The Blame Thread

Brax

Reaction score
Did the defense get off of the bus?
They got off the same bus Dak did, unfortunately the D gave up more than 20 points which happens in the NFL, I guess 4th quarter clutch didn't show up either. No hate no disrespect just a observation I guess Troy is correct accuracy is something you have or do not. SM put the game on Dak and Dak folded, pretty simple. Expect many more seasons of the same if JG and Dak are here long term.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
They got off the same bus Dak did, unfortunately the D gave up more than 20 points which happens in the NFL, I guess 4th quarter clutch didn't show up either. No hate no disrespect just a observation I guess Troy is correct accuracy is something you have or do not. SM put the game on Dak and Dak folded, pretty simple. Expect many more seasons of the same if JG and Dak are here long term.
GG bro. Have a wonderful off-season.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Offensive linemen knocking the entire defensive line on their ***** on every play is quite an effective gimmick......................
Exactly... There was no gimmick in our front 7 getting literally dragged up & down the field all game long. If that's gimmick, gimme some of that gimmick.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Exactly... There was no gimmick in our front 7 getting literally dragged up & down the field all game long. If that's gimmick, gimme some of that gimmick.

I had to keep checking the uniforms during the game last night because the plays looked like Alabama or Clemson running the ball against Tennessee Chattanooga.........

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Offensive linemen knocking the entire defensive line on their ***** on every play is quite an effective gimmick......................

True. What I shoulda said was it didn’t matter what offensive style the Rams ran last night with the way their OL dominated. They coulda run base I or proform and they still would have won. The NFL will catch up with all the shifting and misdirection. They win because they had 5 OL not miss a single game. They were great up front last night.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Zeke? How about the oline and lack of anywhere to run?
Should Zeke be devoid of all blame?
Dak was doing just fine behind that same Oline. Zeke against the 32nd ranked rush defense should have been a much larger impact, but he had a bad game.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
True. What I shoulda said was it didn’t matter what offensive style the Rams ran last night with the way their OL dominated. They coulda run base I or proform and they still would have won. The NFL will catch up with all the shifting and misdirection. They win because they had 5 OL not miss a single game. They were great up front last night.

They could have run the friggin' Wing T formation and still would have gotten 250 rushing......................

aaev84

Reaction score
Should Zeke be devoid of all blame?
Dak was doing just fine behind that same Oline. Zeke against the 32nd ranked rush defense should have been a much larger impact, but he had a bad game.
We must have watched different games or something. Maybe my depth perception is just off but it looked like the rams rbs had far better holes to run through. Maybe that is just me.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We must have watched different games or something. Maybe my depth perception is just off but it looked like the rams rbs had far better holes to run through. Maybe that is just me.

We werent talking about the Rams RBs....? Lmao.

That was a weird change of topic.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It always amazes me that people want to blame the QB for everything!!! Could Dak have performed better last night? Yes. But, in my opinion, he wasn't the primary reason we lost. For a defense that was "supposed" to be in the top 10, you would have never known that by watching that horrible display last night!!! I couldn't recognize those guys on the field!!! How do you let not one, but two, different RB's run all over the dang place!!??? To me, that's just inexcusable!!! Are our defensive coaches incapable of trying to adjust to this abomination?? It was frustrating as all heck to see them continuously running down our throats!!! I wanted to throw something at my TV, but decided that probably wouldn't be a good idea!! Linehan, is the 2nd person to blame!! The play calling was atrocious!!! I mean....this was a playoff game, for goodness sakes!!! This was a time to just throw everything out there!!! But no....same ole Linehan!!! I am with the majority of people who want him gone...like yesterday!! :mad:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Oh really? Dak personally killed multiple drives in the first half by inexplicably missing wide open receivers who could have gotten serious yardage after the catch. I wasn't aware the Defense passed the ball. The defense sucked, but Dak sucked too.
Name one QB that doesn't miss on some throws. You Dak haters want to criticize every single pass and that's just foolish. Dak balled out even though the team decided not to play. Dak didn't suck yesterday and I'm just going to start putting you haters on the ignore list when y'all say that.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Really they held them to two FG one in the 1st Quarter and one early in the 2nd quarter what was our offense doing when the D only gave up 6 on the Rams 1st 2 trips to the redzone? We missed our chance to get a decent lead and once we fell behind there was no way our enemic offense was going to score enough to beat them. 1 for 10 on 3rd downs and 3 three and outs in the game
Maybe you didn't notice but Dak went right down the field and scored a TD. Defense allowed the Rams to score on every possession. Dak is the only reason we had a chance, if the defense could only get 1 stop and allow Dak a chance to tie the game but they couldn't even do that. They allowed Goff to run 7 yards for a first down to end the game. Stop blaming Dak

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Third down conversion, or lack thereof, contributes a great deal to the other teams ability to rack up the rushing yards.

It is, in fact, a primary goal of a ball control offense such as ours. Keep their offense on the bench where they can't hurt you.

It's your position that our inability to convert third downs and maintain possession had "nothing to do with Dak"?
Not when you're running on 3rd down into a stacked box. How can you blame Dak for not picking up the first down in 3rd and 4th down when Zeke was running it?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
99% defense and coaching
1% offense

/end thread

I’ll agree more on defense, but sustained drives and points would have been a huge help to the defense and the overall team effort. Not being able to establish our running game hurt.

Coy

Reaction score
99% defense and coaching
1% offense

/end thread

So you are alright with 2 TD's in 3 and a half quarters? I'm not
Not saying we lost because of the offense obviously, but they played a much larger part than 1%