The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

kskboys

Reaction score
Mentally massive difference between the 2.
MASSIVE............also Romo was more accurate and had better pocket awr.
Romo couldn't throw slants or crosses. And was also very slow in going through progressions/reading D's. Very very little difference. Romo crapped the bed in the playoffs also.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
excuses, excuses excuses. if Dalton is better than Dak, why are you making so many excuses for him, like Schultz dropping a pass or fumble or something.

and this Rush guy, the same guy who cowboys cut, then giants cut. he was available. we actually put him on practice squat and 31 teams could have just picked him up. and nobody and I mean nobody did. not even for a back up position.

you are sinking dude. you are sinking fast.
The point is both of those guys had similar production to QB1 without costing 1/4 of the cap space. What do you suppose this team could do with $60m this offseason? Lamb would have his new deal. They'd have the flexibility to not have to worry about whether they can resign Parsons next offseason. Throw in a couple of trench players and clean up LB. Maybe even sign that starting RB that we still don't have.

It's foolish to believe Dak is a bad QB. The question you need to be asking yourself would be is he worth losing either/both of 11 or 88, because that's the reality of it. Bear in mind, none of these guys to include QB1 have won anything of substance in the NFL. Even if they found a way to fit everyone under the cap, they wouldn't have the cash to fill out a competitive roster. The illusion of the "fake cap" is just that. Philly is regressing. Cincy is losing talent, as is Buffalo, LAC, even KC had to let go of Tyreek Hill. Baltimore isn't far behind and SF will have to deal with the same problem in a couple of years. What do these teams have in common?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I loved Aikman. But....truth be told, Aikman was not as good as you think until he got a good coaching staff and a damn good team...offense and defense. Before he got that.....horrible. Don't believe me on that either....look at Aikman's stats
Dak never had a team as bad as the late 80s, early 90s Cowboys. However, did lead the NFL in interceptions two years ago on a 12-5 team. Makes ya wonder...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The point is both of those guys had similar production to QB1 without costing 1/4 of the cap space. What do you suppose this team could do with $60m this offseason? Lamb would have his new deal. They'd have the flexibility to not have to worry about whether they can resign Parsons next offseason. Throw in a couple of trench players and clean up LB. Maybe even sign that starting RB that we still don't have.

It's foolish to believe Dak is a bad QB. The question you need to be asking yourself would be is he worth losing either/both of 11 or 88, because that's the reality of it. Bear in mind, none of these guys to include QB1 have won anything of substance in the NFL. Even if they found a way to fit everyone under the cap, they wouldn't have the cash to fill out a competitive roster. The illusion of the "fake cap" is just that. Philly is regressing. Cincy is losing talent, as is Buffalo, LAC, even KC had to let go of Tyreek Hill. Baltimore isn't far behind and SF will have to deal with the same problem in a couple of years. What do these teams have in common?
what do you think they would do? last year cowboys had 15M left on the cap? what did they do? they year before they had 20M on the cap? what did the cowboys do.

this mythical we sign FAs left and right is just that a myth. nobody builds a team via FA.

and if cowboys wanted to, they could easily redo Dak, then sign Lamb and Micah. in the past with Dak on the books, large contract and all, we had Lawrence as top 10 DL paid, Tyron, signed Cooper (and stupidly traded him for a 5th), signed Zeke, signed Martin, signed Diggs, how many top 5 contracts do you want on the team?

and so you can catch up, 3 years ago, Dak cap hit was 17, two years ago it was 19 and last year 26....at some point all teams have to make a decision as the one thing every team does is push cap to the future. at some point everybody has to pay. either extend or eat it up and rebuild. we are at that point. eat it up. and rebuild.

again, his cap hit this year is 60M, could easily extend and make it 20M and resign both Lamb and Micah. the question is as I said, we are at that point. do you extend? or do you eat it up and move on.

btw, didn't philly just sign up a whole bunch of FAs......
teams make decisions. KC had a smart GM, they let tyreek walk because he was above what they were willing to pay. guess what. he was right, they won superbowls without Tyreek.

every team will have a window of opportunity and then they lose players. the problem is we had a horrible draft last year. and have minimal picks this year.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Take the QB with less INT's. Dak's INT % is lower than Cousins career wise.
I'd take Dak if the playoffs started in October.

