Texas Rangers Thread

jimmy40

Reaction score
Draegerman;4172771 said:
I just took a different read on it but it wouldn't surprise me if you're right. Still, I wouldn't be too shocked if they took it as disrespectable. Generate something out of nothing just to try to get the momentum back on their side.
I wouldn't blame them if they did.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Joe Realist;4172759 said:
Since my Phillies choked, I am rooting for the Rangers for all of their fans that are here. It would be pretty [strike]cool[/strike] AWESOME to have The Mavs and Rangers AND COWBOYS in same year. Good luck.

FYP, I'm greedy

Alweezy

Reaction score
Air Force One;4172744 said:
Man the way they're playing maybe it's finally our year guys

watch out for Milwaulkee... just sayin', hopefully they cool off because they could probably go head to head with us offensively and their bullpen is just as nice.

However back to the celebration party!!! We still got work to do, but man it's such a nice feeling to be taking care of business. Two wins away from a pennant. They really have to not lose focus now, because you know Detroit is going to give us everything they got tommorrow.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Draegerman;4172771 said:
I just took a different read on it but it wouldn't surprise me if you're right. Still, I wouldn't be too shocked if they took it as disrespectable. Generate something out of nothing just to try to get the momentum back on their side.

Your pitcher just gives up a Walk off grandslam and the Tigers would be "pissed" at Cruz for watching? That'd be a reach right there to me.

They got more than enough reasons besides some lame disrespect code. In a way Feliz and Ogando have disrespected the Tigers way more than Cruz did just then. Our bullpen is just going up there throwing #1 all inning long darn near daring the batters to try to catch up to it. That's straight disrespect right there.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Gotta love being a Ranger fan right now. I remain pessimistic. I was pessimistic until the world series where I thought we would have it last year. This year I will be a pessimist until we celebrate.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4172851 said:
Gotta love being a Ranger fan right now. I remain pessimistic. I was pessimistic until the world series where I thought we would have it last year. This year I will be a pessimist until we celebrate.

Just pray for the Cardinals, the Brewers are damn near unbeatable at home

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Alweezy;4172811 said:
Your pitcher just gives up a Walk off grandslam and the Tigers would be "pissed" at Cruz for watching? That'd be a reach right there to me.

They got more than enough reasons besides some lame disrespect code. In a way Feliz and Ogando have disrespected the Tigers way more than Cruz did just then. Our bullpen is just going up there throwing #1 all inning long darn near daring the batters to try to catch up to it. That's straight disrespect right there.

What part of you may be right...I just perceived it that way...Detroit could too...Generate something out of nothing to gain momentum...yada yada yada...etc...was I not clear about?

Besides, Cruz may very well have "admired" his salami long past the acceptable time given in their so-called baseball code. The poor guy got drilled badly in his chest in his last at-bat. Who wouldn't want to 'stick-it' to their pitcher a little bit after surviving something like that?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They need to put Holland on ice for the rest of the playoffs. He can't be trusted...the guy might be the most mentally weak player in Dallas sports right now. Last year when he fell apart in the World Series, you could just chalk that up as inexperience and jitters on the big stage. Then in the ALDS vs. Tampa, you could just say it was inexperience again as it was his first playoff start. But for him to look even worse today is a huge setback. He just doesn't have it mentally.

juck

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4172867 said:
They need to put Holland on ice for the rest of the playoffs. He can't be trusted...the guy might be the most mentally weak player in Dallas sports right now. Last year when he fell apart in the World Series, you could just chalk that up as inexperience and jitters on the big stage. Then in the ALDS vs. Tampa, you could just say it was inexperience again as it was his first playoff start. But for him to look even worse today is a huge setback. He just doesn't have it mentally.
There one other guy in Dallas sports weaker minded

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Those of us in here enjoy a non-bashing Romo thread. This one is about baseball and the Rangers. Please leave if you are going to bring up Tony. Get a grip man.

Sifillest

Reaction score
Boomstick baby. now if only we could get josh hamilton to consistently come thru in the clutch...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Sifillest;4173017 said:
Boomstick baby. now if only we could get josh hamilton to consistently come thru in the clutch...

I think he has been pretty consistent throughout the year and playoffs. You aren't going to get a guy winning it for you every game.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yeah Hamilton has been solid. They've gotten contributions from almost everyone so far...the only no-shows have been Michael Young and Mitch Moreland, who is probably done at this point. If the Rangers make the World Series, Moreland is out of luck since Young will be playing 1B on the road.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4173072 said:
Yeah Hamilton has been solid. They've gotten contributions from almost everyone so far...the only no-shows have been Michael Young and Mitch Moreland, who is probably done at this point. If the Rangers make the World Series, Moreland is out of luck since Young will be playing 1B on the road.

Mike is ready to bust lose anytime now, he is getting good at bats, just not so many hits. He is just too good of a hitter not to have in the lineup. We are winning which is what is important. Mitch had the HR but not much else, but yes he will only pinch hit on the road if we make the series.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4173080 said:
Mike is ready to bust lose anytime now
As I noted last night. Napoli, then Beltre, and now Cruz put the team on his back and almost won the game single-handedly. Next it will be Mike's turn.

I've got two guys from Detroit here in the office. After the Lions beat the Cowboys they felt compelled come ask me about it. (they know better than to really rub it in) I noticed they've been avoiding me after the last two games. :muttley:

Stautner

Reaction score
jimmy40;4172728 said:
he was waiting to see it if was foul. There was no reason for him to run. Foul or game over even if it was caught.

Draegerman;4172771 said:

My first thought was that he was watching it, and I could understand the Tigers holding that against him, but after watching again I agree he was waiting to see if it was a fair ball or not. He should have done the Carlton Fisk dance.