Teams with the worst QB situation in the NFL

HungryLion

Reaction score
Or it says you shouldn't just fling out things that aren't accurate?
It's 12 games after a lengthy period of time off, and with injuries. And with the Browns. It's a small sample size of mostly, but not all, bad.

It shouldn't be assumed he'll be great going forward, but he also shouldn't be dismissed as if he played 3 full seasons of poor ball.

So I made a mistake and owned up to it. Anything else you want from me Kevin? 10 hail Mary’s and 10 our fathers? Should I get down on my knees and say mea culpa over and over again? Or can we focus on the rest of the argument which matters way more. His poor play.

The rest of your post. That’s just excuses that nobody wants to hear about.

He missed one season and a half due to his off the field issues.

Since then he has come back and been injured and played like crap when he was in the games. Those are the facts. It’s literally 3 seasons in a row of barely playing and playing bad when he did play. Why should anybody think highly of him again until he actually produces on the field. The last time he played well was in 2020 for crying out loud.

Maybe this season he plays incredibly well again and this argument becomes moot. But he has done nothing of note for 3 seasons now.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I'm not rooting for Dak to do anything.
He will be who he is. He will continue to play well in games that the Cowboys dominate, and he will continue to choke when the Cowboys need him to be the reason they are better.
What I am rooting for is that Jerry will realize that a new window of opportunity is ready to open with the beginning of CeeDee Lamb's prime and that the Cowboys need a real quarterback for that window.
It's time for the Cowboys to move on from Dak. If not, at least ten more years will be wasted.
nothing but facts!!!
You do realize that moving on does not necessarily exclude you from 10 years wasted...unless you forget what happened between 1997 - 2007.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So I made a mistake and owned up to it. Anything else you want from me Kevin? 10 hail Mary’s and 10 our fathers? Should I get down on my knees and say mea culpa over and over again? Or can we focus on the rest of the argument which matters way more. His poor play.

The rest of your post. That’s just excuses that nobody wants to hear about.

He missed one season and a half due to his off the field issues.

Since then he has come back and been injured and played like crap when he was in the games. Those are the facts. It’s literally 3 seasons in a row of barely playing and playing bad when he did play. Why should anybody think highly of him again until he actually produces on the field. The last time he played well was in 2020 for crying out loud.

Maybe this season he plays incredibly well again and this argument becomes moot. But he has done nothing of note for 3 seasons now.
*sigh*
Reasons, or potential reasons are not excuses. They are things an intelligent person considers when making an evaluation.

He has played like crap...some of the time. Not all of the time. THAT is a fact. And again, it's a small sample size, half of which was immediately following the long hiatus.

Your "literally 3 seasons" in a row is just trying to be disingenuous about evaluation.

Not playing is not the same as playing poorly. He missed a ton of time for off field issues. That does not make him a bad quarterback. However, an extended period away can result in some time for adjustment when returning.
Like I said, nobody should assume anything about how he will perform. But we shouldn't be stupid and ignore realities. He was very good before all of the issues occurred. A very small sample size (that does include some good play) is not enough for a rationally thinking person to dismiss him. He has some skill. That is a fact.

The negative facts that support your position are not the only facts. A wise person will consider all of them.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dak to Vegas is the easy rumor. One that I've mentioned, along with many others who have a sense of humor.
But another team that should be mentioned in the
Dak sweepstakes is Seattle. It rains there a bunch.
That'll help to hide his tears on the way out...lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You do realize that moving on does not necessarily exclude you from 10 years wasted...unless you forget what happened between 1997 - 2007.
yeah you also forgot about almost 30 years of nothing happening either way we're screwed

HungryLion

Reaction score
*sigh*
Reasons, or potential reasons are not excuses. They are things an intelligent person considers when making an evaluation.

He has played like crap...some of the time. Not all of the time. THAT is a fact. And again, it's a small sample size, half of which was immediately following the long hiatus.

Your "literally 3 seasons" in a row is just trying to be disingenuous about evaluation.

