That Time Rookie Dak Prescott Faced Multi-MVP Aaron Rodgers - and You Didn't See It

T-RO

Reaction score
he's awesome if you ignore the mistakes and failure to elevate his team in critical moments.
4th Quarter performance in the playoffs - simply doesn't get any more critical...or more EPIC.

Dak:
10-13
116 yards
8.9 yards per pass
2 TDs
1 2-point conversion
6 first down conversions

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Dak made mistakes early in the game that helped put us in the huge hole.
Really. Such as?

-Brice Butler's 15-yard personal foul that overturned Dak's 22 yard completion to the Green Bay 16 on the 2nd drive?
-The refs failure to call a penalty when Witten is literally tackled before he can catch Dak's 2nd quarter TD pass (a mugging noted by game commentator and documented on previous page)
-Doug Free's two penalties?

Those "Dak mistakes"?

Qcard

Reaction score
just like all other big games, he's awesome if you ignore the mistakes and failure to elevate his team in critical moments.
Typical Dak Hate Word Salad.... This is the type of Fluff you hear from couch athletes with participation trophies...

Empty Calories.....

Stay on the OP topic

Qcard

Reaction score
Really. Such as?

-Brice Butler's 15-yard personal foul that overturned Dak's 22 yard completion to the Green Bay 16 on the 2nd drive?
-The refs failure to call a penalty when Witten is literally tackled before he can catch Dak's 2nd quarter TD pass (a mugging noted by game commentator and documented on previous page)

Those "Dak mistakes"?
Dak Haters ignore Facts!!!

@5Stars another example of Dak Haters not addressing above Facts!! Get your Peoples!!! :lmao2:

@Hardline You asked about who are the Dak Haters??? Stop asking stupid questions!!:muttley:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Typical Dak Hate Word Salad.... This is the type of Fluff you hear from couch athletes with participation trophies...

Empty Calories.....

Stay on the OP topic
How about you offer some logic and facts other than your mindless drivel you add to any conversation?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
4th Quarter performance in the playoffs - simply doesn't get any more critical...or more EPIC.

Dak:
10-13
116 yards
8.9 yards per pass
2 TDs
1 2-point conversion
6 first down conversions
see my comments about the GB secondary. Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, etc., could have all done that.

I notice you didn't answer my question about the point of your OP. Nor have you acknowledged Dak's interception. Ignore anything that doesn't support your conclusion, heh?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Really. Such as?

Those "Dak mistakes"?
Of course not. No more than I blame those players for Dak's interception and incompletions.

T-RO

Reaction score
see my comments about the GB secondary. Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, etc., could have all done that.

I notice you didn't answer my question about the point of your OP. Nor have you acknowledged Dak's interception. Ignore anything that doesn't support your conclusion, heh?
I acknowledged Dak's and Aaron's interception on the first page of the thread.

Aaron actually had a second interception...2 minutes left in the game, by Jeff Heath. Overturned by refs who claimed another CB in the play interfered.

You say I don't have a point, then you say I ignore things that don't support my point. You are talking in circles.

Qcard

Reaction score
How about you offer some logic and facts other than your mindless drivel you add to any conversation?
@T-RO has given the Dak Haters all the FACTS but, I learned a long time ago.....Dak Hate HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL FACTS!!

My logic... Dak Haters are worthless

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Ask him where Dak was in the 1st 3 Quarters of the game where he only managed 13 pts???? :eek:
He did get the ball back when Rodgers was scoring 30 pts the same time period....... right?????
Can you even lift a football

T-RO

Reaction score
Ask him where Dak was in the 1st 3 Quarters of the game where he only managed 13 pts???? :eek:
Where was he? He was watching this 22-yard dart to the Packer 16 getting over-ruled by a bizarre Brice Butler "huddle penalty"

2ndDrive_01b.jpg

2ndDrive02.jpg

And watching a 16 yard TD pass get taken away as Witten was tackled by LB

Interf01.jpg

Interf02.jpg

Interf04.jpg

Interf05.jpg

Interf06.jpg

Interf03.jpg

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I acknowledged Dak's and Aaron's interception on the first page of the thread.

