Tale Of The Tape. MVP

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
LAMAR beat them lol

5 ints vs SF says HE didn't beat them.

Last second FG loss to Miami on the road says Dak didn't lose to them.

NOW it is about team stats. I would be fine with this as a tie breaker if everything was similar....it isn't.
Don't think it matters. OPOY, bring up all the stat arguments.

But think voters look at wins first for MVP argument, with only bias being they favor QBs first.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So once again, if a Cowboy isn't chosen for something, it's CONSPIRACY! somehow via "narrative" or "hate." Same ol' "we didn't really just take an L" mentality and childish nonsense to follow. SMH.

Sensible ones have brought up the important stuff for why Jackson should win the MVP but beyond going head to head with the best teams there's also team performance, and a #1 seed in your conference is worth tons. Would've helped Romo in 2014 (with Murray being his CMC) even though Rodgers' stats were marginally better.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He full body of work is ok. Good. Not

Lamar
Dak
Purdy
Allen

All 4 will get votes, and Dak deserves more than the 2 listed below him....deserves many more than the other 2. Allen is talk of the town today but low and behold if Dak played a game like Josh did last night there would be doubts all over the place about his turnover problems...the media just wants to ignore Allen's because he can turn into Superman and make everybody forget. Sadly, it's the truth, the guy clutch when needed
Why does Dak deserve more than Allen? Last time they both took the same field , Allen was far and away the more impressive player.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The Ravens philosophy doesn’t waver. Suffocate you with their defense, and run a managed ball control offense with a preferred run heavy set.

For a guy that’s so dynamic he needs to be nothing more than a game manager for the Ravens to get it done and for this he’ll get the MVP. Dak doesn’t have that luxury.

Lamar, with an excellent cast, wins easily.

Ken

Reaction score
Don't think it matters. OPOY, bring up all the stat arguments.

But think voters look at wins first for MVP argument, with only bias being they favor QBs first.
IF Dak came up with OPOY, and Lamar was MVP....i could live with that. I would rather get it right on MVP and let OPOY go to Hill, CmaC, or Ceedee.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Without CeeDee, the Cowboys probably don't win eight games this year. That's my definition of a "most valuable player."
Yep. And I'm making my decision based on Cooper Rush's performance last year which may not be fair because the defense played lights out those few games, but I think we win more games without Dak, then we do games without CeeDee Lamb. Haven't seen a guy like that in a long time on the Boys who is just money every game. Same thing we had with Aikman and Irvin. So kudos to Dak cause it won't be the same money without him, but CeeDee Lamb is just playing lights out with this new offense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jackson also has another 800 yards rushing. He's been the better complete player, has more wins and in bigger moments. Dak is in the conversation but Lamar has the better case
Even though wins are a team stat, they clearly get figured into the equation when it comes to QBs. That's why I think Jackson gets it.

Ken

Reaction score
Even though wins are a team stat, they clearly get figured into the equation when it comes to QBs. That's why I think Jackson gets it.
Lamar had 1 more w than Dak this year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lamar had 1 more w than Dak this year.
We all know yesterday's loss was because Baltimore had nothing to play for. Jackson didn't even play.

Blitzen

Reaction score
That's the problem with these voting I mean I don't know what they're looking at Prescott deserves it more than anyone if you look at how important he's been to this team especially in games where he's had to play with a weak offensive line no run game one-dimensional his defense at times was shaky throughout the year and he stayed steady just about every game everyone has a bad gamer two like those dudes on the list...

But this year I mean you can't just say well he's on the better team they're one game better than us this year and I believe they all are deserving of the consideration but Prescott probably had to do more than any of them I mean here we go again with the Ravens defense I mean Joe Flacco was the recipient of that at one time all the way back to the 2000 Ravens teams I mean you know if Prescott had an 86 bears defense and a run game in an offense built to just control the clock and make sure they can make plays when needed that was the plan going into this year and the irony here is Mike McCarthy had to change back to a wide open offense to throw to set up the run because we didn't have a good enough run game and we have an inconsistent blocking offensive line...

