Tank Lawrence and the Cowboys were Cowards

b0xZZ

Reaction score
The quote is a terrible quote and I made fun of him for it but you also need to realize he was purposefully trying to give a nothing answer that wouldn’t cause a controversy but actually did the exact opposite by giving such a terrible answer.
Then you say I don’t know but we are going to fix it this off-season. That’s the standard no answer. What he said was the most gutless excuse I’ve ever heard from a professional football player. Sad bro.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Yup, there were 12 teams that played that weekend and 6 of them lost. You didn't hear any sorry 'We were tired' excuses from them. If that's the case then why not focus on your conditioning instead of partying and all the other distractions the Dallas players involve themselves with?
That would take too much time from marketing and promoting on social media. The Hot Boyz swag and protein supplements aren't going to sell themselves.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Little Tank has been a coward ever since he got paid. Never get to the QB but get praised for being an unsung hero for doing the "little things"? Fine, he does little things. For that contract he should have been doing big things.

Sjoseph316

Reaction score
Cowboys diehard since childhood, 52 years. I played a lot of sports, football being my favorite and I played high school, college and arena, have had a lot of teammates. This is by far the worst excuse I’ve ever heard a player use. Pathetic. There is no fixing this kind of loser mentality in Dallas. All the players that were “tired” need to retire or be cut right now. I’m still trying to digest the fact he actually said what he said.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the defense was tired from carrying the MVP all year. I can't blame them. :D

He said Rush was a lighter load.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Nah, it's standard to protect your teammates, and that's all he was doing. Can't just spew that we are not talented enough, which is the real problem.
This teams mentality, lack of alpha dog winner mentality, is what is really costing us. Players great when front running, finesse type game…..but doesn’t have the fighters mentality and drive to win, where losing is unacceptable.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Then you say I don’t know but we are going to fix it this off-season. That’s the standard no answer. What he said was the most gutless excuse I’ve ever heard from a professional football player. Sad bro.
That’s exactly my point, thanks

stilltheguru

Reaction score
@WillieBeamen I saw Gilly speak on dlaw. Told yall gilly got the most heart on the defense and he 34 years freaking old. So embarrassing. Yall wonder why I don't give a damn about the draft this year. We need leadership on defense badly. I could go on and on about how soft these dudes are.

Daron Bland being scared of DK is also a story for another day.

kskboys

Reaction score
This teams mentality, lack of alpha dog winner mentality, is what is really costing us. Players great when front running, finesse type game…..but doesn’t have the fighters mentality and drive to win, where losing is unacceptable.
True, except that the lack of talent at DT and LB trumps all of that. Can't win fights if your opponent is miles better than you are.

kskboys

Reaction score
@WillieBeamen I saw Gilly speak on dlaw. Told yall gilly got the most heart on the defense and he 34 years freaking old. So embarrassing. Yall wonder why I don't give a damn about the draft this year. We need leadership on defense badly. I could go on and on about how soft these dudes are.

Daron Bland being scared of DK is also a story for another day.
Who in hades is Gilly?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
True, except that the lack of talent at DT and LB trumps all of that. Can't win fights if your opponent is miles better than you are.
What great talent do lions have at dt/lb? They played better against san fran on d than we ever did. It's about talent as much as it is dawg. You're wrong

kwcool619

Reaction score
DLaw's comments reflect the mindset and mentality of this team. They lost the GB game before they stepped on the field. This simply is unacceptable.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
What great talent do lions have at dt/lb? They played better against san fran on d than we ever did. It's about talent as much as it is dawg. You're wrong
I wont even lie. Youre right. Didnt believe it til i saw the Dlaw interview.

Mind you, hes the supposed “leader” on the defense

kskboys

Reaction score
Actually, it's you that's no only wrong, you are blatantly wrong.

Firstly: Alim McNeil is quietly rising to become a top DT, and Isiah Buggs has been playing very well at DT. Then, they drafted behemoth Brodric Martin to rotate in at NT. Very solid. And very solid against the run.

LB's: I guess you missed it, but DET just drafted Jack Campbell in the 1st and he played extremely well, especially for a rook. And here's what you missed, once again: They have actual NFL quality LB's playing LB.

I do agree w/ you on DAWG, I do, but DAWG makes no difference if you lack talent, which we do. Osa is full of DAWG, but he simply lacks the traits to anchor. And then look at our S's. They are playing LB. Kearse, Bell, and Muku are all full of DAWG. But it doesn't matter because they're not playing S.

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how you don't see this.