Texas Rangers Thread

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;4066790 said:
There is 182 games in a season. Sometimes you are hot, sometimes you are cold. Ask Boston. They started the year off horribly.

The only thing that matters is that A) the Rangers make the playoffs, and B) they are hot when the playoffs start.

Like Jeter said. The best team doesn't always win the World Series. The good teams make the playoffs, the hottest teams win it. Rangers were hot last year, just not as hot as the Giants were.

162, but who's counting.

I'm getting nervous. Still a lot of baseball, but that 6 game lead after the Angles series deteriorated fast. Hopefully the upcomeing Angels series will get us back in control.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
The only thing that makes me confident that the Rangers will still win the West is that the Angels are really not a very good baseball team. However I do forsee a swift exit for the Rangers once in the postseason.

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;4068522 said:
The only thing that makes me confident that the Rangers will still win the West is that the Angels are really not a very good baseball team. However I do forsee a swift exit for the Rangers once in the postseason.

The Angels have played like a pretty good team the last 2 months. 29-18 (.617) during that time. They also have Weaver and Santana, which makes them dangerous.

As much as I hate to say it, the odds may be against the Rangers in the playoffs simply because it will be hard to win with the consistency problems. They are very often very good, but spells like now - subpar pitching and hitting - seem to strike a little too often. Still, they have been there before, and they are also capable of extended hit streaks, so if they get in the playoffs there is always a chance.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Ranzo;4066783 said:
Well, the thing is the Red Sox are a measuring stick for the Strangers right now and they know it. And they come out play like this? It's not good.

So because the Rangers lose to the Red Sox they are fat and happy or playing arrogant or lazy or whatever you are getting at and they are ultimately due?

That doesn't even make sense...

Fact is, Rangers have played this way since the 13 game win streak in July. It's not an off the field thing, we have just been streaky both good and bad. The Angels should have been up 2 weeks ago, but inconsistant play on the road losing games when we would lose, and winning games and the Rangers winning on the same night kept the lead on ice. Then straight up blowing a golden op at home pushed it out to 6 games.

I would put more stock into how they play head to head against LA than how they did vs. Boston. Beating Boston while LA wins does nothing for us. But Winng or losing vs. the Angels could be critical.

If they come out flat tonight, then maybe you are on to something. The atmosphere at the ballpark will be electric tonight so there will be no excuses now.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Ervin Santana and Jered Weaver being moved up to pitch on 3-day rest.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DIAF;4068908 said:
Ervin Santana and Jered Weaver being moved up to pitch on 3-day rest.

That's what I just heard as well. I still wish that we would have done that during the World Series with Cliff Lee.... :(

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Robbieac;4068914 said:
That's what I just heard as well. I still wish that we would have done that during the World Series with Cliff Lee.... :(

Not a big deal. He didn't win the two games he did pitch.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Rangers brought GOOD HOLLAND and a SALAMI with them to the park.

lolol LOSS ANGELES.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I hope they save some of these runs, haha. 11-0 in the 7th. And I'm not able to watch because I moved to Astros coverage area. I hate it.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4068993 said:
I hope they save some of these runs, haha. 11-0 in the 7th. And I'm not able to watch because I moved to Astros coverage area. I hate it.

mlb.tv. It's worth every penny. I've been in since the beta.

Ranzo

Reaction score
Not able watch tonight...sounds like they meant business. Ah shux I fear this might go to their noggin,:laugh1:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
We needed every single one of those runs. Bullpen is fatigued after having to get so much work over the last 5 games. Gave us enough of a cushion to give Feliz, Koji and Adams more rest

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyeric8;4068959 said:
Not a big deal. He didn't win the two games he did pitch.

You're completely right. I just remember the feeling about how badly I wanted them to move him up in the rotation to get him a third game..... I felt let down when they didn't.

Oh well, thats in the past and obviously it wouldn't have helped anyways. :eek::

MC KAos

Reaction score
lets just hope they dont go classic rangers and lose the next two

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Uehara is done. He's gotten like 5 days off and still sucks. Horrible loss, with Colby vs. Weaver tomorrow. Rangers used up all their luck in game 1 once again, probably

Ranzo

Reaction score
Well, I see they lost again last night. Hey, only surrendered 8 runs. Somebody will be along shortly to inform me I'm overreacting and all is well.:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Ranzo;4071401 said:
Well, I see they lost again last night. Hey, only surrendered 8 runs. Somebody will be along shortly to inform me I'm overreacting and all is well.:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Then go ahead and jump off the wagon. I'm in for the long haul win or lose.