When I look at that Ravens team I see a great team around Lamar Jackson and he had not had to do as much this year as he did his other MVP year and I believe because of the lower mistakes this year by Prescott he gets to the top of that list yes it's impressive what Josh Allen has done but the dude is a turnover machine and his team barely made it into the playoffs and Brock Purdy is on a loaded team even more so than Jackson and they've all played well they're all deserving of it...

Trust me it sounds like we're being homers and the haters don't wanna hear it but Prescott is clearly just by numbers and what he had to do with less and his turnovers are so far down I mean I don't even remember if he had any official fumbles lost but either way this is the lowest turnovers when you look at touchdown interception ratio and total turnovers Prescott should get it...
You are a severely biased Homer. Dak had a great regular season. His best ever. Lamar was fantastic for the Ravens, and they beat the doors off the other best teams in the league. The team never got blown out. He was the most important player on the best team in the league-which almost always results in the MVP award (he also did not play in their final game which impacts total stats).

For me, the award should go to McCaffrey because of how their offense is so dependent on him being the focal point. For Dallas, I would argue that Ceedee was as important or more than Dak.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why does Dak deserve more than Allen? Last time they both took the same field , Allen was far and away the more impressive player.
Allen? I am from NY and have a few Bills fans friends. They hate the guy. He’s a turnover machine. Did you see the game last night? Correct me, are MVPs handed out over one game now?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Without CeeDee, the Cowboys probably don't win eight games this year. That's my definition of a "most valuable player."
yeah but somebody had to get him the ball under pressure without a run game most of the year so that has to go back to the quarterback that's why quarterbacks win most of the MVP 's I know they go hand in hand but who has the ball more and who has to make sure CD is fed?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Allen? I am from NY and have a few Bills fans friends. They hate the guy. He’s a turnover machine. Did you see the game last night? Correct me, are MVPs handed out over one game now?
Well that's because he's Brett farve 2.0 everybody knows it but he should get the accolades but he also should get the criticisms he brings you both can drive you crazy with the turnovers but at the same time sure accounts for a lot of scores....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak Big Games

These are the ones they’re thinking about when voting.
  • Both Philly games (rival)
  • SF (rival)
  • Sea-Buf-Mia-Det (toughest schedule in NFL, end of season)
Record: 3-4

Going to be tough to get the votes. Especially since Lamar beat most of these teams.

Still think MVP should go to CeeDee.
See that's an odd way of looking at it and I'm sorry but for one Prescott the one throwing the ball the CD lamb that's why it's hard for a receiver to get that award they know who's distributing the ball is also important and by the way you give Prescott five turnovers in the 49er game and he'll deliver you a win as well their defense was number one in almost every category that matters the team around both Purdy Lamar in my opinion slightly above the Cowboys the Cowboys have made Prescott one-dimensional in so many games kinda hard to win the game in Buffalo when you had ten guys who were sick a bunch of injuries and the defense played like garbage... Also add in some questionable calls so people can't separate it and I'm talking about the voters if they can't separate team game from individual the MVP is an individual stat so if all of the people who are being discussed four MVP 's have teams that are really good then you have to go back to individual stats an individual stat say Prescott should get the award.. All the teams with those players being discussed have good records they're all going to the playoffs but in my opinion I believe Prescott had to do more with less this year he should win MVP on stats alone because the rest of it seems equal in most people's eyes.... So let me get this straight Lamar didn't beat those teams on his own especially those big games this defense make sure that he had an opportunity to win those games where ours did not..

Go back and look at all the losses if you look at what was the worst part of those games it would be the defense and all five of our games and by the way even the Seattle game at home made our defense uncomfortable but Prescott brought us back every time and in the Miami game Prescott gave us the go ahead touchdown with four minutes left and our defense failed again you give him the Ravens defense and he's still going to be the front runner if not more so for the MVP...

Prescott's defense was inconsistent his run game is offensive line all inconsistent they even started out the year slow the first four or five games of the year being conservative they didn't even open up the offense to where CD Lim and Prescott started doing this from game five not the first four games imagine their stats after that might be factored in,.