The Carton Show: Rumors of Dak Prescott being traded to the Raiders are floating around

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Please let this happen! What makes me think it’s total BS is the 4 draft picks and Minshew. Is there really a team in the league that’s dumb enough to give up more than a 2 and a 4 for dumb Dak.

Yes.

Teams trade first round picks for guys like Sam Bradford.

Teams are shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars to guys like Kirk Cousins.

Some team would give the Cowboys a first round pick for Prescott instantly.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
In a proposed trade, USA Today’s Cowboys site foresees Dallas trading away star quarterback to the Raiders for a sizable package that would allow the Cowboys to dive deep into a rebuild.

The package in question? Well, it’s based on what the Lions got in return for Matthew Stafford when they dealt him to the Rams for Jared Goff. The Dallas Cowboys would get back Aidan O’Connell, who was a rookie last season and took over as the starter at midseason. They’d also get the No. 13 pick in this year’s draft, the Raiders’ second-rounder (44th overall), and their fourth-rounder (112th).

Jerry if you’re listening….

Could you please pick up the phone call Todd, Dak and let them know you’ve got a package that’s suitable for all, and to lift his NTC.

Thanks!

_sturt_

Reaction score
$$$$

If Jerry says 60m$ a year is out of their budget, but LV says he gets 5y 300m the day he’s traded, why would Dak say no?
Going to grant you that there is always the possibility that a team can say to its player and his agent, "You can go out there and see if you can find a team that will make a deal with you and with us that is acceptable to us both... have at it."

Yes. Is it in the universe of what is possible. Absolutely.

But in a Lloyd Christmas kinda way... "So you're saying there's a chance?!?"

It is not in the universe of what is likely, and I think you know that, or most of us do whether we're anxious to admit it or not.

I'm not reading all these posts in this thread, so forgive me that I'm almost certainly only repeating in different words what so many others led by critical thought are saying...

First, sure, there's some outrageous numbers--in terms of guaranteed money and years--that would satisfy Dak and his agent... one that obviously does not satisfy the Joneses. It is a number that Dak and his agent envision as the most they can possibly hope to attain in free agency next off-season. Is it likely that a team will offer that? Certainly possible. But more likely than not? Nah.

Second, sure, there's some outrageous compensation that would satisfy the Joneses... one that obviously would serve as further discouragement to whatever team that might be that would be willing to offer an outrageous number contract. Certainly possible a team will offer that, but again, more likely than not? Nah.

"There's a chance?" Yes, there's a chance, Lloyd.

For the rest of us less driven by our lusts and wannas and emotions... nah, this is too unlikely to be giving any serious attention, given all the considerations and all the self-interests in the mix.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your right.....for his personal fans it personal, but for objective Cowboys fans, we are ready for change.

Oh how I wish that Jerry would move up and draft Jayden Daniels.....it would make my year!
Yall would hate Daniel’s soon as he threw a pass at someone ankles and yall would cry how he’s not accurate and can’t read a defense lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Any sports fan from the NY area knows Carton and his schtick of stretching the truth.

He covers himself up front by saying he isn’t saying there any truth to it. Why listen thereafter?

He was recently given his own TV show for big money and he needs to call attention to it. I’m sure it’s not doing all that well. He is a morning radio type guy who happens to have done it on a sports station.

Talented guy, and I don’t have a dislike for him, but I promise there’s nothing to this. He would say things like this constantly just to rile up callers and it was all considered entertainment.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Was he an alcoholic and slurring on-air back then too?
I didn't hear that, but it was a morning show...lol.

He was the sports version of Howard Stern, he was a "shock" morning sports guy, with Boomer playing the adult/tough guy role.

I got sick of them because I'm a Yankees fan and they were both Mets fans, which should tell you something else about the idiot...lol

Having said that, I hope he's actually right this time!