Thank you Roger Goodell for target on every players back now

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No, you’re incorrect.

Goodell is a piece of trash but ultimately this comes back to the players. The players are the ones who granted him this power. They got their laxed drug testing policy but obviously didn’t think about how much they gave RG. Be ready for a lockout next CBA, it’s going to get ugly.
Goodell works for ownership.

Tell them this.

If you start warring with them..

no more football.

then what?

They do a strike and play stops

Be careful where you vent folks.

Shattershooting without proof is going to get you in trouble.

This world is very litigious.

People on the internet think they can say and do anything.

Not TRUE.

You are accountable for what you say.

The Mods know this.

So should you.

dfense

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ennis and Reuben are back together again. Just a hunch.

dfense

Reaction score
so now we have both David Irving and Reuben Foster being victimized by women thanks to the Zeke case an the way the league handled it.

Is anyone surprised?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...friend-domestic-violence-claim-a-money-scheme

Elissa Ennis, the ex-girlfriend of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster, took the stand Thursday and admitted she lied to police and fabricated domestic violence claims.

"I wanted to sue Reuben. It was a money scheme. It was all about money. I wanted to get him," Ennis testified under oath, per David Lombardi of The Athletic.

Ennis said she became enraged after Foster tried to break up with her and made up the claims in an attempt to extort him.

"I was threatening Reuben that I was going to f--k up his career," Ennis said.

She also testified she flagged down a passerby to call 911 on Foster after considering whether to falsify charges following a verbal altercation.

"I told him I’m about to f--k yo s--t up, make sure you don’t have a job tomorrow..." Ennis said. "I really wanted to kill him. I was so hurt."

Ennis originally told police Foster punched her 10 times, dragged her down a flight of stairs, threw her phone, physically forced her outside and then spit on her. The 49ers linebacker was arrested on felony domestic violence and weapons charges in February. He was officially charged in April despite Ennis recanting her story later that month.

The Santa Clara District Attorney's office pushed back Foster's formal arraignment after Ennis came forward last month by publicly admitting her story was a lie.

The 49ers said they will release Foster if the allegations prove true. He could still be subject to an investigation by the NFL, as the league does not state a player must be formally charged or convicted with a violent crime to violate the personal conduct policy.
Blame Goodell? How about the players who pick up groupies in bars and half the time knock them up? Let's not blame them for bein a stupid or anything. If you can't screen your woman well enough to know what you're getting into, the league can't help ya.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It should be really simple. If your convicted by a court of law then you can be suspended by the NFL. If you fail a drug test you should be suspended by the NFL. If a player is arrested then the NFL should do a investigation.

But when the law itself does a investigation and don’t convict or arrest then it should be enough. He is acting like he is above law. And these weirdo owners are allowing it and paying him 20 million a year. I would do the job and be a horses behind for much less.
Celebrity status makes it very difficult for the due process to run its course like most citizens .

It’s how OJ got off. How would you find 12 jurors in Columbus to prosecute one of the most famous football players in Buckeye history?

Most of these players would either payoff their victims or hire defenses to belittle their accusers placing themselves as victims.

The NFL can’t afford for the backlash like they had with Rice. Seeing is believing for the public. And the owners want their product protected as do the sponsors. There’s really no other way but to govern yourself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If it was me I’d ban them for life but the NFL realizes it’s not a perfect system and allows an avenue to return . It presents a perception they’re being tough on a socially sensitive issue.

And of course the Players Union signs off it. Why would they sacarifice millions for less than 1% problem players?

The Personal Conduct Policy was a brilliant move by the league for damage control while IMO it doesn’t go far enough.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Interesting thing.

If anyone who watched the NFL Draft - the leagues premier event off season.

When clowney came out on the stage the first time 4 minutes of solid booing. You could not hear anything clowney was saying.

Then every time clowney came out to announce a pick more booing.

Don't the owners get it.
I saw that. When he first came our on sage with Witten, Aikman, and Staubach, the crowd booed him loudly. When he finally got on the mic, he tried to blow off the disappoval in the crowd by saying, "I can't beileve you all are booing these Dallas Cowboys". He thought he was so funny. I just wanted to punch him in his fat clown head.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Over 1700 NFL jock millionaires need discipline and someone attempting to keep them in line.

Only one thing these otherwise invincible attitude athletes understand .. not being allowed to play.

Suspension is only way to get their attention.

I only wish they’d start suspending owners instead of fines for pursuing problem players who end up suspended.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Celebrity status makes it very difficult for the due process to run its course like most citizens .

It’s how OJ got off. How would you find 12 jurors in Columbus to prosecute one of the most famous football players in Buckeye history?

Most of these players would either payoff their victims or hire defenses to belittle their accusers placing themselves as victims.

