Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4634920 said:
Is a trade in the works?

Sounds like the Rangers and Angels are the 2 biggest players for him. What will the team that doesnt get him do?

You know it will have to be a move that is matched in some way.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think we should try to get Grienke but Olt and Profar should not be touched.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Bevo;4635315 said:
Marlins want Perex, Olt, and Profar for Johnson via ESPN. I don't think he is worth it at all. Rather have a rental like Greinke or Shields.

:lmao2:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
reddyuta;4635413 said:
I think we should try to get Grienke but Olt and Profar should not be touched.

None of it matters now - Greinke to the Angels.

Next . . . . . . .

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4635492 said:

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

#Brewers getting shortstop Jean Segura and two Double A pitchers from #Angels for Greinke. "Finishing touches" being applied. Deal is done.

It was announced on the Orioles game as well.

juck

Reaction score
Wow. Thats bad for us. Angels have a LEGIT rotation.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
:laugh2: Angel must be SUPER pissed about the last two years. :lmao2:

If it weren't for Colby getting injured, I still think they would fall flat. With Colby gone, we differently got weaker in the starting rotation.

Although, if our rotation can come back from injury and stay healthy, I know we can hold the Angels down. (Josh needs to stop ****ing off at the plate though)

MegaMagick

Reaction score
The angels have a pretty good rotation, but the Phillies had a dream team like rotation and didn't get to the WS. Grienke would've made a difference for us, but for the angels it's really overkill for an already stacked position.

One hot lineup can hit any pitcher on any day during the playoffs and i'm not really going to be afraid of anyone outside of Weaver when it comes to pressure packed postseason baseball. CJ Wilson was godawful for us our last two postseason runs.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
I wonder what the hell our guys are doing, we absolutely NEED a frontline pitcher going into this postseason. What we have now won't get it done.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4635529 said:
I wonder what the hell our guys are doing, we absolutely NEED a frontline pitcher going into this postseason. What we have now won't get it done.

JJ from the Marlins . . . . . . . .

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Damn if the Angels don't win it all this year, it will be one of the biggest failures ever!

They have a stacked pitching staff AND a stacked offense with the emergence of Trout plus Pujols starting to get it together. A lot of pressure on them now, they have to be the favorites

MegaMagick

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4635536 said:
JJ from the Marlins . . . . . . . .

I used to think he was the best pitcher in the MLB, but hasn't he been shaky since the injury last year?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4635541 said:
I used to think he was the best pitcher in the MLB, but hasn't he been shaky since the injury last year?

Yes it certainly seems that way.

juck

Reaction score
Right now the Angels have the better team. Our team is off. Athletics are playing maybe the best ball in the division.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
juck;4635993 said:
Right now the Angels have the better team. Our team is off. Athletics are playing maybe the best ball in the division.

A's got 6 runs in the top of the 9th last nite to beat the O's 14-9. Jim Johnson was 30 for 32 in save attempts and gave up a bunch of cheap hits, one after another. Things are going the A's way right now for sure.