Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Harrison started out throwing strikes. 14 of 16 pitches. Since then, he is all over the place :(

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Gutsy call pinch hitting Gentry for Chavez who is almost a .300 hitter, but it paid off. Two run single that was stretched to a double on the throw.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Beltre with a HR and the Murphdog follow it up with his forth hit of the night!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The bullpen is definitely regressing. Mark Lowe was pretty lights out for a long stretch but now he's given up HRs in two straight games. Koji also seems to have a problem giving up homers. Yoshi has lost it as well. Mike Adams is the only "ace" of the bunch. I definitely wouldn't mind Ogando heading to the bullpen to finish this year.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Twice tonight Moreland has called offs other players in foul territory and failed to make the play.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The offense isn't struggling right now. 10 runs, four HRs last night. I believe they are averaging like 7-8 runs a game so far this month.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Holland again! Man if we can re-sign CJ next year and try to upgrade the #3 spot, that would be a mean starting 3 in the rotation

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sam I Am;4114291 said:
I saw that Hambone hit a grand slam too! :clubbed:

You're a little late with that realization. Keep up grandpa! :geezer:

;) :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Robbieac;4114397 said:
You're a little late with that realization. Keep up grandpa! :geezer:

;) :)

Umm I was at the Big Four concert at Yankee Stadium last night Grandpa. ;)

I'm sure it was a hell of a lot more exciting than what you were doing! :laugh2:

Whoops! :lmao2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Five runs in two swings of the bat and neither was a grand slam!

Rangers have been punishing the Indians. If I were an Indian fan I couldn't have watched this series. The Rangers are ON FIRE!!!

Alweezy

Reaction score
the way I look at it we got 9 games vs. Oak/Sea...

If we can't beat these two teams or at worst get a 6-3 split. While the Angels at worst go 10-0. We don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

We have 3 losses to use, while the Angels must play perfect baseball for the next 2 weeks to even make this interesting. Again I like the way this is playing out.

So if we handle business the way I see it and lose no more than 3 games we are in good shape. Even if LA goes 9-1, we still would hold 1 game over them going into the final series. If the worst case scenario happens and they win 10 straight, as long as we don't lose more than 3, we're still tied for first.

If we lose 4 or 5 of these games vs. Oak/Sea we don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Stautner

Reaction score
Alweezy;4114871 said:
the way I look at it we got 9 games vs. Oak/Sea...

If we can't beat these two teams or at worst get a 6-3 split. While the Angels at worst go 10-0. We don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

We have 3 losses to use, while the Angels must play perfect baseball for the next 2 weeks to even make this interesting. Again I like the way this is playing out.

So if we handle business the way I see it and lose no more than 3 games we are in good shape. Even if LA goes 9-1, we still would hold 1 game over them going into the final series. If the worst case scenario happens and they win 10 straight, as long as we don't lose more than 3, we're still tied for first.

If we lose 4 or 5 of these games vs. Oak/Sea we don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

We do have a nice schedule with series against Oakland and Seattle. I hope we can have a 5+ game lead going into the final series against the Angels. Being close going into the Angels series would add a lot of drama, but I would be prefectly happy coasting into the playoffs at that point.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Stautner;4115297 said:
We do have a nice schedule with series against Oakland and Seattle. I hope we can have a 5+ game lead going into the final series against the Angels. Being close going into the Angels series would add a lot of drama, but I would be prefectly happy coasting into the playoffs at that point.

From a personally selfish stand point I hope we can clinch on the 24th. Because I will be at the game :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
price_games_magicnumber-001.png
number%2B10.jpg

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4115699 said:
From a personally selfish stand point I hope we can clinch on the 24th. Because I will be at the game :D

It will be fun if you get to be at the division clinching game. The energy and excitement levels will be huge. I may be going to the game on the 23, but I have a conflict and haven't decided what I am going to do yet.