Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624312 said:
It's frustrating. This group needs a ring.

They will probably have their best regular season this year; if we can get into the post season healthy I will be very confident. Once our pitching comes back I see good things happening.

Health is the key.

Even while having our pitching staff banged up we still kept the lead with a surging Angels team. Granted we were playing some weaker teams, but still.

I said if we got the all-star break with the division lead we would make the playoffs, I still believe that. But playoffs worry me, but this team seems to thrive in October (WS not withstanding).

It should be fun to watch. Just keep hoping to stay healthy.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
trickblue;4624296 said:
They can beat any team at any time with pure talent...

I agree... not as consistent, but this is a REALLY good team...

I hope it translates to the postseason... they were obviously the better team in the last WS... but bad luck always follows our Rangers... :mad:

Every time I see that replay of Cruz I think he is going to get it. Much like "The Catch" for the Cowboys. :banghead:

JackWagon

Reaction score
I want another signing like when we got Cliff Lee at the deadline. Then i will feel like we are really ready to win it all. If you are rangers management dont you put all your chips in the middle and go get Greinke, Hamels, or Dempster?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4624312 said:
It's frustrating. This group needs a ring.

They will probably have their best regular season this year; if we can get into the post season healthy I will be very confident. Once our pitching comes back I see good things happening.

Yes they do... I've been following this team since 1973... a ring would be monumental...

My champs list would then look like this:

√ Dallas Cowboys
√ Dallas Mavericks
√ San Antonio Spurs
√ Texas Rangers
√ Boston Red Sox
√ Dallas Stars
√ Texas Longhorns
√ Arkansas Razorbacks
√ Lufkin Panthers
:( SFA Lumberjacks

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
"Well, Roy pitched well with all four pitches," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "He pitches a little differently now than he used to, when he was throwing a little bit harder. But he pitched effectively, kept us off balance with the changeup, silder, curveball, fastball -- good location with all, just had us guessing all night."

Reddick had a different opinion of Oswalt.

"I don't feel he was very good," Reddick said. "I felt like we had a lot of swings and misses.

"We had a pretty good go at him. We saw a lot of pitches early. Just bad swings in front of the ball. I don't feel like his stuff was very far out there."

:muttley:

I'm not sure this kid understands what pitching is all about. Great pitching makes people swing and miss. A great change up causes batters be in front of the ball.

trickblue

Reaction score
Reddick had a different opinion of Oswalt.

"I don't feel he was very good," Reddick said. "I felt like we had a lot of swings and misses.

"We had a pretty good go at him. We saw a lot of pitches early. Just bad swings in front of the ball. I don't feel like his stuff was very far out there."

OMG... you can't MAKE this stuff up...

Reddick exemplifies the "dumb jock" moniker with that statement...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
trickblue;4624558 said:
Yes they do... I've been following this team since 1973... a ring would be monumental...

My champs list would then look like this:

√ Dallas Cowboys
√ Dallas Mavericks
√ San Antonio Spurs
√ Texas Rangers
√ Boston Red Sox
√ Dallas Stars
√ Texas Longhorns
√ Arkansas Razorbacks
√ Lufkin Panthers
:( SFA Lumberjacks

Wouldn't bet on the Jacks anytime soon :) Sam choked it all away last year, doubt they make it bake it back.

juck

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4624650 said:
:muttley:

I'm not sure this kid understands what pitching is all about. Great pitching makes people swing and miss. A great change up causes batters be in front of the ball.
Wow what peckerhead. lol. Oswalt threw a very nice game.

trickblue

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4625123 said:
Wouldn't bet on the Jacks anytime soon :) Sam choked it all away last year, doubt they make it bake it back.

Yeah... we made it in to the Finals once and lost...

Sam DID blow it and I was happy to see that... :D The two ugliest uniforms to ever play for a NC...

Sam may be back... they were stockpiled with Sophomores last year...

Zordon

Reaction score
I don't want to see Napoli in a rangers jersey ever again. Worst loss of the season. ****!

gmoney112

Reaction score
Well, that was unfortunate. Last time I looked it was 4-1 in the 7th. At least the Angels are getting rocked.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Angels lose. Now we start our 3 game series against them tomorrow. Holland is pitching against Weaver :mad:

Mike_45

Reaction score
gmoney112;4626575 said:
Angels lose. Now we start our 3 game series against them tomorrow. Holland is pitching against Weaver :mad:

It could be worse. It could be Ryan Drese against Weaver.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
trickblue;4625148 said:
Yeah... we made it in to the Finals once and lost...

Sam DID blow it and I was happy to see that... :D The two ugliest uniforms to ever play for a NC...

Sam may be back... they were stockpiled with Sophomores last year...

Yeah they did. The coach was just terrible that game, running the same play multiple times and then just passing when they knew exactly when they would pass its no wonder a young QB couldn't stick in there.

You are right, they will have virtually the same team they had last year. I just think when you had a team like last years and have everything go your way during the season it will be tough luck to do it again. But who knows. They will also get to test themselves against Baylor and A&M.

Agreed on the unis, both are just ugly. I'm just here for grad school so I'm no die hard. But it's been fun while I've been here. Both football and baseball did really well.

Mike_45

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4627420 said:
The The Angels Angels of Anaheim. Fixed it for you. Haha

Such a stupid name. I cant figure out if I despise them or the Eagles more.