Terrell Owens out for the year!

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Before I move this to SmackTalk...because that's what it has become...I have one simple question...

How does anyone know what Roy Williams intended or didn't intend to do?

Give it up kids...no one can say for sure, one way or the other

The real question is: Have we learned today's lesson about dancing on the star at the Dallas Cowboy stadium?

Boys and girls?

Terrell?

Someone must not have waken Terrell up during that lesson.

Let me just refresh his memory on what that lesson was about. . .

DO NOT DANCE ON THE STAR!!!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well I was going to move it....but since you called it I will let you.

And I am still wondering what you seem to be wondering.....why do people think he intended to do it.

IF truth be told the only reason he tackled him from behind (on the pads not bull dogging him around the neck) was because T.O. had better position on him and roy was making a play to try and stop T.O.

If roy had position he would have just knocked him with one of his tackles but that was not the case.

T.O.s foot got caught under him and it was in no way IMO Roy trying to hurt T.O.....just make a tackle.

I moved a bunch of these threads to this forum...kinda ridiculous reading about people gloating over injuries...

Even the players don't do that....and THEY are the ones on the field...

But fans, sitting on their butts, watching a game eating a bag of Cheeze Doodles gloat over an injury. Oooh, I'm impressed.

Go figure.

:rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow said:
I am not happy about it, obviously. Maybe in a MIRACLE case TO can play in the Super Bowl. I know Roy Williams totally intended to injure him, though it was legal. I have questions whether collaring a guy by the neck should be legal....

Anyhow, the Eagles have Mcnabb injured two years ago, Westbrook last year, and now Terrell Owens. Is any team more snakebitten in the NFL?

Eagles MAYBE can get through the NFC, but then they get walloped. But I think they don't get there to the SBowl.

I don't think Roy was trying to hurt him, Roy was trying to not allow TO to run away from him and grabbed his collar and no I do not think it should be illegal to tackle a guy by the collar.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I moved a bunch of these threads to this forum...kinda ridiculous reading about people gloating over injuries...

Even the players don't do that....and THEY are the ones on the field...

:rolleyes:

Hey Juke, Remember the Bounty Bowl?
You think them EGirl players would be gloating with their bonus checks? There is no doubt.
There is the rest of the league, and then there is the Egirls.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Champsheart said:
You think them EGirl players would be gloating with their bonus checks? There is no doubt.

Two wrongs don't make a right...and for all the times the cowboys fans have ripped on the eagles fans for being classless...then turning around and laugh at an injury...is just sad IMO.
The word Hypocrites come to mind.

Champsheart

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Two wrongs don't make a right...and for all the times the cowboys fans have ripped on the eagles fans for being classless...then turning around and laugh at an injury...is just sad IMO.
The word Hypocrites come to mind.

I did not say 2 wrongs make a right.
Juke stated players don't gloat over it, and I can remember different.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Champsheart said:

The Bounty Bowl...some of these Eagles players were in diapers when that happened...what has that got to do with today?

Hey..tell ya what...

I'll respect anyone here who steps out from behind their monitor and talks this tough in front of one of the Eagle players...

Champsheart

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
The Bounty Bowl...some of these Eagles players were in diapers when that happened...what has that got to do with today?

Hey..tell ya what...

I'll respect anyone here who steps out from behind their monitor and talks this tough in front of one of the Eagle players...

Juke, come on man. You made a statement. I just gave you the other side, which is true. There are other examples as well. I watched a special not to long ago about players admitting they put their own pots together, and if they knock a player out of the game they win the pot.
Some do in fact gloat.

In regards to talking tough, I have not done that, so I guess you must have been talking about someone else.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Hey..tell ya what...

I almost went to the game yesterday, but didn't.

My friend who's an Eagles fan, knows Dhani Jones and was going to get tickets for us to sit with his family during the game.

At the last second, my friend had to bail out so we didn't make it up.

Turns out if we had gone, we have ended up staying with the Jones family at his house after the game!

And to answer your question.... I wouldn't have made a peep. :D

To be fair, I'm not "talking tough." I'm simply admitting my honest feeling that I have a hard time feeling sympathy for TO. I feel bad about it, but it's my honest emotion on the matter.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Juke, come on man. You made a statement. I just gave you the other side, which is true. There are other examples as well. I watched a special not to long ago about players admitting they put their own pots together, and if they knock a player out of the game they win the pot.
Some do in fact gloat.

In regards to talking tough, I have not done that, so I guess you must have been talking about someone else.

In my opinion, you cite the exception to the rule...not the rule...I also think you might be citing ancient history...AND it's one thing to knock a player out of the game...another to seriously injure a guy...

No sense in continuing the discussion....you aren't going to convince me otherwise...I dunno, when I see 40 players, from both teams, gathered, hand in hand at the center of the field in prayer at the end of a game, you aren't going to convince me that those same guys gloat over serious injuries...

