The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

morat1959

Reaction score
For clarification: How was Cooper Rush exposed? After the 5-1 as a starter, he hasn't started since. He has played in 27 games either as a starter or relief and is 21-6. Please don't take it the wrong way, I am trying to understand. His last start was his worse one as well as statistically. Is that that where the exposed comes from?
It’s defend Dak or bust. The winning record speaks for itself. You get the same place with both if your ultimate goal is getting to the SB. I want an upgrade at starter and back-up. I’m hoping but not expecting that’s the blow up that’s coming. The book is still out on Lance. Bring in a high draft pick, a name FA and have QB competition from the beginning of camp.

morat1959

Reaction score
4-1 without Dak that's a good enough sample size to tell me this team is a QB away from a super bowl.
You nailed it and this has been the case in several seasons over the years since Troy left. JJ and company have got to put some stock in this position. I’m hoping the blow up is coming. Get Dak to agree to a trade if there’s a team out there willing!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
yeah. sure thing.
Yeah, bro.

I’m one of those Eagles fans that wants their main rival to get rid of a loser QB that has the worst playoff record ever with 5 starts and would prefer to see them try at the QB position instead of settle for losers.

Dak guarantees the Cowboys no success. So us Eagles fans want to see our main rival be an actual contender instead of fakes every year.

You realized how dumb it was calling me an Eagles fan with your last post judging by your responds , but I wanted to make sure it’s hammered in real good just how dumb it would be for an Eagles fan to want Dak gone.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah, bro.

I’m one of those Eagles fans that wants their main rival to get rid of a loser QB that has the worst playoff record ever with 5 starts and would prefer to see them try at the QB position instead of settle for losers.

Dak guarantees the Cowboys no success. So us Eagles fans want to see our main rival be an actual contender instead of fakes every year.

You realized how dumb it was calling me an Eagles fan with your last post judging by your responds , but I wanted to make sure it’s hammered in real good just how dumb it would be for an Eagles fan to want Dak gone.
sure thing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The last time we took one in the first round it didn't work out too bad
Aikman? that was under Johnson. the first over all pick. the consensus was he is elite and HOF type QB. only if that happens again.
also remember, Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Manziel....

even if we have an elite QB, I doubt we win or even get to the championship with Jerry at the helm

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Aikman? that was under Johnson. the first over all pick. the consensus was he is elite and HOF type QB. only if that happens again.
also remember, Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Manziel....

even if we have an elite QB, I doubt we win or even get to the championship with Jerry at the helm
So which is it? Is Jerry a total moron and wanted to draft Johnny Football or is he not the one calling the shots? I have a hard time understanding how he both is the final authority and was dead set on picking the guy.....yet he didn't get picked.

That and the Paxton Lynch situation are both pretty ridiculous in my opinion. No other franchise gets hate for passing on bad players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So which is it? Is Jerry a total moron and wanted to draft Johnny Football or is he not the one calling the shots? I have a hard time understanding how he both is the final authority and was dead set on picking the guy.....yet he didn't get picked.

That and the Paxton Lynch situation are both pretty ridiculous in my opinion. No other franchise gets hate for passing on bad players.
Jerry is a total moron. without Johnson he hasn't done squat. yeah, people will point to Switzer, whose team was stocked with Johnson Players.

the fact is that he wanted to pick Manziel. he was trying to trade up to get Lynch. we got lucky in both cases when one they convinced him not to, second the other team didn't take the trade.

he is the final authority as a GM. he builds the organization. including scouting. he is thus accountable for the outcome. when he had Johnson, he listened to johnson, took a back seat and we won championships. since then he went to the front seat, making all the decisions and we have sucked. you can't argue with the results. that's the ultimate judgement of a GM.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You mean the same defense you blamed Dak for losing? He was 5-0 in his first 5 starts and Dak Stan’s claim it was “the defense” of “the tape”. Dak couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn when throwing the Cooper in 2021, but Rush found him 8 times for over 130 yards and the game winning TD.

What scouting was that? He got off to a poor start against the Eagles on an aggressive o game plan. Even after a poor start, he, unlike Dak, didn’t fold and start putting up garbage stats like Dak does when the fans is over. He got them to 20-17 with a FULL QUARTER to play, after being down 20-0 at the half, but the Dallas defense got abused for a close to 8 minute drive.

Anybody watching the Rush throw, showed hd was way quicker at getting through his progressions than the brainiac that is Dak…

And the kicker is, Rush is a noodle-arm backup. He essentially did what Dak was doing in 2016…
Soooo...if you think Rush is better than Dak...why wasn't he offered a bigger contract AND a starting job somewhere else?

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You are funny. You obviously don't understand what words mean or what is occurring on the field or both.

Might want to consider that like 98% of his previous supporters have seen enough to move on. The fact that you are in the 2% should be cause for self reflection. Good luck.
Don't deflect cause you don't know football. And you know if you answered that question....checkmate! Have a good one! Next time know your stuff.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Don't deflect cause you don't know football. And you know if you answered that question....checkmate! Have a good one! Next time know your stuff.
NmxkYzIuanBn

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You're trying to give Dak full credit for garbage points but it doesn't work like that. Dak threw 2 interceptions in the first half, the defense didn't do that Dak did (one a pick 6) He scored 0 points until nearly half time. You can't blame it all on the defense because every time the other team scores you get the ball back and he did nothing with it. 99% of the time when you're losing by 27 points at any point of the game you're just going to lose. Yes the defense stunk, but so did Dak and he doesn't get a pass like you're trying to give him.

Dak does that a lot scores a lot of garbage time points it's not the same as scoring when the game is even. He also stunk against San Francisco 2 playoffs in a row. 2-5 in the playoffs is tied for the worst record of any QB ever. Stop trying to blame it 100% on the defense, Dak plays good in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs.

You have some kind of false confidence in him that no one else does, he's not winning any Super Bowls. The pressure gets to him it's why a playoff game is not the same as a regular season game. Good in the regular season does not automatically equal good in the playoffs.

There's a saying "when someone shows you who they are, believe them" Dak has shown everyone who he is, it's just some people like you refuse to believe it. The majority of us want him gone.

This team is even further away from being a Super Bowl team than it was in January. There is zero point to giving Dak a huge extension.
Garbage points? How many times did he sit out in the 4th qtr? And he still led the league in the NFL in TDs. And before ;you say it was against weak teams....one, he didn't choose the schedule. Two, any team can beat any team on any given Sunday. Dak has shown who he is....an MVP finalist. So yes I do believe him. I can't help it you don't know how to evaluate a QB. And I don't have a false confidence. He's a top 10 QB in the league that if the WHOLE team is clicking at the right time....can win a SB. On any team in high school, college or the pros can a QB beat an entire team by himself. I promise you that!

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
well if he's traded you're probably not going to get a decent QB in this draft or next years draft..so unless lance sets the world on fire...it may be a long next couple seasons...but with that said, I highly doubt he's traded.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Depending on what we get in return, trading Dak to the Raiders could be the best thing that happened to the Cowboys since winning their 5th Super Bowl title. Trey Lance can lead this team, he just needs the opportunity.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Soooo...if you think Rush is better than Dak...why wasn't he offered a bigger contract AND a starting job somewhere else?
actually he was on PS and anybody could have signed him. yet nobody did. no one has even made a trade offer, because Rush is a fantasy in their heads.