Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4620272 said:
He'll be fine.

Why do you say that? Because we gave him an outrageous amount of money? Or because his outrageous amounts of walks make you think so.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;4622520 said:
Why do you say that? Because we gave him an outrageous amount of money? Or because his outrageous amounts of walks make you think so.

LOL!

That is about all I have to say about that.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;4622520 said:

Back off the panic button. The guy is coming to a completely different culture, different lifestyle, different league, different baseball, yet still is 4th in strikeouts, 4th in hits given up, tied for 5th in wins, and 16th in ERA. (all stats stated with minimum 100 innings pitched)

Give the guy a chance. Most American pitchers who have pitched with the same size / type of baseball do way worse than Yu is doing right now. I'm actually very surprised at how well he actually is doing in his rookie year.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4622667 said:
Back off the panic button. The guy is coming to a completely different culture, different lifestyle, different league, different baseball, yet still is 4th in strikeouts, 4th in hits given up, tied for 5th in wins, and 16th in ERA. (all stats stated with minimum 100 innings pitched)

Give the guy a chance. Most American pitchers who have pitched with the same size / type of baseball do way worse than Yu is doing right now. I'm actually very surprised at how well he actually is doing in his rookie year.

Plus he has a top-notch pitching coach now... he's doing really well considering, but give him a year or two and he may be almost unhittable...

RamziD

Reaction score
Yu's command issues have resurfaced after a stretch of games where it looked like he had everything together. I think it's probably fatigue more than anything else - he's not used to pitching this often. Also, maybe he should just focus on 3-4 pitches instead of his arsenal of 7. I have no doubt that he will eventually become what we all expect...we already saw flashes of that earlier this year.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
RamziD;4622955 said:
Yu's command issues have resurfaced after a stretch of games where it looked like he had everything together. I think it's probably fatigue more than anything else - he's not used to pitching this often. Also, maybe he should just focus on 3-4 pitches instead of his arsenal of 7. I have no doubt that he will eventually become what we all expect...we already saw flashes of that earlier this year.

The good thing is it usually happens at the beginning of the game. No matter what he seems to always settle in and find a groove.

Zordon

Reaction score
RamziD;4622955 said:
I think they will work on his mechanics, endurance, and cut down on his pitches this offseason. His whole delivery is very raw in many ways. Good thing we have the Maddox brothers on the staff.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I would just like to inform everyone that Mike Napoli just produced an RBI.

Off to a good start tonight. Everything seems to be going in our favor.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
gmoney112;4624104 said:
I would just like to inform everyone that Mike Napoli just produced an RBI.

Off to a good start tonight. Everything seems to be going in our favor.

Yes!

I started watching after it was 4-0.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
trickblue;4624237 said:
When this team gets hot. they are formidable...

They haven't been hot for a while. Once we start seeing a couple more 15 run beat downs we will know they are in full force. Kind of like how they opened the season.

Zordon

Reaction score
gmoney112;4624096 said:
Beltre just does not get enough love.
favorite player. gentry close second. kinsler, my least favorite.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
I love Beltre haha. He always plays looking pissed off gotta like it. Beltre is a superstar, he can carry this team.

Anyways, I have never understood how the 1st/3rd base umps are supposed to judge check swings.

Zordon

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624272 said:
I love Beltre haha. He always plays looking pissed off gotta like it. Beltre is a superstar, he can carry this team.

Anyways, I have never understood how the 1st/3rd base umps are supposed to judge check swings.
it's subjective decision. there is no official "rule" in the book. but i've heard that if the ump can see the entire face of the top of the bat then it is a swing.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624261 said:
They haven't been hot for a while. Once we start seeing a couple more 15 run beat downs we will know they are in full force. Kind of like how they opened the season.

They can beat any team at any time with pure talent...

I agree... not as consistent, but this is a REALLY good team...

I hope it translates to the postseason... they were obviously the better team in the last WS... but bad luck always follows our Rangers... :mad:

RastaRocket

Reaction score
trickblue;4624296 said:
They can beat any team at any time with pure talent...

I agree... not as consistent, but this is a REALLY good team...

I hope it translates to the postseason... they were obviously the better team in the last WS... but bad luck always follows our Rangers... :mad:

It's frustrating. This group needs a ring.

They will probably have their best regular season this year; if we can get into the post season healthy I will be very confident. Once our pitching comes back I see good things happening.