The NFL can’t afford for the backlash like they had with Rice. Seeing is believing for the public. And the owners want their product protected as do the sponsors. There’s really no other way but to govern yourself.
Like what your saying. I heard the same thing when the Elliot thing came out, the cops could have been a huge fan and let him slide or covered for Elliot. But I still think that given the texts recovered and interviews with her friends and witnesses (the evidence) that she was lying. He was railroaded because of other cases the NFL screwed up. The rice deal was sad, there was video of this guy decking her. Just sickening and I don’t care if she was hitting him earlier or in his face. No excuse for that. And that’s why teams wouldn’t hire him today.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Over 1700 NFL jock millionaires need discipline and someone attempting to keep them in line.

Only one thing these otherwise invincible attitude athletes understand .. not being allowed to play.

Suspension is only way to get their attention.

I only wish they’d start suspending owners instead of fines for pursuing problem players who end up suspended.
It’s a risk reward for the billionaire owners. “Maybe his problems are behind him and he won’t do it again.” There are cases of these players growing up and being responsible pro athletes. But in some cases these owners take a chance and give these problemed kids millions of dollars and hope for the best. If it don’t pay off then it cost them the equivalent of probly 100 bucks for you and I. If it pays off they can make millions from jersey and extra ticket sales.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like what your saying. I heard the same thing when the Elliot thing came out, the cops could have been a huge fan and let him slide or covered for Elliot. But I still think that given the texts recovered and interviews with her friends and witnesses (the evidence) that she was lying. He was railroaded because of other cases the NFL screwed up. The rice deal was sad, there was video of this guy decking her. Just sickening and I don’t care if she was hitting him earlier or in his face. No excuse for that. And that’s why teams wouldn’t hire him today.
She was no doubt scum but if we saw Elliott abusing her in a video then our opinions would have changed as well even if she brought it on.

It today’s social media the league cant chance that a video could come out. They have to act.

The lesson learned here is be careful who you choose to be around. 99 % of the players make the right decisions. Elliott has enough history to illustrate he’s made poor choices. And what cost him.

The NFL is a celebrity status sports entertainment entity. The players must be smart and careful. Being associated with the wrong people can often get an innocent person in trouble.

It’s difficult for me to believe Elliott was totally innocent. It takes two to tango. That doesn’t mean he was guilty of DV but again enough history and evidence to suspect something happened.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
If there's any justice hopefully someday we'll see a video of Tiffany Thompson on TMZ bragging about how she made the whole thing up.

Maybe now she sees other women doing it and not getting in one bit of trouble. She already asked her own friends to lie. Won’t help now he has already been marked as a women beater and got punished for something he likely didn’t do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s a risk reward for the billionaire owners. “Maybe his problems are behind him and he won’t do it again.” There are cases of these players growing up and being responsible pro athletes. But in some cases these owners take a chance and give these problemed kids millions of dollars and hope for the best. If it don’t pay off then it cost them the equivalent of probly 100 bucks for you and I. If it pays off they can make millions from jersey and extra ticket sales.
Yep and why the policy doesn’t go far enough. It's simply to present a perception they’re being tough.

Jipper

Reaction score
I'm over all of this, sick of the constant drama....all the time....constanly worrying who's th next to be suspended....

I remember before social media when all this stuff started happening...
What's real what's fake, who knows anymore....

glimmerman

Reaction score
She was no doubt scum but if we saw Elliott abusing her in a video then our opinions would have changed as well even if she brought it on.

It today’s social media the league cant chance that a video could come out. They have to act.

The lesson learned here is be careful who you choose to be around. 99 % of the players make the right decisions. Elliott has enough history to illustrate he’s made poor choices. And what cost him.

The NFL is a celebrity status sports entertainment entity. The players must be smart and careful. Being associated with the wrong people can often get an innocent person in trouble.

It’s difficult for me to believe Elliott was totally innocent. It takes two to tango. That doesn’t mean he was guilty of DV but again enough history and evidence to suspect something happened.
I hate that because it makes it ok for the NFL to falsely accuse and punish a few innocents (assuming he was innocent) to make sure they get all the bad guys. Also now if he ever does get in trouble then they will throw the book at him because of that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe now she sees other women doing it and not getting in one bit of trouble. She already asked her own friends to lie. Won’t help now he has already been marked as a women beater and got punished for something he likely didn’t do.
And then he might have got off simply because of a discredible victim and circumstances.

His history of questionable conduct certainly wouldn’t surprise me he’s capable of such especially if spurred on by a tramp.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep and why the policy doesn’t go far enough. It's simply to present a perception they’re being tough.
Well these players bring in action and big bucks for the NFL as a whole, not just the team. So they give them all the rope they can. Unless your a Cowboy.:lmao: