The case for going for Lawrence

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Has it ever occurred to you that fandom is questioned because of repeatedly and often times being proud of the negative things that are said. Has it ever occurred to you that things said by those who claim to be fans is exactly what is said by the fans of arch rival teams and knowing they aren't Cowboys fans, how is it being a Cowboys fan saying the same things here?
That’s what we call critical thinking .
Often our competitors see our weaknesses and flaws better than we can.

And it’s difficult for some to critic their own kids. Not everyone has the ability to separate their hearts from their minds.

There’s all types of fans. If you want to cheer in our ownership and franchise without taking criticism that’s fine but there is a segment of fans who embrace the discussion on how they see in improving. That’s a big part of social media. It’s an open discussion. No one is absolutely right or wrong.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's funny because I get responses that make it sound like if I don't agree with what a person says that I shouldn't be commenting here. I keep hearing that this is a place to discuss things but the implication is discuss their views on things and if you have a different one then keep it to yourself.
We welcome your viewpoint but you seem to get frustrated when it doesn’t sway others resorting to insulting their fandom.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your premise would suggest that it doesn't matter what they do at QB. If they can't make solid personnel and coaching decisions, they could have Dak, Trevor, Brady, Rodgers, whoever...but the supporting cast and coaching will always be the teams downfall...that no QB can overcome.

IMHO, Romo was good enough to win Super bowls...so is Dak, but the ineptitude of the FO and coaching negates the talent we've had and always had gaps too big to overcome...
That’s a reasonable argument. I could agree with much . But for the sake of argument if we were to insert Rodgers for Romo or Mahomes or Wilson for Dak does it take us further ?

That’s pretty much the jest of this thread. That doesn’t mean there’s not other contributing factors. And it doesn’t place blame on our QB. But if everything was to stay the same would a more elite QB or prolific passer made a difference?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I thought the garbage time narrative would die after the Atlanta game but it is still going strong. Even more infuriating is the Browns game the Cowboys cut it to 3 with 5 minutes left, but people want to invalidate the whole game as garbage time.
Yeah if the defense showed any spine whatsoever in that game Dak most likely would have completed the comeback and won that game. But the garbage time narrative will never die down. It helps those who wish to discredit Dak to believe it.. so they will trot it out early and often. No matter how many times it is shown to be false. Die with the lie..

Browns 7 24 - 10 8 _ 49

Cowboys 14 0 - 0 24_ 38
What I see here is Dallas lost the 2nd qrt 24-0 So the offense with Dak could not score ANY points in the 2nd qrt, and the defense gave up 24, but
some of those were off turnovers by offense.
then they lose the 3rd 10-0, and again cant score ANY points lol, so what happened to the great dak and the powerful kellen offense in those 2 qrts???????

The 24 in the 4th are all against a prevent defense , and cleveland players said they thought they had the game won, so they let up.

I could also cite the NO game and NE game from last year, where dallas could only score 9 points and the defense held the opp to 12 points.
What happened in those games?
Dak and offense did not need to score 30 or 40 points to win, they just need 15 and could not do it! that is pretty bad.

Now I dont blame that on dak, it is more on kellen, and I have no problem saying dak is a good qb.

The problem is the amount of money dak wants, that is the problem. It is also timing, the OL has gone down the drain, and so has the defense,
so now is not the time to pay a qb 35+ mil a year.
The jones boys probably will do that though, and then the defense and OL will still be bad. Therefore not a SB team.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's funny because I get responses that make it sound like if I don't agree with what a person says that I shouldn't be commenting here. I keep hearing that this is a place to discuss things but the implication is discuss their views on things and if you have a different one then keep it to yourself.
It's possible to disagree with someone without being a jerk about it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
We welcome your viewpoint but you seem to get frustrated when it doesn’t sway others resorting to insulting their fandom.

There's an old saying that comes to mind when I see some of these comments and whether or not they are fans saying the same things that fans of rival teams say. That old saying is if it walks like a duck, if it swims like a duck, if it quacks like a duck it must be a duck. You keep saying that some people can't separate our hearts from our minds or you call it critical thinking but maybe it's you who doesn't see that what you're calling critical thinking is really just negative comments about a team you claim to be a fan of yet sounds like a fan of a rival team. There are users here who say a lot of negative things about the NFC East rivals that have nothing to do with seeing faults that they themselves may not see, but based solely on the user's dislike for the team and it's those type of comments that users here say about the Cowboys that makes some question whether they are really Cowboys fans because they say the same things that fans of rival teams say about the Cowboys.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
There's an old saying that comes to mind when I see some of these comments and whether or not they are fans saying the same things that fans of rival teams say. That old saying is if it walks like a duck, if it swims like a duck, if it quacks like a duck it must be a duck. You keep saying that some people can't separate our hearts from our minds or you call it critical thinking but maybe it's you who doesn't see that what you're calling critical thinking is really just negative comments about a team you claim to be a fan of yet sounds like a fan of a rival team. There are users here who say a lot of negative things about the NFC East rivals that have nothing to do with seeing faults that they themselves may not see, but based solely on the user's dislike for the team and it's those type of comments that users here say about the Cowboys that makes some question whether they are really Cowboys fans because they say the same things that fans of rival teams say about the Cowboys.

