Texas Rangers Thread

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
That was gem pitched by Holland.
Masterful

I'm shocked -- shocked, I tell ya -- about Holland's performance so soon after coming back.

Very encouraging for the whole staff.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Need to look at Houston's schedule and compare to ours. I believe Houston has trouble at home too.

Basically the same schedule though. The games that they have with Houston will be huge though. In fact, Texas can basically finish LAA this weekend.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Basically the same schedule though. The games that they have with Houston will be huge though. In fact, Texas can basically finish LAA this weekend.

I believe the Rangers have played very poorly against the Angels this year. (I believe they are something like 4-8 against them)

They are playing better now, but they still have to win those games.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I believe the Rangers have played very poorly against the Angels this year. (I believe they are something like 4-8 against them)

They are playing better now, but they still have to win those games.

Yeah the Angels worry me. They have just handed us plenty of beatdowns this year. We are playing like a different team right now, but still worrisome.

That being said I think the division will get decided between the remaining Astros/Rangers schedule. This time of year is fun for baseball fans.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My brother and I at today's game.

https://lh4.***BROKEN***/-pkdbueRAhAQ/VfS2NB3FMsI/AAAAAAAAMQ0/4Xucqc7y-oQ/s1280-Ut/15%2B-%2B1

reddyuta

Reaction score
calling out BIGGEMS,he figuratively laughed in my face when i said the Rangers will overtake the Astros

tumblr_ml1q8jQsCt1s3ky1ho1_1280.png

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
My Astros just can't buy a win on the road. This pennant race is just getting started looks to be fun.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
8 games back at the beginning of August. To be in first place now is just truly impressive. Bannister is doing one hell of a job.

We may only be in first place a day with Keuckel on the mound tonight, but I'm going to enjoy it.

Let's go Rangers!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
8 games back at the beginning of August. To be in first place now is just truly impressive. Bannister is doing one hell of a job.

We may only be in first place a day with Keuckel on the mound tonight, but I'm going to enjoy it.

Let's go Rangers!

Actually, the Rangers haven't been playing all that well of late. That means Houston has really been stinking it up. Of course, they blow major goats on the road. If the Rangers make the post season, I really don't have a lot of confidence in them. If the Astros do, I have zero confidence in them. If you can't win on the road, you're in a boat load of trouble.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Actually, the Rangers haven't been playing all that well of late. That means Houston has really been stinking it up. Of course, they blow major goats on the road. If the Rangers make the post season, I really don't have a lot of confidence in them. If the Astros do, I have zero confidence in them. If you can't win on the road, you're in a boat load of trouble.

Completely agree. Just winning the division will be a huge accomplishment for this team, any post season success will just be a bonus. The Rangers play well except against lefties, it's the weirdest thing I've seen in awhile, completely inept against a left handed pitcher.

As for the Astros, they can't win away from home, and live and die by the long ball. Neither one of those will lead to any post season success. They have lost 19 of their last 23 homer-less games. Keep them in the yard and you have a good chance of winning.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
12-1 Rangers in the seventh inning. About to be up 1.5 games on the Stros, in sole possession of 1st place. I can't explain it. It may not last, or it may continue on, but Jeff Banister has something brewing in Arlington!

I love it!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Just an absolute beating by the Rangers. And I like Colby's chances for the sweep tomorrow. Bannister should have a chance for manager of the year, just an amazing turn around. And don't forget about JD making smart deadline trades for now and the future. Just living well right now, hope it lasts but still plenty of baseball left.