Image: Tank got an expensive toy

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I made no mistake, I simply posted my opinion on it. Funny, people the likes of you don't see the total *** backwards and insane acceptance of "entertainers" being paid like kings for what exactly? If you had actually read my post, you would have seen how I view these so called entertainers. They contribute ZERO to elevating the economy in such they do not produce a damn thing that makes our country stronger, stable or house people, make it so you can gas up your trucks, cars, light your home, build roads to drive said vehicles on, clothing, food ETC... you get the picture. And again, if you had actually read my post, you would have read this line "But hey, he got his payday, do with it as he will, no sweat off my brow...wth does that have to do with Tom hanks or anyone for that matter? As for their bo bo's they collect as they "play" a game to entertain us, they should spend 30 years in the oil fields, or hanging iron for buildings, maybe a doctor or nurse working with high risk people, IE ebola, Aids, et al these people risk nothing, and add nothing to the overall economy. You have you view of how grand they all are, and I have mine...lets leave it right there.

welcome to capitalism.
they bring in more revenue than a social worker and get paid for it.
do they add more societal value than other important jobs? nope.
but they generate far, FAR more money. and that's all that matters today.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I've built multiple businesses. I assure you that's not true.

lol congrats, so have lots of people, you have absolutely no idea what it takes to be a professional athlete - especially one of the best in the entire world. it's a different level of commitment and work.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
thats why I liked alfred morris, he drove a used car he fixed up, and put his money in the bank.
He also pal around with all the stadium employees. very down to earth, and smart guy.

if it were me, I wouldnt buy a fancy car, I would just have a limo service drive me everywhere.

superonyx

Reaction score
I made no mistake, I simply posted my opinion on it. Funny, people the likes of you don't see the total *** backwards and insane acceptance of "entertainers" being paid like kings for what exactly? If you had actually read my post, you would have seen how I view these so called entertainers. They contribute ZERO to elevating the economy in such they do not produce a damn thing that makes our country stronger, stable or house people, make it so you can gas up your trucks, cars, light your home, build roads to drive said vehicles on, clothing, food ETC... you get the picture. And again, if you had actually read my post, you would have read this line "But hey, he got his payday, do with it as he will, no sweat off my brow...wth does that have to do with Tom hanks or anyone for that matter? As for their bo bo's they collect as they "play" a game to entertain us, they should spend 30 years in the oil fields, or hanging iron for buildings, maybe a doctor or nurse working with high risk people, IE ebola, Aids, et al these people risk nothing, and add nothing to the overall economy. You have you view of how grand they all are, and I have mine...lets leave it right there.
Its safer for someone like you to make assumptions about how someone else thinks than it is to ask them.
You are part of the reason these guys make so much money whether you like it or not. You want to spin this into a debate about our capitalistic system and the inequality it brings. You need to pretend to know my position on this so you can go off on this weird rant. Tom Hanks, Demarcus Lawrence, Eddie Vedder, ect make what the make because of the revenue they bring it. Just as a CEO makes what he makes based on revenue and profit from the business.
You need to frame my side as somehow worshiping or idolizing people who are not contributing to the greater good of society. This isnt at all whats being done. This is just what we need to pretend to justify your rant. Your post doesnt actually make any legit point other than to show that you need to create others positions in order to justify your own. That weakens your points even if they were legit on their own.

I actually agree with you in principle. Although I am not idolizing someone for working in an oil field or hanging iron on buildings. Or even a doctor or nurse who while help our society are eating more than their share from system that is pay to play and has contributed to our societies problems through greed.

cern

Reaction score
welcome to capitalism.
they bring in more revenue than a social worker and get paid for it.
do they add more societal value than other important jobs? nope.
but they generate far, FAR more money. and that's all that matters today.
capitalism only works when people are spending money.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
thats why I liked alfred morris, he drove a used car he fixed up, and put his money in the bank.
He also pal around with all the stadium employees. very down to earth, and smart guy.

if it were me, I wouldnt buy a fancy car, I would just have a limo service drive me everywhere.

People love what they love. If you have the money, I say go for it if you aren't hurting anyone. When people start talking about what others should be doing, then they should be okay with others telling them how to do things too. Seldom works that way though.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Are you serious? That's not just a"nice car".
It's a luxury vehicle, what do you want me to say? The CEO of my company drives a car probably just as expensive, and he's probably worth half what DLaw is.

People with money buy things because they can.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's a luxury vehicle, what do you want me to say? The CEO of my company drives a car probably just as expensive, and he's probably worth half what DLaw is.

He's no longer a serious football player. He is one of JJ's kept men.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

And that pisses off average joes who sign up to be in a capitalist nation in the first place (lol), hence this "outrage" thread full of accusations of character and moral failings.

Stew, pikers, stew! LOL.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This is your opinion and your entitled to it, but history says that that is not even remotely true about any of them.

Agreed, if it was only money their total performance would drop off dramatically, and Tank as noted still plays at a high level.

Besides, if he continues to play at a high level, he's probably got performance bonuses in his contract, and if he stays healthy he's in line for an even bigger contract.

This is a non-story imho, what would any of us do if we got like a 500% raise?

Buy something expensive and exclusive, within budget of course.

By the way, I can't see the original post photo, what'd he buy?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol... thank you for your qualifier.
If I desired a car like that, I would have one.
You're welcome. A lot of people say if they desired something they would have it. Ime damn near none of those people have the means to ever get whatever it is that they could get if they "desired" it so again its sounds good talk.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Agreed, if it was only money their total performance would drop off dramatically, and Tank as noted still plays at a high level.

Besides, if he continues to play at a high level, he's probably got performance bonuses in his contract, and if he stays healthy he's in line for an even bigger contract.

This is a non-story imho, what would any of us do if we got like a 500% raise?

Buy something expensive and exclusive, within budget of course.

By the way, I can't see the original post photo, what'd he buy?
A mclaren 720s

shabazz

Reaction score

A lot of needy people in the community could have benefited from the money used to buy that Luxury car but thats purely up to him.

What bothers me is that some millionaires in sports distance themselves from CEO's and executives of companies and accuse them of greed as if their own millions don't put them in the same socioeconomic class. They both live in mansions in gated communities and have luxury cars. Double standards