Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DIAF;3911641 said:
Oh look Chris Davis 2 ABs 2 Ks.

yawn.

It's funny. He said he deserved a chance. They give it to him. We are playing against a pitcher who isn't pitching well and the Rangers as a whole knock him around... err my mistake. As a whole except for Davis who goes 0fer 4 with 3 strikeouts.

That was extremely disappointing to see. I really want to see this kid succeed.

That said, it was good to see the Rangers pound the Angels, but even better to see that just maybe CJ got his groove back.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;3911983 said:
It's funny. He said he deserved a chance. They give it to him. We are playing against a pitcher who isn't pitching well and the Rangers as a whole knock him around... err my mistake. As a whole except for Davis who goes 0fer 4 with 3 strikeouts.

That was extremely disappointing to see. I really want to see this kid succeed.

That said, it was good to see the Rangers pound the Angels, but even better to see that just maybe CJ got his groove back.

Yeah, I just don't think Davis will ever find it. I hope to eat my crow, but I feel we are wasting at bats with him at the plate. And CJ was CJ of last year again, I don't think his leg had fully healed, he was finally throwing his fast ball up there last night.

Lewis's turn after having a baby :laugh2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hopefully they get that 2nd win in the series tonight.
CJ was tough last night!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
angels are running Palmer out there tonight, good chance for another win. Good thing we miss Haren!

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
DIAF;3912757 said:
angels are running Palmer out there tonight, good chance for another win. Good thing we miss Haren!

Still have to face Weaver...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That game last night was a train wreck. They couldn't pitch, hit, and produced errors likes they were factory workers paid to make them.

That error by Murphy was absolutely horrid.

Worst thing about it was, I finally bought MLB.tv right after Kinsler got the RBI to tie the game at 1. Then they proceeded to implode and I got to watch it!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Looks like Matt Harrison finally remembered that he is, in fact, actually Matt Harrison. I am officially worried about the rotation now. We need Tommy Hunter to come back STAT. I have 0 faith in Harrison or Ogando.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
TEXAS MONTHLY magazine's cover story this month is the Rangers and Nolan...they are being crowned America's Team on the cover I think...:)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Has a team ever went 9-1 to start the season then 1-9 the following 10 games. The Rangers have damn near done that. :bang2:

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;3914883 said:
Looks like Matt Harrison finally remembered that he is, in fact, actually Matt Harrison. I am officially worried about the rotation now. We need Tommy Hunter to come back STAT. I have 0 faith in Harrison or Ogando.

What are you talking about? There was nothing wrong with Harrison last night. 6.2 innings giving up 4 hits and 3 runs with 5 K's is very respectable and something we should be happy with. If this is his "off" game we should be thrilled.

It was the offense that failed us.

I don't going off on Ogondo either. He struggled giving up the long ball last game, but he has been very good overall so far.

Obviously these guys had to slow a little - did you expect Harrison, Holland and Ogando to be duking it out for the Cy Young at the end of the year?

Time will tell how they end up, but Harrison having a quality game rather than a great one seems like a waste of time to worry about.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;3916140 said:
What are you talking about? There was nothing wrong with Harrison last night. 6.2 innings giving up 4 hits and 3 runs with 5 K's is very respectable and something we should be happy with. If this is his "off" game we should be thrilled.

I don't going off on Ogondo either. He struggled giving up the long ball last game, but he has been very good overall so far.

Obviously these guys had to slow a little - did you expect Harrison, Holland and Ogando to be duking it out for the Cy Young at the end of the year?

Time will tell how they end up, but Harrison having a quality game rather than a great one seems like a waste of time to worry about.

I agree with you. Its the flow of the season, with 162 games there are going be plenty of bad. Granted I'm a little worried if they can consistently be good, but their latest performance doesn't have me worried.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3914933 said:
TEXAS MONTHLY magazine's cover story this month is the Rangers and Nolan...they are being crowned America's Team on the cover I think...:)
No, but their Baseball's team!

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3916267 said:
I agree with you. Its the flow of the season, with 162 games there are going be plenty of bad. Granted I'm a little worried if they can consistently be good, but their latest performance doesn't have me worried.

Exactly. Yes, there is reason to have some concern because 3 of our starting pitchers have never been in a major league rotation for an entire season, and 1 of those has never been in a major league rotation at all before this year, while the other 2 have only limited experience as a major league starter. Even our two "seasoned" have much less experience as major league starters than any other No. 1/2 combo in baseball.

So it is a little on shakey gound - or at least unknown ground. But we can't get overly concerned if they aren't stellar every game - no MLB pitcher is. There are always ups and downs, even for the guys who win Cy Youngs.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Stautner;3916140 said:

No, I don't expect them to be duking it out for the Cy Young, but I also know that Harrison's ceiling when he was a Braves prospect was no higher than a #3 starter and Ogando ought to be in the pen. So color me skeptical. I think that as the season wears on, we'll be thankful for Tommy Hunter's return. At least Holland has ace/#2 potential, so he's at least got pedigree.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there will be any room for big game hunter when he returns. Ogando is doing so well, Harrison is just great thus far. Colby seems to me like the weakest so far but we aren't moving him from the rotation. Holland would be the odd man out IF they wanted to add Hunter but we will let it play itself out. We still have Brandon Webb to look forward to hopefully.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I think by the time Tommy is ready to come back, Ogando and/or Harrison will have imploded by then. I don't see Holland coming out of the rotation...he started to 'get it' late last year and seems to be taking another step forward this year so far. Like I said before, he has the pedigree so there will be more patience with him.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
I hope so, I really like Holland. My advice would be to move Ogando/Harrison back to the bullpen if/when Hunter earns his spot back because that has to be our weakest aspect of the team right? We have good starters, they wont LOSE us any games and we have a closer. I have zero faith in Oday and Oliver, or Kirkman for that matter. Rhodes and Strop look decent, even though Rhodes wasn't great his last outing. Apparently they are bringing Tomko up too.