That Time Rookie Dak Prescott Faced Multi-MVP Aaron Rodgers - and You Didn't See It

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
-At any point in this thread have I concluded anything about current day Dak or current day Aaron? Indeed, the thread title is "That time when..." Both quarterbacks were on the same field playing under the same rules.

Please prove this contention.
No, you threw a grenade including with comments such as .... "aim the arrow towards truth". This is the very technique used by many conspiracy theorists, throw in a deductive comment and let the masses create the conclusion..... based on limited isolated stats that omit the whole data set and analysis or hypothesis.

T-RO

Reaction score
No, you threw a grenade including with comments such as .... "aim the arrow towards truth". This is the very technique used by many conspiracy theorists, throw in a deductive comment and let the masses create the conclusion..... based on limited isolated stats that omit the whole data set and analysis or hypothesis.

Busted. You caught me. I'm here to enslave the world with conspiracies that Dak Prescott played every bit as well as Aaron Rodgers...in his first playoff appearance.

Once people admit to the obvious evidence about a single football game, I can easily take over their minds and their very lives.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Is Galileo's discovery of heliocentrism, in the mid 1600's "out of date"? Is Newton's discovery of gravity in 1665 less relevant today?

Of course we aren't engaging in science like that here. We are looking at a case study. Dak Prescott vs. Aaron Rogers, 2016. Piecing the pieces together as best we can.

Can we really say one was better? (Buckle up)
The Earth is Flat so all that is out dated

NotForLong

Reaction score
Aim the arrow towards truth is used by con men and manipulators not "Conspiracy Theorists" or whatever that means

NotForLong

Reaction score
Busted. You caught me. I'm here to enslave the world with conspiracies that Dak Prescott played every bit as well as Aaron Rodgers...in his first playoff appearance.

Once people admit to the obvious evidence about a single football game, I can easily take over their minds and their very lives.

In that game I saw Dak struggle Early . . . The He went into "Dak Mode" collected some useless stats and still lost the game

One Question you Mad Scientist . . . How does Green Bay's secondary, complete with Players of the street", factor into your Comparison between QB's . . . It has to be a Factor, Correct?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
With an open mind I went to that video section in the game.

-1st down - Dak overthrow

-2nd down - Dak throws what appears to be perfect TD pass to Witten. Only Witten was tackled. Announcer said Witten was held and should have been penalty. [Images Below]

-Timeout by Jason Garrett after heavy dispute re. interference on Witten allowed play clock to get near zero

-3rd down - DB batted pass down.

Here 2 pics from play & 5 from replay:

Interf01.jpg

Interf02.jpg

Interf03.jpg

Interf04.jpg

Interf05.jpg

Interf06.jpg

Interf07.jpg
I just picked one example of a situation that favored success, yet resulted in failure. There are a few of those key situations in every game. The success or failure in those situations win or lose games and can define legacies.

For some reason, when it comes to Dak the focus is always on why the failure is not his fault, as you have done here, even to the extent of giving him credit for a perfect td pass that didn't happen. Sure, you make some valid points, but the arrow of truth seems to have a little bend in its shaft as it consistently hits left of the bullseye leaving many other valid points unrecognized.

There are reasons why the play failed that are beyond Dak's control and there are reasons why the play could have succeeded that are in Dak's control.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Oh FFS, talk about cherry picking a stat. How about the 18 points in the 4th Qtr? give me 18 points from a QB in a 4th Qtr of every game and I’ll give him $60M per year
He a troll. Look at his profile picture. He's like 5 feet tall with 6 inch heels on. I really don't even know why he talks like he does, one smack and he's flying across the room.

T-RO

Reaction score
In that game I saw Dak struggle Early . . . The He went into "Dak Mode" collected some useless stats and still lost the game
"Useless stats" = 18 points to tie the game with 34 seconds to play. Sure thing!

One Question you Mad Scientist . . . How does Green Bay's secondary, complete with Players of the street", factor into your Comparison between QB's . . . It has to be a Factor, Correct?
Sure does. Factor it in.

Qcard

Reaction score
With an open mind I went to that video section in the game.

