Teams with the worst QB situation in the NFL

HungryLion

Reaction score
This article is literally saying he’s one of the worst qbs in the league lol. I’ve never heard anyone put Watson in their top 10…not recently anyway.

He literally has been man. His passer rating was 79 2 seasons ago and 84 last year.

That’s Daniel jones territory FWIW

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Gardner Minshew may be our QB in 2025. Brace yourselves for that. The fans will be flocking to Oxnard next summer for training camp to watch a QB battle between Minshew, Cooper Rush, Trey Lance and a draft pick we had to reach for with our first pick. Lol :flagwave:
He’s significantly more accomplished than either Rush or Lance. It won’t be much of a battle.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He literally has been man. His passer rating was 79 2 seasons ago and 84 last year.

That’s Daniel jones territory FWIW
I’m not disagreeing with you lol. I think you’re preaching to the choir I don’t think anyone in 2024 still thinks Watson is a good QB. Browns just have no choice but to trout him out due to salary.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Right, and he wasn’t that good. He was 3-6 and completed less than 59% of his passes. His passer rating was 84.2. The Titans QB situation was an issue. The jury is still out on Levis. He has potential, but has a long way to go.
That means they have a better QB situation. At least they have hope. Everyone but the pom pom wavers knows what we will get from Dak come playoff time. I'd much rather be in Tennessee's situation at least they are trying.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
In other words, these could be potential teams for Dak to consider if there is no extension

I'll read that another way. Out of that list, the only team with a true problem is the Raiders. Everyone else either has a vet QB who maybe had a down year or a highly rated prospect they like.

Positional scarcity at QB isn't what it used to be.

IMO, if you put some of those QB's on that list on Dallas last year, they would have looked pretty good. Seriously. Russell Wilson is second on that list. How would he have fared as Cowboys starter last year? So much of QB play is really just the result of the players around him. That's both a defense of Dak and a reason not to give him the farm.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That means they have a better QB situation. At least they have hope. Everyone but the pom pom wavers knows what we will get from Dak come playoff time. I'd much rather be in Tennessee's situation at least they are trying.
How do you have a better QB situation when your QB goes 3-6 and you end up 6-11? Tennessee is putting their hopes on a second round QB who struggled as a rookie. Saying they have hope would be like saying Carolina has hope with Bryce Young who struggled. Everyone knows that we’ll get consistent QB play from Dak and he’ll give us a chance to make the playoffs again. You’re just blowing hot air if you’re saying you would rather be in Tennessee’s situation. Lol They have a couple of castoff WR’s and they replaced Derrick Henry with Tony Pollard. If they were trying, they would’ve never gotten rid of AJ Brown.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s significantly more accomplished than either Rush or Lance. It won’t be much of a battle.
If Lance doesn’t come around by next year and give Minshew or whoever he’s competing against a battle, he’ll be a complete waste of time. I don’t care how accomplished Gardner Minshew is, no one‘s going to win anything with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I saw an article this past week saying Dak would be the biggest FA since Reggie White. Dak will get paid just a question of where.
I think Deion was an even bigger free agent than Reggie White. Deion was coming off defensive player of the year and many credited him with San Francisco overtaking the Cowboys and winning the Super Bowl in 94.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Crazy to think how at one time Watson was considered standard....
Even before all his off the field problems he was 4-12 in his last season with Houston. He was putting up numbers, but he wasn’t winning. It was just unbelievable to me that Cleveland would give up three first round picks for him, especially coming off all the problems he had and the amount of time he was away from football. He still had a serve a suspension after Cleveland made the trade. This is what happens when an organization gets extremely desperate for a QB. That’s why I don’t want to be left without one. Fans here keep saying we need to take our chances. Taking your chances when you have a solid QB situation could put you in a QB bind for years to come.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Even before all his off the field problems he was 4-12 in his last season with Houston. He was putting up numbers, but he wasn’t winning. It was just unbelievable to me that Cleveland would give up three first round picks for him, especially coming off all the problems he had and the amount of time he was away from football. He still had a serve a suspension after Cleveland made the trade. This is what happens when an organization gets extremely desperate for a QB. That’s why I don’t want to be left without one.
Agree 100%, its really a gamble and if you don't have a QB you have virtually no shot.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Dak becomes available in free agency, no team will jump on him quicker than Mark Davis and the Raiders. They won a couple of Super Bowls with a veteran Jim Plunkett who moved onto the Raiders. They reached the Super Bowl with Rich Gannon who moved on to the Raiders. They’re one of the very few teams that have had success with veteran QBs that have moved on. Not sure any team will offer more money for Dak than the Raiders.
Fitting irony….Jerry’s idols kid steals his QB.

I don’t know though….if Jerry was all enamored with Johnny Football, how would he not feel the same about Sanders and the hype that would create?

I’m sure he has half an eye on it, which would have to stop if he secured Prescott. Seems as if he prefers to wait it out.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You’re just blowing hot air if you’re saying you would rather be in Tennessee’s situation.
+1 .....one poster said Dak would drag the Giants and Eagles down. The Giants are already in the gutter and he can't be any worse than Hurts. Don't get me wrong, he has some post-season issues to overcome and it's a tough pill to pay him more than $55M but 12 wins and a virtual guaranteed playoff is nothing to take lightly. Oddly, some fans think it easy to find another QB to not only replace his wins but take us straight to the Super Bowl.
But I will say in their defense, I think most is frustration and impatience with Jerry and 25+ years of waiting.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Ok so the browns have a winning record with him starting despite his awful play.

That just says more about the browns roster than him.

The corpse of Joe Flacco did just as well with the squad as Deshaun did.
Or it says you shouldn't just fling out things that aren't accurate?
It's 12 games after a lengthy period of time off, and with injuries. And with the Browns. It's a small sample size of mostly, but not all, bad.

It shouldn't be assumed he'll be great going forward, but he also shouldn't be dismissed as if he played 3 full seasons of poor ball.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fitting irony….Jerry’s idols kid steals his QB.

I don’t know though….if Jerry was all enamored with Johnny Football, how would he not feel the same about Sanders and the hype that would create?

I’m sure he has half an eye on it, which would have to stop if he secured Prescott. Seems as if he prefers to wait it out.
Jerry was enamored with Johnny football who went completely bust. He was also enamored with Quincy Carter, who he thought would be another Donovan McNabb. :rolleyes: Stephen will put a stop to any QB Jerry is enamored with. It’s never a good thing when Jerry is enamored with a QB.