the way Mahommes played against the Eagles...oh, wait he was 24-43 for 177 yds 2TDs and 1 INT...I mean the way Tua played against the Bills with the division on the line...oh, wait he was 17-27 173 yds 1 TD and 2 INTs 62.7 QB rating...I mean the way Hurts played against Seahawks...oh wait, 2 INTs 0 TD 40.1 QB rating.

I guess all the top QBs have struggles against higher levels of competition..
Not just Dak.

But Dak did have > 100QB ratings against these Playoff teams:

Detroit
Miami
Philly 115 and 99.4
Rams
Seattle

He did struggle against 49ers (51.6) and the Bills (57.7) but as I mentioned above all QBs have their struggles.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Dak sat out like an entire game this season. He's the MVP. He's carried this offense and team to victories.

The only reason he won't get the MVP is because he has a star on the helmet. No one likes us except us.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Bc he’s the QB of the best team in the league and he does it all. His team was better than Daks. AND He did what Dak could not do…… make SF look like chumps on their home field. So he deserves the regular season glory this year.
Whatever is this nonsense? The 49ers turned the ball over FIVE times. You're not beating ANY team when you give the ball away that many times. Lamar Jackson had nothing to do with those turnovers.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The arguments here against Dak are solid.

But what is an MVP? The single player most instrumental to his team's success; regardless of who they have defeated.

To that end Dak is the favorite. As good as the Cowboys are, they do not have the roster the 49ers and Ravens have around Purdy and Lamar.

Dak has the Cowboys the highest scoring team in football without a great offensive line and without a great running game. Purdy and Jackson have the benefit of both.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Jackson also has another 800 yards rushing. He's been the better complete player, has more wins and in bigger moments. Dak is in the conversation but Lamar has the better case
Dak still had more total yards...4758 to 4499. His PAA, EPA and PASS numbers are all significantly better than Jackson. He also has the #1 DVOA defense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Couldn't care less about the MVP award. If I had to vote I'd go with Lamar but I really don't care.

What I do care about is playoff success. Let's make some noise for a change. It's been a while.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Negative narrative? He laid waste to mostly cupcakes and padded his stats against the leagues worst. I mean , we had him in the game in the 4th quarter of a 35-10 game just to pad more stats. Go look at how he played against the best teams on our schedule SF, Buffalo, Miami…… the 2 divisional round playoff losses. Those are the games that forge the narrative and provide context.
Dak played exceptionally well against Miami, so that destroys your BS hate post.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Couldn't care less about the MVP award. If I had to vote I'd go with Lamar but I really don't care.

What I do care about is playoff success. Let's make some noise for a change. It's been a while.
Of course, you would go with Lamar. We've known that about you for years now.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Im pretty sure Lamar Jackson was sitting on the bench when Baltimore's defense was intercepting Brock Purdy 4 times and making SF look like chumps. MVP voters need some perspective when handing out individual awards. Teams shouldn't win MVP awards, individuals should.
Perspective.
Like throwing 5 TDs the following week against
Miami in a game with No.1 seed aspirations.
Anyone who's paid attention the last month knows
Lamar Jackson is the MVP.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dak didn't 'Cause' the SF loss. The defense got steamrolled. Sure...Dak and the offense could have done more early...but the game was 14-7 in the 2nd quarter and the defense gave up another td to 21-7. It was then 21-10 and the defense gave up another td 28-10. Then Dak threw his first int later in the 3rd quarter.

For Dallas to beat SF, the defense has to be much better than it was that Day, period.
8 consecutive 3-and-outs to start that game.
Defense was gassed. They also played poorly.

RoboQB

Reaction score
IF Dak came up with OPOY, and Lamar was MVP....i could live with that. I would rather get it right on MVP and let OPOY go to Hill, CmaC, or Ceedee.
A nice possibility. I'd pull for that too.
Unfortunately, the OPOY is usually an apology award
to the best non-QB. Your choices are on point for that.

Reactions: Ken