Texas Rangers Thread

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4174244 said:
Considering the Rangers just can't seem to win in Detroit, it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped all 3 games there, especially with Verlander starting game 5. It's not looking too good unless they snap out of this "Home run or bust" offense

Tomorrow is Harrison vs. Porcello, which is the most uneven pitching matchup of the entire postseason so far. Porcello is absolute garbage. Rangers win that one and game 5 is all but irrelevant.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
They need to just drop Uehara. Since coming to the Rangers he has blows goats. He can't do anything except give up HRs.

StylisticS

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4174219 said:
Josh Hamilton's lack of discipline at the plate...come on! :bang2:

Yeah that minor complaint could turn into a major conplaint if this continues. Him and Young (especially) has wasted at bats this series.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4174291 said:
Hamilton's bat speed never ceases to amaze me

What amazes me even more is when he checks his swing and the damn thing stops on a dime. Most of the time, batters stop the swing, but it keeps moving forward and they draw it back. Not Hambone. It's like his bat hits a 1k pound anvil. All forward progress just stops.

juck

Reaction score
I really hope Harrison is in control today and the bats for Young and Beltre and Nap wake up

Stautner

Reaction score
Frustrating game. Fister threw the same pitch over and over - the fastball that started over the plate and tailed into the righthanded batter. We never adjusted to it, and kept missing or hitting foul balls. Beltre must have fouled this pitch into his leg/foot 5-6 times during the game.

The other frustrating thing is that the Tiger hitters hurt us way too much by getting very hittable pitches thrown with an 0-2 or 1-2 count.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Rangers offense has become a joke. Swinging recklessly at everything and anything...it's like these guys panic and want to force everything at the plate. Vintage Rudy Jaramillo hitting right now

yimyammer

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4175589 said:
Rangers offense has become a joke. Swinging recklessly at everything and anything...it's like these guys panic and want to force everything at the plate. Vintage Rudy Jaramillo hitting right now

No ****, Detroit's pitchers get out of an inning with seemingly so many less pitches, whereas our pitches seem to have to work their ***** off to get an out.

Does Josh swing at every first pitch?

utrunner07

Reaction score
no fire in our starting pitchers all series, of course it does not help when you are not putting up any runs at bat.

Ren

Reaction score
Rangers about to blow it, i don't see them coming back in this one with the way they're hitting right now and i really can't see them beating Verlander tomorrow hitting this way so that give Detroit 2 shots to close it out in Texas

:bang2:

yimyammer

Reaction score
Ren;4175610 said:
Rangers about to blow it, i don't see them coming back in this one with the way they're hitting right now and i really can't see them beating Verlander tomorrow hitting this way so that give Detroit 2 shots to close it out in Texas

:bang2:

It's my fault, everytime I watch a Ranger game, they get whipped. I'll change the channel & check the thread in a couple of hours

utrunner07

Reaction score
there you go, getting back to what makes the rangers, rangers, smart plays, aggressive. great fake bunt elvis

utrunner07

Reaction score
and sweet tony romo michael young, do something besides strike out or pop out or ground out

utrunner07

Reaction score
very nice!!!!! knew if i was negative enough on young he would turn it around...loser;)