That Time Rookie Dak Prescott Faced Multi-MVP Aaron Rodgers - and You Didn't See It

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You made a claim, "Dak dug the team a hole."

Back it up or retract your statement.
Does the film not reflect that he threw an interception that killed a scoring opportunity & set up GB? On an attempted smoke screen when the defender was hugging the line of scrimmage pre snap?

Even with mistakes by others, did Dak make the plays that were available early in the game to keep drives alive? Give the defense time to rest? etc?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where was he? He was watching this 22-yard dart to the Packer 16 getting over-ruled by a bizarre Brice Butler "huddle penalty"

2ndDrive_01b.jpg

2ndDrive02.jpg

And watching a 16 yard TD pass get taken away as Witten was tackled by LB

Interf01.jpg

Interf02.jpg

Interf04.jpg

Interf05.jpg

Interf06.jpg

Interf03.jpg
Post bigger pictures hence your Dak excuses get more coverage!!!! :muttley:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The only problem I have with this is that it can pretty much be done for every quarterback of every NFL team. That needs to be remembered. We can't elevate Dak because of other players' mistakes or officials' mistakes without doing the same for other QBs.

I don't have a problem with that since I believe too much credit or blame is put on the QB's shoulders for wins and losses, but it can create a skewed perspective if we say our QB played well enough to win and don't apply that to other QBs.

We're often somewhat lazy in our evaluations. We either just look at the statistics or look at the result and make our judgment. Doesn't matter if the QB threw a TD that was called back by holding that results in a punt, that TD is taken off the stat sheet and off the scoreboard. Doesn't matter if the receiver bats up a pass that gets interception, that interception stays counted in the QB's stats. But if we do want to rightfully credit our QB with that TD or take away that interception, then we have to do the same for the rest of the QBs.

That would be a lot of work since it goes against typical stat taking. However, since I'm not one to blame QBs for every failure by the team in a team game, I'm not too concerned about it. I do wish those who want to blame the QB for losses or just want to look at the stats would consider such things. It's rarely just the fault of the QB and a lot of times, it's not his fault at all but we still find fault because he wasn't perfect in a game where he needed to be because of team failures.
Good balanced post in the midst of convenient "truths" being thrown around. I knew the poor refs would be slandered in this thread and I was right, lol. Green Bay got hosed on a few 3rd Down non-calls when they were trying to put the nail in the coffin in the first half. Both on Davante Adams. But no one recalls those when the story gets told. Only the Cowboys get victimized.

GB-DALpen-2016-1.gif

GB-DALpen-2016-2.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
Where was he? He was watching this 22-yard dart to the Packer 16 getting over-ruled by a bizarre Brice Butler "huddle penalty"

2ndDrive_01b.jpg

2ndDrive02.jpg

And watching a 16 yard TD pass get taken away as Witten was tackled by LB

Interf01.jpg

Interf02.jpg

Interf04.jpg

Interf05.jpg

Interf06.jpg

Interf03.jpg
Strange how those weird penalties come at such a particular time. And they seem to miss other more blatant penalties..

T-RO

Reaction score
Good balanced post in the midst of convenient "truths" being thrown around. I knew the poor refs would be slandered in this thread and I was right, lol. Green Bay got hosed on a few 3rd Down non-calls when they were trying to put the nail in the coffin in the first half. Both on Davante Adams. But no one recalls those when the story gets told. Only the Cowboys get victimized.

GB-DALpen-2016-1.gif

GB-DALpen-2016-2.gif
Should have been called.

T-RO

Reaction score
There was also repeated holding by the GB line, including on the penultimate play of game, the last Rodgers pass. David Irving blatantly mugged from behind.

0c967b7c-screen-shot-2017-01-15-at-9-59-20-pm-1.png

3dbb3129-screen-shot-2017-01-15-at-9-59-20-pm-copy.png

T-RO

Reaction score
Penalties called on...

Packers, 3 for 22
Cowboys, 6 for 50

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Now the convo is towards team play and penalties and not only on QB play...

T-RO wins, in my opinion...simply for making the Dak haters use team play mis-fires as excuses in a Dak evaluation thread.

Proof...its team play...not just QB play.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
It wasn't an L when Dak last left the field with 35 seconds remaining.

It wasn't an L when both teams had completed an equivalent 9 possessions.
There is always an explanation plus L with the Cowboys.Sometimes we just have to accept facts. Hold this L.

T-RO

Reaction score
Each player and coach gets their own evaluation.

Dak wasn't beaten that day. Absolutely played as well, in any measurement, as Rodgers did.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
There is always an explanation plus L with the Cowboys.Sometimes we just have to accept facts. Hold this L.
Hold the L on Dak because he is highest paid...or hold L on the team?

And are you advocating for Team L in these threads calling for Daks head? Or letting Dak-haters feast?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Hold the L on Dak because he is highest paid...or hold L on the team?

And are you advocating for Team L in these threads calling for Daks head?
No these Ls were distributed on a annual basis when Dak was making pookie in his diapers. They've been going on way before his time.

Just pointing out the obvious that every year there is always an explanation for Dallas lack of playoff sucess.

"We were so close!". "The only reason we lost is......."

It is the very epitome of a loser mentality.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
No these Ls were distributed on a annual basis when Dak was making pookie in his diapers. They've been going on way before his time.

Just pointing out the obvious that every year there is always an explanation for Dallas lack of playoff sucess.

"We were so close!". "The only reason we lost is......."

Based on your comment...and recent talent and losses...I would say you are suggesting Coaching as the reason with a little bit of doubt on your QB. The QB is highest paid...but maybe the coaching and play calling isnt legit? Is that crazy to suggest? Or is it on Dak because he is highest paid? I agree he should take blame as being highest paid to a degree...but when analyzed is it completely on Dak? Or the team? Or team and Coaches?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Based on your comment...and recent talent and losses...I would say you are suggesting Coaching as the reason with a little bit of doubt on your QB. The QB is highest paid...but maybe the coaching and play calling isnt legit? Is that crazy to suggest? Or is it on Dak because he is highest paid? I agree he should take blame as being highest paid to a degree...but when analyzed is it completely on Dak? Or the team? Or team and Coaches?
All roads point back to Darth Leather Face. He is the constant variable. Drafting, bad contracts, lack of salary cap manipulation skills, and hiring puppet coaches. His hand sullies all things Cowboys. Big D will never win another Super Bowl until he steps off the throne and a real gm is hired.

T-RO

Reaction score
If you buy into the legitimacy of the NFL. I don't, and haven't for years.

I enjoy the game: the beauty of the athleticism, the chess-like strategy, the aerial darts, the hits. I don't buy into final playoff outcomes as I know at the end of the day, some teams are anointed before hand, others not.

I'm free from those bonds, those expectations, those constraints, those lies.

Money and power drive outcomes in the world, not fair competition.

You absolutely gotta be good to win it all, but you also need the anointing from humans above.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
All roads point back to Darth Leather Face. He is the constant variable. Drafting, bad contracts, lack of salary cap manipulation skills, and hiring puppet coaches. His hand sullies all things Cowboys. Cowboys will never win another Super Bowl until he steps off the throne and a real gm is hired.
So Dak is secondary to Cowboys issues? How often do you defend that in Dak Hater threads?

Of course...all reasonable Dak critiquers dont show up in Dak hate threads?

Odd...

Seems convenient.