Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Yu doesn't make it easy on himself, but he does have a knack of getting out of tough spots it seems like. It also helps when you strike out 2 guys on 6 pitches. :D

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
After a shaky start...he's settled in nicely. Very impressive game so far

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Wanna be excited for just how good this guy can be?

He hit 97 MPH and 68 MPH in the same outing. That's freaking incredible. Plus, every single pitch he throws just has amazing movement.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4523294 said:

He hit 97 MPH and 68 MPH in the same outing. That's freaking incredible. Plus, every single pitch he throws just has amazing movement.

Only going to get better. I think it will be a very good investment.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4523294 said:

Jeter brought that up after the game. That is almost a 30mph difference. When you have to be geared up for a pitch that is close to 100mph then all the sudden you get an underhanded softball pitch, I bet that can be damn frustrating. Especially when both pitches can paint the corners. :laugh2:

I didn't turn the game on until the 4th inning, so I missed the whole bases loaded situation. He looked awesome from there on though. To get out of a bases loaded with no outs situation against the Yankee's lineup is freaking impressive. Especially since they were going through the meat of the Yankee's order at the time.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I was wondering why Harrison wasn't pitching tonight. The rainout then doubleheader against Detroit threw off the rotation.

Feldman has been pitching well, but Harrison has been lights out. I would definitely prefer to see Harrison out there tonight.

Hopefully Feldman can get some quick innings. While the entire bullpen will be available, I definitely don't want to tax them with 5+ innings if Feldman can't get at least five innings. I'm not sure how far he is stretched out right now.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4523358 said:
Only going to get better. I think it will be a very good investment.

Exactly... that's why I said a year under Maddux and this guy could be virtually unhittable... the Yanks were impressed...
Two things stood out about Darvish on Tuesday night. One is that he held the Yankees hitless in six at-bats with runners in scoring position, including the third inning, when they loaded the bases with no outs. Opponents are 2-for-20 with runners in scoring position against Darvish in his last three starts.

"I thought he just did a great job," Yankees catcher Russell Martin said. "He didn't make too many mistakes in the zone. ... He just located his pitches well. He kept us off balance and didn't really make any mistakes.

"We all ask each other, 'What was that pitch?' 'How is his ball moving?' 'What is his fastball doing?' When guys are executing pitches and not really giving you anything to drive, there's not much you can do."

Secondly, Darvish threw 82 of his 119 pitches for strikes. Derek Jeter grounded out on the first pitch of the game, and Darvish spent all night getting ahead of hitters.

"He was good," Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira said. "You hear a lot of guys get hyped; he was everything that you'd heard. I can't say enough. He pitched really well tonight.

"We had a game plan to make him throw strikes. He definitely did that. If you tried to be patient, you're down 0-1, 0-2. If you tried to be aggressive, every pitch seemed like it started around the zone and moved out of the zone."

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
trickblue;4523874 said:
Exactly... that's why I said a year under Maddux and this guy could be virtually unhittable... the Yanks were impressed...
Two things stood out about Darvish on Tuesday night. One is that he held the Yankees hitless in six at-bats with runners in scoring position, including the third inning, when they loaded the bases with no outs. Opponents are 2-for-20 with runners in scoring position against Darvish in his last three starts.

"I thought he just did a great job," Yankees catcher Russell Martin said. "He didn't make too many mistakes in the zone. ... He just located his pitches well. He kept us off balance and didn't really make any mistakes.

"We all ask each other, 'What was that pitch?' 'How is his ball moving?' 'What is his fastball doing?' When guys are executing pitches and not really giving you anything to drive, there's not much you can do."

Secondly, Darvish threw 82 of his 119 pitches for strikes. Derek Jeter grounded out on the first pitch of the game, and Darvish spent all night getting ahead of hitters.

"He was good," Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira said. "You hear a lot ofT guys get hyped; he was everything that you'd heard. I can't say enough. He pitched really well tonight.

"We had a game plan to make him throw strikes. He definitely did that. If you tried to be patient, you're down 0-1, 0-2. If you tried to be aggressive, every pitch seemed like it started around the zone and moved out of the zone."

Music to my ears TB :D

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Just looking at the box score...why did Wash bring Feliz out of the pen tonight?

MC KAos

Reaction score
i think it was supposed to be his start tonight, but they want to watch his innings, so the plan was to get feldman a spot start, and play feliz just a few innings to bring his inning and pitch count down a bit

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Another series win, 15-4 for the year....what a baseball team.

Amazing stat: The Texas Rangers are currently on pace (yeah, it's early) to have the greatest positive run differential in major league baseball history this year...by 24 runs.

MC KAos

Reaction score
crazy good! i was seriously worried after the first game! but i guess since it was pudge rodriguez night, they had to go old school and get beat by the yankees like we used to in the 90s, lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
New Ranger record:

First time the team has ever started the season winning 6 straight series.

Congrats Rangers and keep it going!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm very pleased thus far. I've been very pleased with the pitching to this point and Yu has been better than I had expected.

I'm going to the game against the Angels on May 11th so that's something I'm really looking forward to.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
DFWJC;4525666 said:
New Ranger record:

First time the team has ever started the season winning 6 straight series.

Congrats Rangers and keep it going!

This team is pretty incredible. Hopefully they get themselves a deserved ring.

I'm so excited for Darvish, he's a stud.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4525960 said:
I'm very pleased thus far. I've been very pleased with the pitching to this point and Yu has been better than I had expected.

I'm going to the game against the Angels on May 11th so that's something I'm really looking forward to.

[youtube]4enYUg1vZwo[/youtube]

Just nasty.