The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I've read some wacky stuff on this site.

but if I'm handing out an award for the nuttiest....

The Oscar goes to......................................... Romo was a better QB than Aikman !!

He’s not, and it’s not even close. I know Troy says otherwise, but this fan will never get behind it. Dandy Don, and Roger are the only other 2 in that convo.

I’d lump Romo with White and Dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not, and it’s not even close. I know Troy says otherwise, but this fan will never get behind it. Dandy Don, and Roger are the only other 2 in that convo.

I’d lump Romo with White and Dak.
Dak is not even close to being in the same QB class as White and Romo.
Talent wise that is................

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Romo couldn't throw slants or crosses. And was also very slow in going through progressions/reading D's. Very very little difference. Romo crapped the bed in the playoffs also.
He did look better doing it though. lol

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yes. I do.

It’s simple.

Trade is the same cap hit as a cut.

Jerry wants draft picks.

The no trade / no tag clause is meaningless.

Jerry has all the leverage.

He always has.
I wouldnt say Jerry has 'ALL the Leverage', but he certainly has some, with the option of the post-June cut being a factor. If we enact this cut (especially if we do it late), it'll mean Dak's $29m out of pocket this year....WITH NO TEAM WITH $29M spare cash to pay him, if his intention is to hit Free Agency in 2025. None of the teams with any serious CAP space isnt in a 2024 ALL-IN scenario.

The Raiders may have the Need and 'spare money', but id imagine they'd look to the draft and wait on Dak to become a FA, rather than spend their remaining $19m on one year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldnt say Jerry has 'ALL the Leverage', but he certainly has some, with the option of the post-June cut being a factor. If we enact this cut (especially if we do it late), it'll mean Dak's $29m out of pocket this year....WITH NO TEAM WITH $29M spare cash to pay him, if his intention is to hit Free Agency in 2025. None of the teams with any serious CAP space isnt in a 2024 ALL-IN scenario.

The Raiders may have the Need and 'spare money', but id imagine they'd look to the draft and wait on Dak to become a FA, rather than spend their remaining $19m on one year.
Jerry should post June 1st cut his @@@ just to get his pound of flesh back.
Let's see after the Draft how many teams will be open to paying Inepto Prestrash 50 + million a year?????????????
Common Jerry the bum deserves it big time!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol...you Dak haters have to put words in my mouth to make yourself sound good....lol. Maaan...listen. Learn the game bro. You'll have a better argument.
So essentially the defense was great the past two years, but Dak sucked, so the defense took the example of Dak and sucked just like him, “their leader”, this year..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
wow. I am so disappointed in this weak minded defense. the Chiefs, with Mahomes scored 3 points in the first half of superbowl. the defense, didn't give up or become weak minded. they hung in there. but our defense just collapsed, gave up and went soft because Dak didn't start hot. if you don't see an issue with that, then you have no idea.
The understatement of the year.

AKA, a weak minded defense of the indefensible.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The understatement of the year.

AKA, a weak minded defense of the indefensible.
so Mahomes and their offense scored 3 points in first half of the superbowl. is that indefensible?
first quarter they hold the ball for all of 4 minutes
first half they pass for about 120, 53 of which came in the last 2 minutes when they were down 10-0.

so did their defense give up? fold? no, they tightened up. played hard. didn't fold.
there is 100s of examples like that, but no, our team is so weak minded when the average QB doesn't start hot, they just pack it and go home.

awsome.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes. I do.

It’s simple.

Trade is the same cap hit as a cut.

Jerry wants draft picks.

The no trade / no tag clause is meaningless.

Jerry has all the leverage.

He always has.
how does jerry have all the leverage if Dak has the contract that says no trade? and Jerry wants the draft picks!!!

I am trying to think like a 2nd grade girl logic. see if it works.

kskboys

Reaction score
None of that is true. And he only “crapped the bed” in the Minnesota game. But so did the rest of the team.
If you're looking at it through Romo Homer glasses, sure. He was pretty bad at them, consistently throwing behind the WR. Something to do w/ spatial recognition in his brain or something. I never could pinpoint why he wasn't good at them, but there's no doubt about it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I've read some wacky stuff on this site.

but if I'm handing out an award for the nuttiest....

The Oscar goes to......................................... Romo was a better QB than Aikman !!
Yeah, that calls for one's football card to be taken away.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dak is not even close to being in the same QB class as White and Romo.
Talent wise that is................

It’s just the tier I’d put them in. Dak, White, and Romo are similar players and how their careers will end. Now the differences can be debated, but as far as I’m concerned those are the 2 tiers and the rest? Will not worth putting them in tiers.

kskboys

Reaction score
so Mahomes and their offense scored 3 points in first half of the superbowl. is that indefensible?
first quarter they hold the ball for all of 4 minutes
first half they pass for about 120, 53 of which came in the last 2 minutes when they were down 10-0.

so did their defense give up? fold? no, they tightened up. played hard. didn't fold.
there is 100s of examples like that, but no, our team is so weak minded when the average QB doesn't start hot, they just pack it and go home.

awsome.
Not weak minded, weak manned. We have glaring holes. Those holes get covered up against weaker teams, but playoff teams abuse them. The D players kept playing hard, they simply were out manned.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s just the tier I’d put them in. Dak, White, and Romo are similar players and how their careers will end. Now the differences can be debated, but as far as I’m concerned those are the 2 tiers and the rest? Will not worth putting them in tiers.
Yeah, there's just not all that much difference between the 3.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Its a team game"....until its not.