Not playing is not the same as playing poorly. He missed a ton of time for off field issues. That does not make him a bad quarterback. However, an extended period away can result in some time for adjustment when returning.
Like I said, nobody should assume anything about how he will perform. But we shouldn't be stupid and ignore realities. He was very good before all of the issues occurred. A very small sample size (that does include some good play) is not enough for a rationally thinking person to dismiss him. He has some skill. That is a fact.

The negative facts that support your position are not the only facts. A wise person will consider all of them.

Reasons can be used for excuses. Whether something is a legitimate reason or just attempts to make excuses is really up to interpretation and the viewpoint of those doing the evaluation.

The fact is, Watson has accomplished nothing on the field since 2020.

So, taking all the negatives into consideration, it still means people shouldn’t be looking at Watson as a good QB or anywhere near a good QB right now.

The man missed a season and a half due to off field behavior. He is now one similar infraction away from lifetime suspension.

Since returning he overall has played poorly. Sure he has had some good moments and games. That could be said for just about any QB even the bad ones in the league. There really is no justifying or waving away having a QB rating in the low 80’s over a 12 game stretch.

That is an awful stretch of play.

So the point remains. He hasn’t consistently played well since 2020

So IMO the author is totally justified in thinking the Browns QB situation is one of the worst in the league. They have a QB on a fully guaranteed contract who is one false move away from a lifetime suspension.

In the past 2 seasons since he came back he has an abysmal passer rating. Daniel Jones level of overall play.

If you think their QB situation is good or you think Watson is gonna turn it around. That’s fine. Feel that way. Maybe he will.

But the browns QB situation has been nothing but a mess since they signed Watson to that deal and the author is right to rate their situation so low. Again IMO. I am basing my opinion on all of the facts at hand.

Last edited:

leeblair

Reaction score
At least the Cowboys will be trying to improve.
This perennial mediocrity has to stop. Better to try and fail than to continue in a wrong direction.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Gardner Minshew may be our QB in 2025. Brace yourselves for that. The fans will be flocking to Oxnard next summer for training camp to watch a QB battle between Minshew, Cooper Rush, Trey Lance and a draft pick we had to reach for with our first pick. Lol :flagwave:
Close, but I'd watch for the Joneses not to spend the first pick on a QB because they believe Lance is going to take that next step. We'll add a QB by the seventh round, though, just in case.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
True but they are still not sold on him. It is the same as the Panthers with Young, whose owner is desperate and impatient. After the Raiders, I think he would be the quickest to pay Dak exactly what is asking.
The Titans should give Levis at least three seasons to prove himself, especially with a brand new coaching staff coming in.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Close, but I'd watch for the Joneses not to spend the first pick on a QB because they believe Lance is going to take that next step. We'll add a QB by the seventh round, though, just in case.
I don’t believe for a second they think Trey Lance will take a big enough step for them to pass on a QB if one warrants the pick in the first round, assuming Dak leaves in free agency. They’ve had a full year to look at Lance. Knowing Jerry he’s going to want to cover himself at QB the best he can if Dak leaves. When he drafted Troy Aikman he also took Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft to cover himself. He’s not about to enter the 2025 season banking on Trey Lance to turn the corner. I think the Joneses have seen enough to know he’s not going to be the long-term answer. He’s not even good enough to be our backup QB and this is his fourth NFL season. He’s had enough reps to be a backup QB in this league if he was any good.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
At least the Cowboys will be trying to improve.
This perennial mediocrity has to stop. Better to try and fail than to continue in a wrong direction.
You put a lot of faith in "the best damn GM for the Cowboys" per JJ

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have no idea where you come up with some of this stuff.
I’m not saying he will be our QB next year, I’m just throwing out a name of a veteran possibility in the event Dak walks in agency. Minshew has been bouncing around the league like a rubber ball. No one believes for a second that he’ll be the long-term answer for the Raiders. The Raiders are his fourth team and this will be his sixth season. It’s very likely going to be a one and done for him in Vegas. If Dak walks at the end of this season, he’ll be one of the options we’ll be looking at to try and keep us afloat until we hit on a draft pick. Jerry got so desperate in the early 2000s he had to bring an old man Vinny. He also brought in Ryan Leaf. If Dak walks brace yourself for a veteran castoff or two being our starters in 2025.