Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

Mike_45

Reaction score
Id like the team to keep Andrus and move kinsler in two years. Kinsler is 30 now.

An infield with Andrus and Profar would be something.

gmoney112

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4614634 said:
Moving Olt to first would be nice.

Andrus free agency is coming up maybe after next season. With his age I would hate to see him go for nothing. It would be nice to fit Profar and Andrus on the team together, I'm just not sold it is going to happen. Do we trade Elvis next year and re-stock the farm?

Agree with the guy above. Resign Elvis. He's exactly what we need. A young, still developing talent that can play defense and get on base. Most guys don't even break the lineup until they're 25 or so, he's 23. Gotta keep him.

I've never liked Ian. I don't think it's a coincidence that he got paid and now has more errors this season then he did all of last year. Plus he's 30 and not getting any younger. Move him while you can, if you can find someone to take on his contract. There are a lot of competing teams that could use him in the near future so I think it'll work out.

Elvis at 2nd and Profar at shortstop in the next two years would be a good deal for us. Let's just hope Profar can keep developing

Mike_45

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4614672 said:
I agree with you guys. You think it'll happen?

We can only hope. Nolan and Daniels dont seem as dimwitted as Jerrah. I think ultimately they will make the best possible moves for the club.

Mike_45

Reaction score
Nice hit by Michael Young in the bottom of the ninth.

Interesting game with the lightning and all.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Holy crap! We're tied 3-3 now. I can only listen on the radio because it is blacked out on mlb tv. I turned it off not too long ago.

I wish Tateyama wasn't pitching.

Kristen82

Reaction score
Think maybe we need to add a hitter or three more than a pitcher. Talk about stinkyfeet offense these past few games.

Zordon

Reaction score
great game. 4 game lead at the break...i'll gladly take it.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Kristen82;4614772 said:
Think maybe we need to add a hitter or three more than a pitcher. Talk about stinkyfeet offense these past few games.

Ya. As Wash says though, offense comes and goes no matter how stacked your lineup is. Good starting pitching is the most reliable source of performance. I'm pretty sure no team in baseball can hit like the Rangers.

Who wants to trade Kinsler now? :laugh1:

For real though, I'd still do it over Elvis. Soon Young will be gone though, so maybe the infield will open up.

1B: Olt
2B: Elvis/Profar
3B: Beltre
DH: Kinsler? :laugh1:

Similar to a Young role though, he can sub in the infield. He may not be as versatile though.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That was two games in a row blacked out on MLB.TV and it still wasn't on TV in my local area. I was listening when the thunder hit though and saw the video of it on the news this morning! :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
This is poor quality, but much better than the others as it shows it happen from the pitchers point of view rather than most that show it from very high up. You can better see the players reactions. :lmao2:

[youtube]8N6H0EsrB08[/youtube]

Mike_45

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4614793 said:
Ya. As Wash says though, offense comes and goes no matter how stacked your lineup is. Good starting pitching is the most reliable source of performance. I'm pretty sure no team in baseball can hit like the Rangers.

Who wants to trade Kinsler now? :laugh1:

For real though, I'd still do it over Elvis. Soon Young will be gone though, so maybe the infield will open up.

1B: Olt
2B: Elvis/Profar
3B: Beltre
DH: Kinsler? :laugh1:

Similar to a Young role though, he can sub in the infield. He may not be as versatile though.

I found this decent article on MLB.com:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120708&content_id=34697118&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Talks about Olt and Profar. And after hunting for a long time (was not able to find info on Elvis Andrus's contract) Andrus is here for three more years on his current deal and Kinsler until 2017.

Young's current deal is up after next year, as is Nelson Cruz's. It was mentioned in the article that Olt has been playing a little in the outfield. Nelson Cruz is 32 now and has a history of hamstring problems.

I don't see a lot of big wholesale changes on the roster happening in the next two years as far as bringing up new talent like Olt or Profar. Both still need work and polish and there really is no sense in rushing them.

Lets just sit back and watch and enjoy this. I have been a Rangers fan since 1987 and have tried to watch as many games as I possibly can since 1996 and I am really enjoying this run. :D

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4614891 said:
This is poor quality, but much better than the others as it shows it happen from the pitchers point of view rather than most that show it from very high up. You can better see the players reactions. :lmao2:

[youtube]8N6H0EsrB08[/youtube]

Dude, I was there. It literally was RIGHT ABOVE the ball park. The lightning flash and SUPER LOUD THUNDER were simultaneous. That's the closest I've ever been to lightning, and that thunder scared the CRAP out of me..lol.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Damnit Verlander out there choking already. If the AL loses home field again :bang2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
well boys and girls, if we are to win the world series, we are going to have to win a game 6 or 7 on the road! this sucks!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Ugh this is one of the dumbest stipulations in the history of pro sports. For something so important, it comes down to an exhibition game. Even Verlander said after the game that "he had fun." :bang2:

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Well our beloved Ranger hitters were 1-9 in this game and Harrison gave up 3 runs in his inning. Not a good showing collectively buy our guys. The NL has some filthy pitching to shut out that AL line-up.

Whatever team comes out of the NL for the world series is going to have some sick pitching, wouldn't be shocked if it were the Giants. Unless the Rangers get some consistent hitting going and they make a trade for another pitcher they aren't beating the NL team, that is if they even get to the series for a 3 straight year.