The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

khiladi

Reaction score
In a proposed trade, USA Today’s Cowboys site foresees Dallas trading away star quarterback to the Raiders for a sizable package that would allow the Cowboys to dive deep into a rebuild.

The package in question? Well, it’s based on what the Lions got in return for Matthew Stafford when they dealt him to the Rams for Jared Goff. The Dallas Cowboys would get back Aidan O’Connell, who was a rookie last season and took over as the starter at midseason. They’d also get the No. 13 pick in this year’s draft, the Raiders’ second-rounder (44th overall), and their fourth-rounder (112th).
I’m surprised we’d even get a bag of chips for Dak…

Proof

Reaction score
Tell me what incentive Dak has to accept a trade to a team largely considered a non-playoff caliber team, and I'll at least start to listen.

This is so irrational, but so timely... we have nothing better to talk about, of course. :D
Out of Dallas. Like Tyron :(

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A trade helps Dak.

He can keep his base.

Dallas can just do a Post June 1 cut. Same as a trade. Either way. He goes.

POST-6/1 RELEASE
2024 Dead Cap: $26,455,000
2025 Dead Cap: $40,460,000
2024 Cap Savings: $29,000,000

POST-6/1 TRADE
2024 Dead Cap: $26,455,000
2025 Dead Cap: $40,460,000
2024 Cap Savings: $29,000,000
They can't designate him a June 1 trade, like you can with the release.

They would literally have to trade him June 1 or later, which means the Cowboys would miss out on this year's draft picks.

HanD

Reaction score
In a proposed trade, USA Today’s Cowboys site foresees Dallas trading away star quarterback to the Raiders for a sizable package that would allow the Cowboys to dive deep into a rebuild.

The package in question? Well, it’s based on what the Lions got in return for Matthew Stafford when they dealt him to the Rams for Jared Goff. The Dallas Cowboys would get back Aidan O’Connell, who was a rookie last season and took over as the starter at midseason. They’d also get the No. 13 pick in this year’s draft, the Raiders’ second-rounder (44th overall), and their fourth-rounder (112th).
where do i sign up?!?! even if it was minshew instead of AO. if there were any legs to the video, they said 4 picks. i wonder if we take a couple picks next year in lieu of one this year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Then why aren't you addressing the defense. Last I checked and the last I played, it was still 11 on defense and 11 on offense. Since when......has the QB beat a team by himself? And yes....I want it to happen to prove I'm right. You guys are putting your focus on just one player....like everyone else...including coaches, have played and coached perfect. You think it's trouble now....get rid of Dak and let's see how that works out. Lol
I said this years ago…. We will be wasting a talented roster training the Jason Garrett project at QB and when that roster is depleted and Dak loses once again, his fanboys will start re-cycling the excuses. We heard it with the OL and now the defense. The defense was number 1 in scoring and TOs two years in a row. Zeke and Pollard at one point we were the best 1-2 combination in the league.

Dak fans got to pretend 7 years prior to last year didn’t exist, even if we somehow blame the defense last year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
WHo is the carton show, are they even a relevant show with relevant hosts that know a lot of buzz/sources?????
Just a guy who became popular on New York City area radio sports talk that now tries to build a national reputation on TV by mocking the Cowboys and Lakers every chance he gets.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not sure if there's an ounce of validity to this article or rumor. The issue with modern day "media" or content-creators is that anyone can post anything.

Let's say for the sake of argument, there were conversations between the two teams.

What would be your (realistic) trade expectation for Dak?

Raiders 2024 picks:
  • Round 1, Pick 13
  • Round 2, Pick 44
  • Round 3, Pick 77
  • Round 4, Pick 112
  • Round 5, Pick 148
  • Round 6, Pick 208 (from KC)
  • Round 7, Pick 223 (from NE)
  • Round 7, Pick 229 (from MIN)
https://www.raiders.com/team/players-roster/

Personally, I do not want Aidan O'Connell. He's not awful, but he's the type of QB I could see the Cowboys believing could be a guy and the team would waste 2 years finding out he's not elite.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around​

This Carton person must be taking the special drugs.

HanD

Reaction score
Not sure if there's an ounce of validity to this article or rumor. The issue with modern day "media" or content-creators is that anyone can post anything.

Let's say for the sake of argument, there were conversations between the two teams.

What would be your (realistic) trade expectation for Dak?

Raiders 2024 picks:
  • Round 1, Pick 13
  • Round 2, Pick 44
  • Round 3, Pick 77
  • Round 4, Pick 112
  • Round 5, Pick 148
  • Round 6, Pick 208 (from KC)
  • Round 7, Pick 223 (from NE)
  • Round 7, Pick 229 (from MIN)
https://www.raiders.com/team/players-roster/

Personally, I do not want Aidan O'Connell. He's not awful, but he's the type of QB I could see the Cowboys believing could be a guy and the team would waste 2 years finding out he's not elite.
minshew would keep us competitive now imo.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
If there is an opportunity to trade him, you do it. Letting him go away for nothing but a comp 3rd is dumb, get something a solitary 2nd, whatever.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They can't designate him a June 1 trade, like you can with the release.

They would literally have to trade him June 1 or later, which means the Cowboys would miss out on this year's draft picks.
Id rather get 2025 and 2026 picks. Its unlikely we will be able to draft a legit QB this year. There best bet is tear down for 2026 when they can draft Arch