With regard to the "tough talk" comment...no, I wasn't writing it about you...I should have made that more clear. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Danny White said:
I almost went to the game yesterday, but didn't.

My friend who's an Eagles fan, knows Dhani Jones and was going to get tickets for us to sit with his family during the game.

At the last second, my friend had to bail out so we didn't make it up.

Turns out if we had gone, we have ended up staying with the Jones family at his house after the game!

And to answer your question.... I wouldn't have made a peep. :D

To be fair, I'm not "talking tough." I'm simply admitting my honest feeling that I have a hard time feeling sympathy for TO. I feel bad about it, but it's my honest emotion on the matter.

Great post...

There should be more like it...

It's impossible to be a Cowboy fan and not despise Owens...I don't care much one way or the other...but I am not going to come here and post how happy I am that his season is over...

We saw that with the Eagle fans and Irvin...

I could live without being identified in the same light...

Thanks again for your post...refreshing and honest...well done.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
In my opinion, you cite the exception to the rule...not the rule...I also think you might be citing ancient history...AND it's one thing to knock a player out of the game...another to seriously injure a guy...

No sense in continuing the discussion....you aren't going to convince me otherwise...I dunno, when I see 40 players, from both teams, gathered, hand in hand at the center of the field in prayer at the end of a game, you aren't going to convince me that those same guys gloat over serious injuries...

With regard to the "tough talk" comment...no, I wasn't writing it about you...I should have made that more clear. :)

I think you are right, I do think it is the exception, and not the rule. Which is definetly a good thing.

I also think this T.O. situation is the same thing, the exception, not the rule. At least it is for me, and I would assume a lot of others.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
I think you are right, I do think it is the exception, and not the rule. Which is definetly a good thing.

I also think this T.O. situation is the same thing, the exception, not the rule. At least it is for me, and I would assume a lot of others.

Tell ya what...if Roy launched himself at TO and knocked him on his butt, and knocked him out of the game, that would be a different story...

It wasn't even a hit...so I'm not sure what all the excitement is about.

I hear ya though...

Champsheart

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Tell ya what...if Roy launched himself at TO and knocked him on his butt, and knocked him out of the game, that would be a different story...

It wasn't even a hit...so I'm not sure what all the excitement is about.

I hear ya though...

Yeah, I do not understand some of what is going on either. I definetly gave my opinion of the situation, but some are definetly getting carried away.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IndianaCowboyFan said:
I have not seen the hit on TO. Does anyone have a clip they can post? I would love to see it.

Thanks

check your PMs

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I have a question: If you were an NFL reciever, what would you rather accomplish?

a)winning a Super Bowl

b)infect your team with cancer

c)earn the reputation as the jackass who has no repect and dances on team logos

d)sell jersey's to white trash Philidelphians.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
I just saw the clip, thanks BrAinPaiNt, and I have to ask what the big deal is. People tackle like that all the time. How else would you tackle a guy from the rear? It was just an akward landing that caused the injury.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Williams didn't intend to injure him...but there is something wrong with that tackle. ...

This is BS!!!

There is nothing wrong with the way he tackled any of those guys. When a guy is running away from you, you grab whatever you can.....anything but the facemask.

Watch, the NFL will probably ban that type of tackle....anything to put the defensive player at yet another disadvantage.

All I have to say is....KARMA.

I didn't stay up all nigh wishing that T.O. would be out for the year, but if anyone deserves something like this, it's him. The guy is a GREAT PLAYER, but he doesn't respect the game as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong, he's not the only one......he's just the poster child.

The Curly One

Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with the tackle. When you tackle someone like that they usually just end up on their butt. TO go his foot stuck and it just twisted it. No big deal, sorry the guy got hurt but it was not a vicious hit, it was not a cheap shot and it is just a freak thing he got hurt.
Now on the highlights last night I did see a truly vicious hit, I do not know who it was or what team but this guy reared back and hit the guy running the ball in the head, it took his helmet off, his feet out from under him and stuck his head in the dirt. Now That was an evil hit that will probably be looked at by the league.
Roy Williams just pulled TO down from behind, that was one of Williams easy tackles. He did not even hit him he just pulled him down from behind. I never want to see anyone hurt although I do think sometimes what comes around goes around. Injuries are a part of the game and football is tough.
Now I think it would be different if lets say someone of really low class and of no morals was trying to hurt someone intentionally,or maybe put a bounty to hurt a player. Now that would be intentionally hurting someone and totally uncalled for. I know that nobody is a low enough Scum of the earth to do that but that is obviously not the case here. It was just a simple freak accident, he could have had the very same injury cutting to the outside.
Another good thing is it is not a career ending injury he will be back soon. Curly