Aaron actually had a second interception...2 minutes left in the game, by Jeff Heath. Overturned by refs who claimed another CB in the play interfered.

You say I don't have a point, then you say I ignore things that don't support my point. You are talking in circles.
I asked you what your point was. I don't see where you have addressed that. Seems like it's what we all feared, an attempt at revisionist history.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Really. Such as?

Those "Dak mistakes"?
The only problem I have with this is that it can pretty much be done for every quarterback of every NFL team. That needs to be remembered. We can't elevate Dak because of other players' mistakes or officials' mistakes without doing the same for other QBs.

I don't have a problem with that since I believe too much credit or blame is put on the QB's shoulders for wins and losses, but it can create a skewed perspective if we say our QB played well enough to win and don't apply that to other QBs.

We're often somewhat lazy in our evaluations. We either just look at the statistics or look at the result and make our judgment. Doesn't matter if the QB threw a TD that was called back by holding that results in a punt, that TD is taken off the stat sheet and off the scoreboard. Doesn't matter if the receiver bats up a pass that gets interception, that interception stays counted in the QB's stats. But if we do want to rightfully credit our QB with that TD or take away that interception, then we have to do the same for the rest of the QBs.

That would be a lot of work since it goes against typical stat taking. However, since I'm not one to blame QBs for every failure by the team in a team game, I'm not too concerned about it. I do wish those who want to blame the QB for losses or just want to look at the stats would consider such things. It's rarely just the fault of the QB and a lot of times, it's not his fault at all but we still find fault because he wasn't perfect in a game where he needed to be because of team failures.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Galileo's discovery of heliocentrism, in the mid 1600's "out of date"? Is Newton's discovery of gravity in 1665 less relevant today?

Of course we aren't engaging in science like that here. We are looking at a case study. Dak Prescott vs. Aaron Rogers, 2016. Piecing the pieces together as best we can.

Can we really say one was better? (Buckle up)
Using a one game study? :facepalm:. This one will be settled when Rodgers slips into his HOF jacket.

How about we use a more recent/ appropriate comparison and put up Dak vs rookie 7th rounder Brock Purdy from last year's playoff game?

Dak : 23-37 206 yards. 1 TD 2 INTs
Purdy : 19-29 214 yards

Swagger

Reaction score
Late Monday I'll dive into this:

Who was most clutch in that 2016 playoff game: Dak or Aaron?
Well on their last drives the Cowboys either needed to milk the clock and kick a field goal to take it to overtime, score a TD to win the game with a deplorable Packers' secondary on their knees or make a rookie mistake and get the team in field position but leaving enough time on the clock for Rodgers to put his team in field position and win the game.

Given the above and which team won the game without heading into OT then the answer is clear and obvious.

T-RO

Reaction score
the Packers had one of the worst and most embarrassing secondaries in the history of the NFL play offs.
That's a valid point, which I've previously recognized. And also, for balance we gotta keep it real.

Packers 31st in yards allowed
Cowboys 26th in yards allowed

Both defenses sucked.

Also note: Packers o-line had two or three pro bowlers. Just like Cowboys o-line.

Swagger

Reaction score
That's a valid point, which I've previously recognized. And also, for balance we gotta keep it real.

Packers 31st in yards allowed
Cowboys 26th in yards allowed

Both defenses sucked.

Also note: Packers o-line had two or three pro bowlers. Just like Cowboys o-line.
Whilst both defenses sucked, the Cowboys D played ok in the second half and the Packers had a worse D and the weaker secondary. Plus the Cowboys had the superior o line. Bryant and Witten were still playing at a pro bowl level with an excellent slot receiving option in Beasley and the best running game in the league. The Cowboys had the stronger roster yet lost the game.

Prescott was fine. He played well for a rookie but he had a bucket load of quality around him on offense against a really bad defense. For me the Cowboys win the game with Romo as they target the secondary far earlier and some of the penalties may not have happened with an All Pro vet under centre. You lose a few scrambles without Prescott but with Romo you carve open the Packers' defense on every single drive given the match up against such a poor secondary.

But hey, some people don't want to hurt feelings...I prefer to win.