I'd be curious whose INT was better in the playoffs where it really counts. Dak hands out INTs in the playoffs like candy on Halloween

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
what do you think they would do? last year cowboys had 15M left on the cap? what did they do? they year before they had 20M on the cap? what did the cowboys do.

this mythical we sign FAs left and right is just that a myth. nobody builds a team via FA.

and if cowboys wanted to, they could easily redo Dak, then sign Lamb and Micah. in the past with Dak on the books, large contract and all, we had Lawrence as top 10 DL paid, Tyron, signed Cooper (and stupidly traded him for a 5th), signed Zeke, signed Martin, signed Diggs, how many top 5 contracts do you want on the team?

and so you can catch up, 3 years ago, Dak cap hit was 17, two years ago it was 19 and last year 26....at some point all teams have to make a decision as the one thing every team does is push cap to the future. at some point everybody has to pay. either extend or eat it up and rebuild. we are at that point. eat it up. and rebuild.

again, his cap hit this year is 60M, could easily extend and make it 20M and resign both Lamb and Micah. the question is as I said, we are at that point. do you extend? or do you eat it up and move on.

btw, didn't philly just sign up a whole bunch of FAs......
teams make decisions. KC had a smart GM, they let tyreek walk because he was above what they were willing to pay. guess what. he was right, they won superbowls without Tyreek.

every team will have a window of opportunity and then they lose players. the problem is we had a horrible draft last year. and have minimal picks this year.
Philly did sign some guys, after they trashed most of their defense the last two years. They're fading rapidly. KC traded Hill because he was going to break the bank. It was a shrewd move, but Mahommes proved he can make it work without a true #1. Dak was given that opportunity when Dez left, and failed. He had a chance at redemption after Cooper left, and led the league in interceptions, despite missing time....that was with Lamb on the roster.

So what do you do? If Dak needs Lamb or somebody similar,, as well as a strong #2, you're either looking at breaking the bank for Lamb, or drafting receiver high every 2 or 3 years and hoping to hit gold every time. Not sustainable. If you resign Lamb, Parsons is as good as gone. Maybe they can fit all three, but again, you gut the rest of the roster in doing so. If this core can't win with these guys on cheap deals, how do you expect they'll do on record deals?

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Ah so the 49ers were a better team? Sounds like an excuse. Didn’t Dak throw a pick, gifting the 49ers a FG just last year in the playoffs and the defense held thr 49ers to 3?

So Dak is incredible per you, as the stats say it, but he lost to Purdy and Jimmy G? And the same stats say that Dallas had a better defense than the 49ers with JG and still lost? Dak had 2 picks last year.. So which is it?
Lol...you Dak haters have to put words in my mouth to make yourself sound good....lol. Maaan...listen. Learn the game bro. You'll have a better argument.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dak never had a team as bad as the late 80s, early 90s Cowboys. However, did lead the NFL in interceptions two years ago on a 12-5 team. Makes ya wonder...
One year Dak lead the league in ints. He lead the league in TDs this year! Mention that! And no he didn't have a bad of a team as Aikman. My point in that is, you guys think Dak is supposed to win the game by himself. I bring Aikman up because since some of you think he's the QB god of Dallas, he couldn't do it. And NO QB would have beat GB if that defense would have played the way they played in that playoff game.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I've read some wacky stuff on this site.

but if I'm handing out an award for the nuttiest....

The Oscar goes to......................................... Romo was a better QB than Aikman !!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
His o-line was non-existent in that game, I remember him running for his life all day. I dont know if crapping the bed applies here either, I’d give Tony a pass.
It was reminiscent of dak in the Atlanta game. Those 2 games stick out so bad for O-line play. I can’t think of 2 worse games. Both of them get passes for those performances.