The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

Chasing6

Reaction score
He looks good with the Silver and Black............ Common Jerry make Prestrash a Presraider to pillage and conquer the NFL waters baby!!!! :muttley:

Why would it even matter if it is a legit rumor?

Dak will not approve it. End of story.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You realize that Trent Dilfer was the 30th ranked QB in terms of salary that year?

So unless you think Dak can be convinced to cut his salary similarly in order for the team to load up on defense like the Ravens, then your point is irrelevant. This will never happen because Dak has always been about himself and the bag.
Lol...now it's the salary. Do you realize Philly can pay whomever they want with the same salary cap? So can Dallas. And besides if you can play football...you can play football. If you can't....you can't, no matter what the salary is.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I was told never to trust people who know the answers to questions they ask who are only looking for a “gotcha” answer. Really, The only person you’re arguing with is yourself, nobody is making the point you’re trying to tie them down to…..UNO! Carry on!
Lol...I'm not arguing at all. Simply asked a question you couldn't answer. Maybe next time.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You realize that Trent Dilfer was the 30th ranked QB in terms of salary that year?

So unless you think Dak can be convinced to cut his salary similarly in order for the team to load up on defense like the Ravens, then your point is irrelevant. This will never happen because Dak has always been about himself and the bag.
Dallas had that chance to load up on defense on Dak's rookie deal...they didn't. What makes you think they'll do it on another QB ranked 30th in salary?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dallas had that chance to load up on defense on Dak's rookie deal...they didn't. What makes you think they'll do it on another QB ranked 30th in salary?
Go back and look at the Dead cap space.

Was Romo getting paid when Dak was a rookie?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Lol...now it's the salary. Do you realize Philly can pay whomever they want with the same salary cap? So can Dallas. And besides if you can play football...you can play football. If you can't....you can't, no matter what the salary is.
“Now”? It’s been salaries ever since free agency and the salary cap started in the NFL which introduced the idea of parity. Teams can’t just load up on talent anymore and buy whatever players they want to win SBs. Also, what does Philly have to do with your claim about Trent Dilfer and the Ravens? Follow the train of an argument.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny how you want to compare Dak's playoff results matched up with our Defense results from the regular season.

Do you see a problem there somewhere?

Now let's try it the other way and see how it works out.

Dallas worst defense in the playoff history gives up 7 TD's in 7 drives. While their QB lead the league with the 36 TD's, 4,500 yards, damn near 70% completion % and 105 rating in the regular season.

You mean training the Jason Garrett of QBs, Dak blew the SB window they’ve had multiple times including when the 49ers only put up 23 and 17?

So when the defense held the 49ers to 3, after Dak decided to throw it right to the DB, which was stuck to Gallup like glue, it was obviously the defense’s fault, just like the pick 6 and the INT in GB scoring territory that led to a TD this year..

It’s almost that you kept repeating GB, GB, GB, ignoring 8 years of being a scrub and padding stats against bum teams..

khiladi

Reaction score

Dak Haters...Juanyeh Thomas has a message!!:lmao:

Winston threw for over 5000 yards.. also yards don’t equal points.. and about 1000 of them this year were when GB inserted their second string defense and played prevent when up 44-16 with 6 minutes left in the 4th…

csirl

Reaction score
People should stop this Trent Dilfer stuff. The rules have changed significantly since then - much more pass orientated. Dilfers Ravens wouldnt win a SB today.

The Cowboys roster of the past 2 seasons was good enough to win a SB with the right QB.

As for Dak on the "89 Cowboys - he'd be in the emergency room of the local hospital very quickly. You could kill a QB on the field in those days. Aikman waa lucky enough to be great at reading on the fly and had a quick release. Even so, he still got injured. Could you imagine Dak frozen in the backfield against a Philthy D with a cash bounty on his head?

