Terrell Owens out for the year!

TheHustler

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:
I am not happy about it, obviously. Maybe in a MIRACLE case TO can play in the Super Bowl. I know Roy Williams totally intended to injure him, though it was legal. I have questions whether collaring a guy by the neck should be legal....

That's ridiculous. Roy and TO are friends. He didn't tackle him by the neck either, grabbed him by the back of his pads.

zack

Reaction score
What ever! The guy had it coming sooner or later. Someone was going to take his head off. Maybe he will stop running his mouth. At least it was a legal tackle. I never wish for anyone to get injured though. It's too bad that Philly won't make it to the Super Bowl this year. Yeah right!

Matt

Reaction score
Hey, put it this way, now Andy Reid doesnt have to wear the tights!

TheHustler

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
There was nothing wrong with the hit, it was legal and I don't blame him...but he did hurt three people in one season doing the exact same thing, Musa Smith's career may be over. Just don't let them get by you I guess.

It definitely causes the one being tackled to fall awkwardly, but he's gotta make the tackle everytime.

1fisher

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:
Comparing Glenn to Owens is not even a close comparison. Owens is 5 times better. We already lost our top offensive lineman from the draft, Shawn Andrews, our backup RB, Correll Buckhalter, our starting fullback, John Ritchie, one of starting DE's, N.D. Kalu, we lost another RB Perry in preseason, our best special teams player in Jason Short.....The bottom line is Glenn isn't even close and neither is Galloway to Owens.

I don't think he was comparing the two. I believe he was just making a point that injuries happen.

:iggles:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I have heard plenty people say in the past couple of days that they wouldn't care if TO died (I think) and no one baned anyone.

Still...it's probably a kid...

COuld you post a link to those posts? I haven't read all of the posts obviously but I don't remember anyone saying they hoped he died. And a kid or not, there is no room for that. Ya'll are complaing that people are getting their jollies over TO being done and here you are defending a guy who openly hopes for someone's death? Makes no sense.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:
Comparing Glenn to Owens is not even a close comparison. Owens is 5 times better. We already lost our top offensive lineman from the draft, Shawn Andrews, our backup RB, Correll Buckhalter, our starting fullback, John Ritchie, one of starting DE's, N.D. Kalu, we lost another RB Perry in preseason, our best special teams player in Jason Short.....The bottom line is Glenn isn't even close and neither is Galloway to Owens.

the point isn't who's better.. it's how much a particular player may be important to THEIR TEAM...

If you guys have the character of a New England.. you'll be fine :D

TheHustler

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:

It's not as far off as you think. Any GM will tell you Glenn is one of the most talented WRs in the league. He's faster than Owens and has better hands (even an Eagles fan can't argue that). That said, Owens is a better WR, but not 5x better.

shnagy

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I have heard plenty people say in the past couple of days that they wouldn't care if TO died (I think) and no one baned anyone.

Still...it's probably a kid...
Well, you really can't get away with saying that on a Cowboy's board. I doubt if someone said that about TO, however i wouldn't doubt someone said they wished he would get hurt. Anyway, wishing death on someone for playing football is rediculously stupid. :iggles:

AJM1613

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
It's not as far off as you think. Any GM will tell you Glenn is one of the most talented WRs in the league. He's faster than Owens and has better hands (even an Eagles fan can't argue that). That said, Owens is a better WR, but not 5x better.

As I said in another thread...David Boston is probably the most talented receiver in the NFL (because of steroids).

Marvin Harrision is probably one of the least talented receivers in the NFL, Jerry Rice isn't exactly a big ol' bag of talent.

Talent is overrated.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Didn't Jamal Lewis injure his ankle in the Baltimore game on a similar tackle?

Injuries happen. They suck because they always leave a team asking "What if?".

Roy did his job. There is no time to question, how should I tackle this guy. There is just do what you can to stop him. That is football. There are guys that get tackled like that and nothing happens and then there is Musa Smith where a matter of inches caused a compound fracture.

I know it could have been even worse for T.O. if they still played on that crappy field in the Vet.

I wonder how Reid will approach the last two games. They have home field clinched, so how much playing time do the starters get?

jimmy40

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Williams didn't intend to injure him...but there is something wrong with that tackle. Third guy this season he took out the same way. Calico and Smith are the other two. You'd think he would put himself in better position...
He would if he could.

Dye

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:

the point to my post is all teams go through injuries. terry glenn and jj were an integral piece of our offense, much like your offense relying heavily on t.o. terry glenn may not be as good as t.o. but his loss made a significant impact on the effectiveness of our offense. obviously, t.o. makes a huge difference in yours, still the same, injuries are part of the nfl.

if the eagles are as good as they're made out to be, then the loss of t.o. should not hinder your teams ability to win it all.

TheHustler

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
As I said in another thread...David Boston is probably the most talented receiver in the NFL (because of steroids).

Marvin Harrision is probably one of the least talented receivers in the NFL, Jerry Rice isn't exactly a big ol' bag of talent.

Talent is overrated.

True. But "better" is completely subjective. The point could be made the T.O. is one of the worst WRs in the league because of his selfishness, me-first attitude, on-field antics, and constant insults against former coaches and teammates. Is he a good WR? Sure. Is he a good football player? Nope. Good for the NFL? Not a chance.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Heres a question. If TO remained in the game and caught the wining TD would he have acted like he had been there before, or would he have acted like he usually does? I'm sure he would have rubbed his greatness in some ones face. TO doesnt act like a pro and people wonder why he gets no sympathy.

The look on Mcnuggets face was priceless. :iggles:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:
I am not happy about it, obviously. Maybe in a MIRACLE case TO can play in the Super Bowl. I know Roy Williams totally intended to injure him, though it was legal. I have questions whether collaring a guy by the neck should be legal....

Anyhow, the Eagles have Mcnabb injured two years ago, Westbrook last year, and now Terrell Owens. Is any team more snakebitten in the NFL?

Eagles MAYBE can get through the NFC, but then they get walloped. But I think they don't get there to the SBowl.

That's what happens when you dance on the star.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Before I move this to SmackTalk...because that's what it has become...I have one simple question...

How does anyone know what Roy Williams intended or didn't intend to do?

Give it up kids...no one can say for sure, one way or the other

crazylegs

Benched
Reaction score
Jesus, at this rate Mike Irvins neck will be healed in time for a draft day trade. :eek:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
Before I move this to SmackTalk...because that's what it has become...I have one simple question...

How does anyone know what Roy Williams intended or didn't intend to do?

Give it up kids...no one can say for sure, one way or the other

Well I was going to move it....but since you called it I will let you.

And I am still wondering what you seem to be wondering.....why do people think he intended to do it.

IF truth be told the only reason he tackled him from behind (on the pads not bull dogging him around the neck) was because T.O. had better position on him and roy was making a play to try and stop T.O.

If roy had position he would have just knocked him with one of his tackles but that was not the case.

T.O.s foot got caught under him and it was in no way IMO Roy trying to hurt T.O.....just make a tackle.