Teams with the worst QB situation in the NFL

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If Lance doesn’t come around by next year and give Minshew or whoever he’s competing against a battle, he’ll be a complete waste of time. I don’t care how accomplished Gardner Minshew is, no one‘s going to win anything with him.
Didn't the Colts win 9 games with him last year?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
How do you have a better QB situation when your QB goes 3-6 and you end up 6-11? Tennessee is putting their hopes on a second round QB who struggled as a rookie. Saying they have hope would be like saying Carolina has hope with Bryce Young who struggled. Everyone knows that we’ll get consistent QB play from Dak and he’ll give us a chance to make the playoffs again. You’re just blowing hot air if you’re saying you would rather be in Tennessee’s situation. Lol They have a couple of castoff WR’s and they replaced Derrick Henry with Tony Pollard. If they were trying, they would’ve never gotten rid of AJ Brown.
Everyone knows Dak sucks under pressure and we will go nowhere. Those other teams have young QBs and there is at least hope. We don't have that - we know what we are stuck with and he's a playoff loser. I'd rather have hope.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Reasons can be used for excuses. Whether something is a legitimate reason or just attempts to make excuses is really up to interpretation and the viewpoint of those doing the evaluation.

The fact is, Watson has accomplished nothing on the field since 2020.

So, taking all the negatives into consideration, it still means people shouldn’t be looking at Watson as a good QB or anywhere near a good QB right now.

The man missed a season and a half due to off field behavior. He is now one similar infraction away from lifetime suspension.

Since returning he overall has played poorly. Sure he has had some good moments and games. That could be said for just about any QB even the bad ones in the league. There really is no justifying or waving away having a QB rating in the low 80’s over a 12 game stretch.

That is an awful stretch of play.

So the point remains. He hasn’t consistently played well since 2020

So IMO the author is totally justified in thinking the Browns QB situation is one of the worst in the league. They have a QB on a fully guaranteed contract who is one false move away from a lifetime suspension.

In the past 2 seasons since he came back he has an abysmal passer rating. Daniel Jones level of overall play.

If you think their QB situation is good or you think Watson is gonna turn it around. That’s fine. Feel that way. Maybe he will.

But the browns QB situation has been nothing but a mess since they signed Watson to that deal and the author is right to rate their situation so low. Again IMO. I am basing my opinion on all of the facts at hand.
Your "since 2020" is merely an attempt to be misleading and imply a long period of poor play when it's 12 games.

I have no idea how he will do. But I do acknowledge that he has shown the ability to be elite. And he's still young, so he's not physically impaired.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t believe for a second they think Trey Lance will take a big enough step for them to pass on a QB if one warrants the pick in the first round, assuming Dak leaves in free agency. They’ve had a full year to look at Lance. Knowing Jerry he’s going to want to cover himself at QB the best he can if Dak leaves. When he drafted Troy Aikman he also took Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft to cover himself. He’s not about to enter the 2025 season banking on Trey Lance to turn the corner. I think the Joneses have seen enough to know he’s not going to be the long-term answer. He’s not even good enough to be our backup QB and this is his fourth NFL season. He’s had enough reps to be a backup QB in this league if he was any good.
I've come to not try to expect the Joneses to do the obvious.