-1st down - Dak overthrow

-2nd down - Dak throws what appears to be perfect TD pass to Witten. Only Witten was tackled. Announcer said Witten was held and should have been penalty. [Images Below]

-Timeout by Jason Garrett after heavy dispute re. interference on Witten allowed play clock to get near zero

-3rd down - DB batted pass down.

Here 2 pics from play & 5 from replay:

Interf01.jpg

Interf02.jpg

Interf03.jpg

Interf04.jpg

Interf05.jpg

Interf06.jpg

Interf07.jpg

Great Content @T-RO

Qcard

Reaction score
That, after the no-call was recorded in the fantasy of NFL football as an incompletion. Aikman suggested in his game color commentary that Witten was held on the previous play as well.

The arrow of truth is pure; flies above and beyond the distortion of corrupt NFL and its refs. The defender knew he was toast acted accordingly. That's a likely 15-yard TD pass.
:hammer:

Qcard

Reaction score
Next briefly: Cowboys second drive of game

Dallas inside GB's 40, 2nd & five.

2ndDrive01.jpg

2ndDrive_01b.jpg

2ndDrive02.jpg

The "personal foul"? Brice Butler checked into the huddle but then exited the field. Not gonna argue the call, though sure is an unusual one with harsh 15 yards assessed. Don't think I've ever seen that, w/15 yard hit, in any other NFL game ever.

Instead of 1st down on GB 16, it was 2nd and forever at midfield. Dallas ultimately punted.
Dak Haters Can't Handle the Facts!!

:espn::lmao::laugh:

Qcard

Reaction score
If you haven't been to the thread in the past 24 hours, don't miss the game pics on the previous page. :)
This Thread is an instant Classic.

Great Content buffered by FACTS!!

The Dak Haters will Goalpost Shift their way into victimhood mode "we just Eye Test"!!!:lmao:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
ok @T-RO, but what is your grand point?

Dak made mistakes early in the game that helped put us in the huge hole. Yeah, at the end of the day the numbers look ok but it still doesn't absolve the mistakes. Everyone put up numbers against that secondary if memory serves (see link below). It was a game we could of \ should of won without turnovers. That is the ultimate verdict of that game.

Nobody gave up on Dak after his first playoff game. It's the repeated falling short that has eroded his support. No recap of any one game is going to change the overall narrative of his career.

https://lombardiave.com/2017/02/05/green-bay-packers-cornerbacks/

Qcard

Reaction score

I LOVE this Forum!!!:lmao:

gtb1943

Reaction score

Dak made mistakes early in the game that helped put us in the huge hole. Yeah, at the end of the day the numbers look ok but it still doesn't absolve the mistakes. Everyone put up numbers against that secondary if memory serves (see link below). It was a game we could of \ should of won without turnovers. That is the ultimate verdict of that game.

Nobody gave up on Dak after his first playoff game. It's the repeated falling short that has eroded his support. No recap of any one game is going to change the overall narrative of his career.

watching the Dak fanboobs contort themselves finding excuses for terrible plays is fun.

The fact that they are going back to his rookie year is hilarious. Also a sad fact that he has never really improved since then.
Last year was really bad; up until then he at least took good care as regards turnovers. Now that is gone what is left?

Qcard

Reaction score

The Point is Rookie Prescott performed just as well or better than Multi MVP Aaron Rodgers in Playoff Game....

Do you need the Thesis translated into Dak Hate???

Dakota Prescott is Very Good QB/Swahili OFF:muttley:

Dak Haters narrative is isolated and minimum....you guys couldn't pack a stadium.....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The Point is Rookie Prescott performed just as well or better than Multi MVP Aaron Rodgers in Playoff Game....

Do you need the Thesis translated into Dak Hate???

Dakota Prescott is Very Good QB/Swahili OFF:muttley:
just like all other big games, he's awesome if you ignore the mistakes and failure to elevate his team in critical moments.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ask him where Dak was in the 1st 3 Quarters of the game where he only managed 13 pts???? :eek:
He did get the ball back when Rodgers was scoring 30 pts the same time period....... right?????