Terrell Owens out for the year!

1fisher

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Man you guys are something else. I don't think you can INTEND to injure someone by dragging them down from the back. That's just dumb. And BTW, Isn't that whole Karma thing a real bear? Maybe you guys shouldn't cheer injuries anymore or talk trash to a player about his dead kid, or maybe even disgrace another teams logo on their home field. Then maybe just maybe you might win something. Intil then, too bad ya bunch of losers. :iggles:

Bingo Cajun!
Excuses, Excuses Excuses, Excuses,.....................
:iggles: :iggles: :iggles: :iggles: :iggles: :iggles:

1fisher

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Williams didn't intend to injure him...but there is something wrong with that tackle. Third guy this season he took out the same way. Calico and Smith are the other two. You'd think he would put himself in better position...

Put himself in a better position???????? Have you ever played defense? If not try it sometimes..........occassionally you get "out of position and have to tackle some one from behind. Feel lucky he didn't get a clean hit on him! The outcome might have been worse........... :iggles: :iggles: :iggles: :iggles:

I love this :iggles: :iggles:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Timbo2st said:
I hope Roy Williams dies.. I'm not f'ing joking either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

YOu are one pathetic person. I think there is a banning on the horizon for you.

Reaction score
Owens may miss playoffs with ankle sprain

NFL.com wire reports

PHILADELPHIA (Dec. 20, 2004) -- Philadelphia Eagles star receiver Terrell Owens will miss the rest of the regular season and possibly the playoffs and Super Bowl with torn ligaments in his right ankle.

Owens needs surgery and stands only an outside chance of being able to play in the Super Bowl on Feb. 6 if the Eagles make it that far, head trainer Rick Burkholder said.

Owens was hurt on the second play of the third quarter of Philadelphia's win over Dallas on Dec. 19 when he was dragged down from behind by Roy Williams on a 20-yard reception. Owens immediately grabbed the back of his leg, which was bent backward, but left the field on his own power.

"He's a great player, but can the offense go on? Absolutely," coach Andy Reid said. "We have some pretty good players on this offensive unit, so it'll still function and do very well this week."

Owens, who has 77 catches for 1,120 yards and a team-record 14 touchdowns, hobbled on the sideline, then needed help to make it into the locker room.

Owens has missed just seven games in his nine-year career. Acquired in an offseason trade, he has been a major catalyst in the Eagles' 13-1 record, providing a spark to an offense that often stagnated late in the season -- even though Philadelphia made the NFC Championship Game the last three years without him.

The win over Dallas gave Philadelphia home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Eagles play next Monday night at St. Louis and finish the season on Jan. 2 at home against Cincinnati. Philadelphia will open the playoffs Jan. 15 or 16.

AJM1613

Reaction score
1fisher said:
Put himself in a better position???????? Have you ever played defense? If not try it sometimes..........occassionally you get "out of position and have to tackle some one from behind. Feel lucky he didn't get a clean hit on him!

I'm not blaming him, but the whole reason why he tackled him from the back was because TO got by him. Three guys in one season doing the exact same thing...He must be doing something wrong...

Quicksilver

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm not blaming him, but the whole reason why he tackled him from the back was because TO got by him. Three guys in one season doing the exact same thing...He must be doing something wrong...

youre right, he should have just let him run for the touchdown.

What was Roy thinking?

1fisher

Reaction score
Timbo2st said:
I hope Roy Williams dies.. I'm not f'ing joking either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He will eventually........We all will. :D :iggles: :iggles:

Dye

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:
I am not happy about it, obviously. Maybe in a MIRACLE case TO can play in the Super Bowl. I know Roy Williams totally intended to injure him, though it was legal. I have questions whether collaring a guy by the neck should be legal....

Anyhow, the Eagles have Mcnabb injured two years ago, Westbrook last year, and now Terrell Owens. Is any team more snakebitten in the NFL?

Eagles MAYBE can get through the NFC, but then they get walloped. But I think they don't get there to the SBowl.

sorry to hear about your number one receiver out. but you know, every team has injuries - some impact more than others. t.o. was a big part of your offense but so was glenn on ours and jj in the first half of the season. to blame someone who would intentionally try to hurt one of your star performers is another excuse for your team not winning it all again.

as the saying goes, "you want sympathy, look in the dictionary...it's between **** and syphilis!"

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He's upset. Don't ban him.

When you openly wish for someone to die becasue of a football game you don't deserve to be on a message board, especially when you are on THAT teams board. Get real.

vpr532

Reaction score
It's the curse of Dick Stockton and Moose Johnston, just ask Musa Smith and he'll tell you.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Williams didn't intend to injure him...but there is something wrong with that tackle. Third guy this season he took out the same way. Calico and Smith are the other two. You'd think he would put himself in better position...