Qcard

Reaction score
Winston threw for over 5000 yards.. also yards don’t equal points.. and about 1000 of them this year were when GB inserted their second string defense and played prevent when up 44-16 with 6 minutes left in the 4th…
Juanyeh Thomas: Shut Up....Dak Haters!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
People should stop this Trent Dilfer stuff. The rules have changed significantly since then - much more pass orientated. Dilfers Ravens wouldnt win a SB today.
Honestly I think that's a very interesting debate. That 2000 Ravens defense is still probably really good but not elite by todays rules and style of play, but on the flip side it's a lot easier to play QB and WR in todays game so Dilfer is probably more than the 6.6 Y/A guy he was in 2000. If the Wentz/Foles combo could win a super bowl in the modern version of the game, I'm not sure why Dilfer couldn't with an elite supporting cast as well.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If GM Jethro did build a team, Dak would still choke.

It’s just the same “if then” except the positive possibilities and the negative actualities are on the different personalities.

Your point is irrelevant just like “Dorsett’s”. The probability is slim to none that anyone (including Jethro) is building a 2000 Ravens defense with a top ten paid QB in this day and age.
You're right, your point is relevant. Good one.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Go back and look at the Dead cap space.

Was Romo getting paid when Dak was a rookie?
Again....look at the Eagles and almost every other team. They can get who they want. What the problem is, Jerry doesn't like to trade or free agent much. He likes to homegrown them.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
“Now”? It’s been salaries ever since free agency and the salary cap started in the NFL which introduced the idea of parity. Teams can’t just load up on talent anymore and buy whatever players they want to win SBs. Also, what does Philly have to do with your claim about Trent Dilfer and the Ravens? Follow the train of an argument.
It's not about loading up on talent. But....any team can get WHOM they want.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This all started because of the suggestion that Dak could feasibly earn the "Matt Stafford trade haul".

Matt Stafford earned that huge haul for Detroit, because other NFL teams valued his skill, and his arm talent, THAT much.

No team ever offered Minny a king's ransom like that for Kirk Cousins, because they considered him a bus driver. I think no team will offer that for Dak, or ANYTHING remotely close to it, because I don't think teams view him as being elite, having an elite arm, or having any elite traits at all.

But we don't have to argue this....because the NFL will show us who is right. Either Dallas will be offered some huge mega package, or they won't.
Yes I understand your point now. The thing is I think the Lions got a ransom for Stafford so that could serve as a cautionary tale for teams going forward. The way the Cowboys do business, they are either going to overpay Dak because they wait too long, or end up getting less in a trade by doing the same.

I mean Dak is coming off a season leading the NFL in touchdown passes. If Dallas wanted to move on, this is the offseason they should have done it. Instead they wander around without a plan but this is getting into another subject- the Jones boys.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Again....look at the Eagles and almost every other team. They can get who they want. What the problem is, Jerry doesn't like to trade or free agent much. He likes to homegrown them.
When you consistently spend 10%+ in dead money it can make it challenging.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes I understand your point now. The thing is I think the Lions got a ransom for Stafford so that could serve as a cautionary tale for teams going forward. The way the Cowboys do business, they are either going to overpay Dak because they wait too long, or end up getting less in a trade by doing the same.

I mean Dak is coming off a season leading the NFL in touchdown passes. If Dallas wanted to move on, this is the offseason they should have done it. Instead they wander around without a plan but this is getting into another subject- the Jones boys.
All true.

It’s quite plausible that one of the Joneses called France recently (jeez I certainly hope they did) and were told they are looking for 55-60 per over four years with a full no trade. If not, they will just play out the year and go to free agency. That is not some outrageous guess.

At that point, what is the team supposed to do? If you’re not getting him at a discount they may as well let him play out the year and see what happens.

The inability to tag him is a huge factor.

The Jerry Jones I know is extremely vindictive and just may be resisting the idea of adding help just to spite Prescott….music to the ears of the kid.

I don’t think they would begin using free agency even if they get him cheap, and at this point the whole thing is such a mismanaged clown show it’s embarrassing….and also predictable that they will be caving in March regardless of the outcome of this season.

The roster needs a rebuild and the people in charge aren’t capable or qualified. So, we all sit here and lose while they count their money. It’s no longer fun.