Texas Rangers Thread

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Matt Harrison goes tonight. I don't feel real good about his chances vs. the Sox. Papi is back tonight, too. And the boys are going up against Beckett. This is not good.

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;4065144 said:
Matt Harrison goes tonight. I don't feel real good about his chances vs. the Sox. Papi is back tonight, too. And the boys are going up against Beckett. This is not good.

Yeah, very tough task tonight, no doubt.

Ranzo

Reaction score
Either they step up and win this series or they just aren't good enough against the big dogs in 2011. If you think about it 2010 was almost the first time they haven't faded in August/Sept. Maybe Harrison can mix in some torture by working super slow and melting big Papi on the plate under the scorching sun.

Random thought- Nellie Cruz is beginning to annoy me recently with MIA status. What's his deal with a .259 avg for the season and .205 the last 10 games? He is better than that.

Ranzo

Reaction score
It's dawning on me that teh Rangers are getting their comeuppance. They might be able to hold off the Angels but so what?

thewireman

Reaction score
I think even if the Rangers make it to the playoffs, they will be a first round exit team.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yep...I had pretty low expectations this season anyway without a true ace like Cliff Lee.

They overachieved last year and now that the main reason why they overachieved is now in Philly, they're back to square one. It might take 2 years until they get back to really being ready to challenge the heavyweights depending on if Holland can ever get it together and if Martin Perez is the real deal.

I think it would be a successful season if they won the West again and made it to the playoffs with the raw starting rotation they have.

Ranzo

Reaction score
Tx Rangers, you're dead to me. I wash my hands of this team. Bring on college football and the NFL.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i dont post on this thread, so if this has been brought up im sorry, but its very frustrating with this team....

does anyone know if the Rangers lead the league in losing series after winning the first game? it seems like almost half the time they win game 1 of a series they end up getting smoked the rest of the series (chicago last week, and looks like its headed that way with boston)

Alweezy

Reaction score
Ranzo;4065673 said:
It's dawning on me that teh Rangers are getting their comeuppance. They might be able to hold off the Angels but so what?

Comeuppance for what?

Ranzo

Reaction score
Alweezy;4066275 said:
Comeuppance for what?

I think they got fat and happy with their accomplishments. And when you do that you're good as done whether we're talking baseball or business or relationships,whatever.Did you see Elvis wait on a routine infield hit with a speedy runner in play? He couldn't be bothered to charge it. Again, with Cruz, he couldn't be more causal in his approach at the plate.

One reason I like college football so much is you feel their passion. Oh, and the cheerleaders don't hurt..

jimmy40

Reaction score
Ranzo;4066482 said:
I think they got fat and happy with their accomplishments. And when you do that you're good as done whether we're talking baseball or business or relationships,whatever.Did you see Elvis wait on a routine infield hit with a speedy runner in play? He couldn't be bothered to charge it. Again, with Cruz, he couldn't be more causal in his approach at the plate.

One reason I like college football so much is you feel their passion. Oh, and the cheerleaders don't hurt..
so they got their *** kicked by Boston for a couple of games, damn, it happens.

Ranzo

Reaction score
jimmy40;4066711 said:
so they got their *** kicked by Boston for a couple of games, damn, it happens.

Well, the thing is the Red Sox are a measuring stick for the Strangers right now and they know it. And they come out play like this? It's not good.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ranzo;4066783 said:
Well, the thing is the Red Sox are a measuring stick for the Strangers right now and they know it. And they come out play like this? It's not good.

There is 182 games in a season. Sometimes you are hot, sometimes you are cold. Ask Boston. They started the year off horribly.

The only thing that matters is that A) the Rangers make the playoffs, and B) they are hot when the playoffs start.

Like Jeter said. The best team doesn't always win the World Series. The good teams make the playoffs, the hottest teams win it. Rangers were hot last year, just not as hot as the Giants were.

Ranzo

Reaction score
nyc;4066790 said:
There is 182 games in a season. Sometimes you are hot, sometimes you are cold. Ask Boston. They started the year off horribly.

The only thing that matters is that A) the Rangers make the playoffs, and B) they are hot when the playoffs start.

Like Jeter said. The best team doesn't always win the World Series. The good teams make the playoffs, the hottest teams win it. Rangers were hot last year, just not as hot as the Giants were.

Well I would feel better if they were at least competitive. We'll see if the can be resuscitated.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They're falling apart right now...I think they're done. The starting pitchers have hit the wall. Could be in for a very ugly last month...we played with fire all season rolling with these young guys and even though it may eventually pay off in years to come, we're finally getting burned.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
So, looking at Ogando and Harrison's last six starts.....is it safe to say that 1. Harrison is, indeed, Matt Harrison and 2. Ogando is running out of steam?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
DIAF;4067678 said:
So, looking at Ogando and Harrison's last six starts.....is it safe to say that 1. Harrison is, indeed, Matt Harrison and 2. Ogando is running out of steam?

Just Ranger pitching going back to Ranger pitching, ha. We have a whole lot of average, not great, just average and inconsistent. Even the new guys in the bullpen have become average.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4067596 said:
They're falling apart right now...I think they're done. The starting pitchers have hit the wall. Could be in for a very ugly last month...we played with fire all season rolling with these young guys and even though it may eventually pay off in years to come, we're finally getting burned.

All teams have bad series. They just have to rebound. I agree it could get ugly, but I think they can still make the playoffs. But we will be one and done, CJ can't pitch every day.