AJM with all due repect, RW shouldnt have made the tackle? He had to grab what he could and its within the rules. He doesnt make that tackle he would face Parcells on the sidlines. I'm sorry but I can not feel sorry for TO.

1fisher

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

It's TACKLE football. Intentionally cutting a players is one thing but dragging them down from behind is another. I have tackled and have been tackled the same way in my short high school career. I suffered a torn MCL and ACL in the process but I hold no grudges against the guy that hit me. It happens and I'm sure it was not intentional otherwise Roy could have grabbed both legs and twisted him up.

:iggles: :iggles:

Grevus

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
AJM with all due repect, RW shouldnt have made the tackle? He had to grab what he could and its within the rules. He doesnt make that tackle he would face Parcells on the sidlines. I'm sorry but I can not feel sorry for TO.

Your right! RW has to make the tackle. There is no way that RW tried to hurt Owens. The tackle was clean. If Owens didn't get hurt, no one would remember the play.

AJM1613

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
When you openly wish for someone to die becasue of a football game you don't deserve to be on a message board, especially when you are on THAT teams board. Get real.

I have heard plenty people say in the past couple of days that they wouldn't care if TO died (I think) and no one baned anyone.

Still...it's probably a kid...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boy's fan in Giant land said:
Owens may miss playoffs with ankle sprain

NFL.com wire reports

PHILADELPHIA (Dec. 20, 2004) -- Philadelphia Eagles star receiver Terrell Owens will miss the rest of the regular season and possibly the playoffs and Super Bowl with torn ligaments in his right ankle.

Owens needs surgery and stands only an outside chance of being able to play in the Super Bowl on Feb. 6 if the Eagles make it that far, head trainer Rick Burkholder said.

Owens was hurt on the second play of the third quarter of Philadelphia's win over Dallas on Dec. 19 when he was dragged down from behind by Roy Williams on a 20-yard reception. Owens immediately grabbed the back of his leg, which was bent backward, but left the field on his own power.

"He's a great player, but can the offense go on? Absolutely," coach Andy Reid said. "We have some pretty good players on this offensive unit, so it'll still function and do very well this week."

Owens, who has 77 catches for 1,120 yards and a team-record 14 touchdowns, hobbled on the sideline, then needed help to make it into the locker room.

Owens has missed just seven games in his nine-year career. Acquired in an offseason trade, he has been a major catalyst in the Eagles' 13-1 record, providing a spark to an offense that often stagnated late in the season -- even though Philadelphia made the NFC Championship Game the last three years without him.

The win over Dallas gave Philadelphia home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Eagles play next Monday night at St. Louis and finish the season on Jan. 2 at home against Cincinnati. Philadelphia will open the playoffs Jan. 15 or 16.

Yeah ok. Hey fat andy the blueprint has been laid on how to beat you. same as last season. Hit the Wrs hard and often and they will refuse to catch a pass. The Eagles will lose yet another NFC title

AJM1613

Reaction score
1fisher said:
It's TACKLE football. Intentionally cutting a players is one thing but dragging them down from behind is another. I have tackled and have been tackled the same way in my short high school career. I suffered a torn MCL and ACL in the process but I hold no grudges against the guy that hit me. It happens and I'm sure it was not intentional otherwise Roy could have grabbed both legs and twisted him up.

There was nothing wrong with the hit, it was legal and I don't blame him...but he did hurt three people in one season doing the exact same thing, Musa Smith's career may be over. Just don't let them get by you I guess.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
I really feel sick to my stomach.......................

I'll always be a fan of the eagles,phillies,sixers,flyers........... but The City of Philadelphia is CURSED!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

mcnabbmcnow

Reaction score
Dye said:
sorry to hear about your number one receiver out. but you know, every team has injuries - some impact more than others. t.o. was a big part of your offense but so was glenn on ours and jj in the first half of the season. to blame someone who would intentionally try to hurt one of your star performers is another excuse for your team not winning it all again.

as the saying goes, "you want sympathy, look in the dictionary...it's between **** and syphilis!"

Comparing Glenn to Owens is not even a close comparison. Owens is 5 times better. We already lost our top offensive lineman from the draft, Shawn Andrews, our backup RB, Correll Buckhalter, our starting fullback, John Ritchie, one of starting DE's, N.D. Kalu, we lost another RB Perry in preseason, our best special teams player in Jason Short.....The bottom line is Glenn isn't even close and neither is Galloway to Owens.