The Avengers

joseephuss

Reaction score
They showed this clip before the movie started:

[youtube]Ywu1DeqXTg4[/youtube]

CashMan

Reaction score
What was War Machine(Rhodes) doing during the fight scene? I don't understand why he was not in the movie.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CashMan;4565363 said:
What was War Machine(Rhodes) doing during the fight scene? I don't understand why he was not in the movie.

He was out in California where the Iron Man movies were fictitiously based?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
CashMan;4565363 said:

Afigueroa22;4565402 said:
So where was Spider-man?

I was hoping War Machine would have made an appearance, but I think the reason is because he wasn't a core member of the Avengers. I think he will make an appearance in future versions. Same with Spider Man... he wasn't an original, but I'm hoping he will appear in future movies. How amazing would it be to have all the Marvel universe characters in one movie (the Avengers, the X-Men and villains, Spider Man, War Machine, etc)? I think it is possible... Mark Ruffalo just signed a contract to appear as the Hulk in 6 more movies, so unless Marvel plans on rolling out a bunch of Hulk movies, I think he will be involved in more Avenger movies as well as appearances in other Marvel universe character movies.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Speaking of Mark Ruffalo, I think he has been the best Hulk yet out of all the previous versions. I think he stole the show out of all the Avengers. I grew up a huge Hulk fan with the Incredible Hulk TV series, and Ruffalo paid homage to the late Bill Bixby, who played Banner in the TV series, and really captured his mannerisms and personality, much better than the Eric Bana and Ed Norton versions.

mavengersfilmstillshaa1-mr.jpg
Bill%20Bixby.jpg

I was skeptical about him playing the part when it was first announced, but I must say that he has been the best to play the role so far since Bill Bixby played it, and I am excited that Marvel has contracted him to play the role in future films.

CashMan

Reaction score
JonJon;4565427 said:
I was hoping War Machine would have made an appearance, but I think the reason is because he wasn't a core member of the Avengers. I think he will make an appearance in future versions. Same with Spider Man... he wasn't an original, but I'm hoping he will appear in future movies. How amazing would it be to have all the Marvel universe characters in one movie (the Avengers, the X-Men and villains, Spider Man, War Machine, etc)? I think it is possible... Mark Ruffalo just signed a contract to appear as the Hulk in 6 more movies, so unless Marvel plans on rolling out a bunch of Hulk movies, I think he will be involved in more Avenger movies as well as appearances in other Marvel universe character movies.

The reason I asked about War Machine was, he was in the IM movies, and he used the suit before, just seemed odd. As for getting all the characters together, different studios own different ones.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JonJon;4565427 said:

They could always do a marvel secret wars story line.

For those that were not comic book readers... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
JonJon;4565427 said:

My post was a friendly joke. I don't think they will include any more characters unless they are cameos. It would get too crowded and you can only say the earth is coming to an end so many times before it gets boring.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Afigueroa22;4565402 said:
So where was Spider-man?

He hasn't been bitten by a radioactive spider yet. That happens later this summer. The real question should be where was the Fantastic 4. They are based in New York. :D

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
CashMan;4565449 said:
The reason I asked about War Machine was, he was in the IM movies, and he used the suit before, just seemed odd. As for getting all the characters together, different studios own different ones.

Afigueroa22;4565453 said:
My post was a friendly joke. I don't think they will include any more characters unless they are cameos. It would get too crowded and you can only say the earth is coming to an end so many times before it gets boring.

Good points. I do think that Spider Man and War Machine might make an appearance in future Avengers movies though since they were members in some form in the comic series.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss;4565475 said:
He hasn't been bitten by a radioactive spider yet. That happens later this summer. The real question should be where was the Fantastic 4. They are based in New York. :D
It would have been HILARIOUS if Johnny Storm had flown into a scene and stood face-to-face with Captain America. Wonder which forum member will get that the bit of irony first? :muttley:

CashMan

Reaction score
DallasEast;4565694 said:
It would have been HILARIOUS if Johnny Storm had flown into a scene and stood face-to-face with Captain America. Wonder which forum member will get that the bit of irony first? :muttley:
Chris Evans played 2 Marvel superheroes?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
CashMan;4565702 said:
Chris Evans played 2 Marvel superheroes?

Yep. He was the Human Torch in the Fantastic 4 films and Captain America.

chris-evans-torch.jpg

chris-evans-handsome-the-avengers-captain-america.jpg