The Bums who need to go. List them

conner01

Reaction score
No player still under his rookie contract is getting cut. It’s crazy to want to cut a second year player
If I could trade dez I probably would
But for the most part never bought into the whole cut half your offense stuff

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Make a list of players who need to be replaced and if replaced would eventually make us better

Dak isn’t going anywhere until we find a replacement. And as Parcells always said, you can’t just dial 1-800-QUARTERBACK.

My list:

- Dez: sealed his fate to cap off a horrendous season - not only does he make too much money but he’s a distraction now

- Scandrick - the younger players are better

That’s it. T-Will is a fine #2. We need a TE to replace Witten and Jimmy Graham is a free agent. Draft linebackers and more offensive line and, assuming no one gets suspended and there are no major injuries, we’re playing for the NFC Championship next year.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Witten needs to retire
Linehan needs his walking papers
O Scan needs to retire

On the fence on Dez, but his salary dictates him gone or MASSIVE reduction

conner01

Reaction score
The Dak hate here is absolutely disgusting and i get the feeling im witnessing more groupthink than anything else.
Merry Christmas football geniuses
Hating on any second year player is silly
Dak has to get better and he was not as good this year as last but cutting him is just silly

Greasylake17

Reaction score
Good list. Add Tyron to it. Unless the doctors work a medical miracle, he looks close to done.

Huh looks done? He hurt his groin and only hyperextended his knee. He will be fine next year. The guy is only the best LT in all of football

links18

Reaction score
Huh looks done? He hurt his groin and only hyperextended his knee. He will be fine next year. The guy is only the best LT in all of football

He has chronic back problems that aren't likely to get better. He is a giant question mark going forward even if you want to be optimistic.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
Most of the ones wanting to get rid of Dak are the same ones praising Wentz last year. Dak has better stats this season then Wentz had last season.

Y'all made excuses for Wentz last year but yet Dak is the bum. Seems y'all just hate Dak and it doesn't matter what he does y'all will complain.

Wentz progressed.

Dak has regressed.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We need a whole new receiving core. There is zero speed on this team. Poor hands. No playmaking ability. Can't get separation. Dak would look a lot better with guys who can get open. Look at Wentz in Philly. His WRs get open a ton and he looks good because of it. His accuracy is not that great. With the right pieces around him, Dak can do good things for this team. He's been good more of his career than bad.

Witten needs to go. Spare me the life long Cowboy narrative and he can go out on his own terms. B.S. He does nothing for this team any longer. We need a TE who can stretch the field. We need WRs in general who can.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Dez
Green
Witten(he’s no bum but he should retire :(
Morris
Mayowa
Crawford
Jones
Scandrick
Butler

And If I had my way of trade Dak for a 2nd or 3rd but I know it won’t happen.

conner01

Reaction score
Dak isn’t going anywhere until we find a replacement. And as Parcells always said, you can’t just dial 1-800-QUARTERBACK.

My list:

- Dez: sealed his fate to cap off a horrendous season - not only does he make too much money but he’s a distraction now

- Scandrick - the younger players are better

That’s it. T-Will is a fine #2. We need a TE to replace Witten and Jimmy Graham is a free agent. Draft linebackers and more offensive line and, assuming no one gets suspended and there are no major injuries, we’re playing for the NFC Championship next year.
Agree on dez and scandrick
Scandrick is really no longer needed
Dez is just not as dynamic as his contract and yesterday wore on me too
Don’t think FA is where I go for a te, if RICO was truly being stashed I think we have decent blocking te’s and we have a couple of slot receivers we should use more
I would be tempted to go with what we have if written walks away but don’t think he is getting cut and really he isn’t hurting the team if Rico can play and works himself into a larger role

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Wentz progressed.

Dak has regressed.
Wentz got weapons and a creative coach.

Dak lost weapons, receivers regressed and a terrible coach with no creativity.

Foles came in and produced the same, could he actually be the pieces around them. That was the excuse last year, Dak is only good cause of his weapons and Wentz has none...... Sounds hypothetical to me

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Agree with most but think you're dead wrong on Heath. He's a huge coverage liability and this stubborn team tries to play him single high way too much, compounding the issue. The team needs to upgrade there, badly.
On that ball that landed near his cleats on the throw early in the game by Wilson, do you feel he broke late on the ball and could have had a pick if he was a little more instinctual?

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Garrett, Dez; Tyron Smith; Scandrick, and then Dez again...

Get those contracts out of here, and I doubt any one of those players EVER returns to form again. Cut ties NOW!

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
Wentz got weapons and a creative coach.

Dak lost weapons, receivers regressed and a terrible coach with no creativity.

Foles came in and produced the same, could he actually be the pieces around them. That was the excuse last year, Dak is only good cause of his weapons and Wentz has none...... Sounds hypothetical to me

Last year Dak was hitting open receivers consistently. This year he is missing them with long, short and wide throws.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
So Tom Brady doesn't miss passes or over throws players? What about Rodgers..... Just had a 3 pick game.... What about Wilson, Wentz, Goff. Name a hall of fame QB that was perfect in every throw or didn't miss a wide open guy.

I'm not saying Dak is perfect but he hasn't even finished his second season yet. The issue is coaching and play calling. Hard to see the entire field at times when guys are in your face.

Dak made some great throws yesterday but I don't see you Dak haters remembering those. He still needs developing, that's true but Dak isn't the problem with this team

In fact, Dak made a LOT of those throws in his rookie season. Because of that, you would think the logical conclusion is he’s somewhere in between the really good QB we saw his rookie year vs. the really inconsistent one we saw this year. But, for some, they will never even let that sink into their heads because, for that to happen, they would have to admit that Dez is extremely flawed (as Shannon Sharpe and Cris Carter say after almost every game) or that......ROMO WASN’T COMING BACK (if he was, why didn’t any other team sign him/convince him to keep playing)!!!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pieces to build around.

Offense
Zeke
Tyron
Martin
Frederick
L.Collins

Defense
Lawrence
Taco
Awuzie
Lewis

There isn't another player on the entire roster that I think is a must have going forward. Sean Lee is excellent and I want to keep him but I can't factor him into this kind of post when his spine could explode at any moment.

The talent level of this team is vastly overrated around here. This is not one of the better rosters in the league. Will McClay is not a savant. The Cowboys don't appear to be building anything. I'm starting to think this stacking good days thing is a bunch of bologna.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
All coaches
Dak
Green
Wilbur

Dez I keep if you can get a paycut.
Witten I keep if you play young talent as well.

Not much use for Morris either.

Probably Scandrick.

Plenty more I wouldn't mind if they were gone, but aren't must goes either.