Tanking sentiment on the board

waldoputty

Reaction score
You don't think that wouldn't be seen for what it is? And this is the Cowboys, not the Browns, wouldn't the media just love a tanking conspiracy about America's Team?

waldo, being the ratings leader for NFL comes with responsibility and if they tried something like that, Booger wouldn't have one owner as an ally.

that is true to some degree.
though i am not suggest to put the entire ol in for special teams.
they do have lineman so just add a couple more.
they also have db starters in special teams so protect those starters
dont ir uninjured players but injured ones who need 3-4 weeks with a hamstring or something like that
for good measure, bring back one ir guy back and play him

and no one can blame us for trading a player with ending contract for picks if possible.
we can consider seriously trading dlaw for 2 1st round picks.
lots of stuff that legally can be done with no outcry

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Lol my gosh. What a bunch of give ups.

Our division is a complete cluster. If the Commanders lose tonight (likely), then we are half a game out of first. The goal is making the playoffs and that is still very much alive.

Stop. You are thinking small picture. If we make the playoffs and get run off the field (which will happen), no changes will be made. We celebrate playoff appearances around here now. Playoff wins are optional. They are so rare, we are elated when it happens. It's pathetic. We have made the playoffs twice this decade. Won one single time.

But yes, keep wanting just a playoff appearance to be the goal and not actually strive to be something more. Merely making the playoffs won't do anything. We will be a quick, easy exit and then we still have the same junk next year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that is true to some degree.
though i am not suggest to put the entire ol in for special teams.
they do have lineman so just add a couple more.
they also have db starters in special teams so protect those starters
dont ir uninjured players but injured ones who need 3-4 weeks with a hamstring or something like that
for good measure, bring back one ir guy back and play him

and no one can blame us for trading a player with ending contract for picks if possible.
we can consider seriously trading dlaw for 2 1st round picks.
lots of stuff that legally can be done with no outcry
OK, then they better keep all of the players in on it on the team because one thing the NFL has plenty of "reliable sources". And throwing dirt on the Cowboys like that would be like exposing the Kennedy's and Marilyn Monroe.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They didn’t tank. They were just awful.

Why were they awful? Because they tanked. It was a calculated move. They just didn't become bad organically. It was all in their plan. And it worked for them.

It worked out for us in 2015 when we got the guy we wanted in 2016 draft.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The giants will get their qb this draft..we're screwed with a 7-9 record.

Probably draft a tight end and at some point someone from boise state.

The QB class for this year is terrible. That Oregon QB will be at the top of the class. If he is the best there is, that says a lot. He's not that great. The draft after this one coming up is the one to make your move for QB.

waldoputty

Reaction score
OK, then they better keep all of the players in on it on the team because one thing the NFL has plenty of "reliable sources". And throwing dirt on the Cowboys like that would be like exposing the Kennedy's and Marilyn Monroe.

no, never put the players on it.
that IS asking for it.
one safe way is for jj to become hc and then the uproar would be so huge that it would mask any decisions :lmao:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Sad state of affairs after loving this team for 40+ years but we need a qb. Cannot remember more desperate times. Someone needs to take a poll

I guess you don't remember all the junk between Aikman and Romo? Those were much more desperate times. We tried everything and hoped something would stick. If you want a good laugh, go and see all the QBs who started for us in that timeframe.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Why were they awful? Because they tanked. It was a calculated move. They just didn't become bad organically. It was all in their plan. And it worked for them.

they lost their qb in 2015 and had no replacements.
we never seem to have a decent backup qb
u can say that is preplanned tanking but not a good plan if u only lose the qb for 1-2 games

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

If you want to quit go ahead. I’m not stopping you. You can’t stop yourself anyway because once you quit once, as you obviously have somewhere in your life, you will always quit. It’s the easy way out.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tanking is not the answer when a team has no concept of talent, skills, coaching, game planning, and adjustments. If Dak wants to make this offense work, he must take on the mindset of Brady and Rogers.

If a play is called that you do not like, change it and run something different. Take command of the field. Let the sideline generals yell and scream.

Dallas can get the number one pick and misuse him just like the rest of their personnel. Mahommes would be Cooper Rush on this team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They didn’t tank. They were just awful.

They had a fire sale and literally dumped all their talent...............that is what you call an organizational tank.

No, they didn't intentionally lose games, but they ditched their best players and just played scrubs in order to assure they would lose most of their games and then start fresh with a clean slate and rebuild it.

So, yes, they were awful but the reason they were awful is because they got rid of their best players so they could clear the books and start over. They didn't care if they sucked for a couple of seasons, they knew they could build a championship roster from the ground up by starting over. And that is exactly how it worked out for them.

What the Astros did is probably the closet thing to an intentional tank as you will see in pro sports.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They had a fire sale and literally dumped all their talent...............that is what you call an organizational tank.

No, they didn't intentionally lose games, but they ditched their best players and just played scrubs in order to assure they would lose most of their games and then start fresh with a clean slate and rebuild it.

So, yes, they were awful but the reason they were awful is because they got rid of their best players so they could clear the books and start over. They didn't care if they sucked for a couple of seasons, they knew they could build a championship roster from the ground up by starting over. And that is exactly how it worked out for them.

What the Astros did is probably the closet thing to an intentional tank as you will see in pro sports.
This is hilarious how the losers are trying to justify themselves being quitters.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You're blind. I've been an Astros fan since I was a kid and they tanked like nobody's business. It payed off in the end though.

This Cowboys need an enema.

Tank, get a real QB, WR and Head Coach.

dear jerry

take this noble enema now
it is good for u so grin and bear it :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is hilarious how the losers are trying to justify themselves being quitters.

I'm just trying to educate you since you apparently have no clue as to what the Astros did.

And for the record, I didn't quit last night...........Garrett did.

iamliko22

Reaction score
i dont think i have ever seen this level of agreement to tank (or let garrett screw up) the rest of the season.

i think most of us, including moi, r finally in agreement that dak is not the answer and need the high draft pick for the qb...
It's been overdue, but it's pretty damn clear now this team will not win as long as Garrett is here.. 2016 was a major fluke.