I appreciate your views. :)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good read and reminder of the good and bad QB drafts in recent history.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/03/best-quarterback-drafts-ever-peyton-manning-aaron-rodgers-ryan-leaf

And the top 10 QB’s in this draft. Could have 4 or 5 go in 1st round.
One of the above QB just might be the franchise QB of our team for the next 10+ years?
Here's to better days baby!!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
The offense unable to score esp against good defenses or in general pretty much has done us in the last 4 years!
What pisses me off is I knew this season was going to bad because of the schedule and had Dak not been injured he would of been adding these losses to his record to balance out that miracle 2016 season. Daks a .500 QB like most of us knew regardless of the garbage time stats we see. 9 points agains the Saints and Eagle last year in the biggest games of the season that Dallas needed and the defense finally plays well and Dak goes into a shell.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What pisses me off is I knew this season was going to bad because of the schedule and had Dak not been injured he would of been adding these losses to his record to balance out that miracle 2016 season. Daks a .500 QB like most of us knew regardless of the garbage time stats we see. 9 points agains the Saints and Eagle last year in the biggest games of the season that Dallas needed and the defense finally plays well and Dak goes into a shell.
Correct!
Amazing how much support this so average QB has simply boggled the mind!
This is his claim to fame after his rookie Zeke fueled season.
2017.....9-7
2018.....10-6
2019......8-8
2020......1-3
----------------------
Total 28W 24L
Special note out of the 28 wins totals 10 are against the Giants and Skins.
1 Playoff win to his name.

Then they wonder why he got the TAG?
The Dak-Mafia must be exterminated!!!!

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I thought the garbage time narrative would die after the Atlanta game but it is still going strong. Even more infuriating is the Browns game the Cowboys cut it to 3 with 5 minutes left, but people want to invalidate the whole game as garbage time.
Many that don't support Prescott for whatever reason, latch onto these misused myth phrases to try and support their argument.
"Garage time" is another one. How is it garbage time to "pad stats" if you're playing from behind and you're within reach of a win?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many that don't support Prescott for whatever reason, latch onto these misused myth phrases to try and support their argument.
"Garage time" is another one. How is it garbage time to "pad stats" if you're playing from behind and you're within reach of a win?
You're playing from behind cause our QB can't seem to score and keep up with the opposing team until its GARBAGE time and the battle has been lost.
You know down by -15 down to the Giants 17-3 down by 24 to the Browns, down by 20 to the Hawks, where was Dak....NOWHERE!!
Look man in case you forgot when the other team scores our offense gets the ball and lays a massive egg till it prevents defense GARBAGE TIME!
Bum Prescott padding his stats and trying to pad his pocket with a massive deal!!!!
SAY NO TO BUM PRESCOTT!!!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You're playing from behind cause our QB can't seem to score and keep up with the opposing team until its GARBAGE time and the battle has been lost.
You know down by -15 down to the Giants 17-3 down by 24 to the Browns, down by 20 to the Hawks, where was Dak....NOWHERE!!
Look man in case you forgot when the other team scores our offense gets the ball and lays a massive egg till it prevents defense GARBAGE TIME!
Bum Prescott padding his stats and trying to pad his pocket with a massive deal!!!!
You're just plain and simply incorrect. This theory has already been debunked in this very thread. Pay attention.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're just plain and simply incorrect. This theory has already been debunked in this very thread. Pay attention.
Ok, Mr.Pay Attention where was Dak poo last year with a full arsenal roster wise against the Saints 10 pts and Pats 9 pts(2-13 on 3rd downs), Philly 9 pts(for the div title) and falling behind in almost every one of our games?
OK man, sell crazy to the blind not to us!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Correct!
Amazing how much support this so average QB has simply boggled the mind!
This is his claim to fame after his rookie Zeke fueled season.
2017.....9-7
2018.....10-6
2019......8-8
2020......1-3
----------------------
Total 28W 24L
Special note out of the 28 wins totals 10 are against the Giants and Skins.
1 Playoff win to his name.

Then they wonder why he got the TAG?
The Dak-Mafia must be exterminated!!!!

Another one that wants to pin the entire win/loss record on the QB in a team sport. Never mind that with a reduced production from Elliott last year Prescott and the Cowboys had the #1 offense in the league. Oh and going into free agency this year Prescott was rated as the #1 free agent and of course they make just average players as the #1 free agent, at least in your mind.

You want the Cowboys to go after a QB like Lawrence and it reminds of something. Back in 1998 all of the draft gurus and the entire sporting world were talking about 2 QB's in the draft and how both were going to be game changers for whichever teams draft them and will win Super Bowls. Most people thought one was going to be the 1st pick but it was the other one who was. Now that QB pick 1st went on to be a 5 time NFL MVP, 7 times All Pro, and had a 17 year career, won 2 Super Bowls and will be in the HOF. The QB taken with the 2nd pick was the runner up for the Heisman Trophy. Of the two QB's he had the size, a much bigger arm and the ability to escape out of the pocket and played in a system in college that more resembled an NFL style offense but lasted all of 5 years in the NFL and is considered one of the all time biggest busts. The 1st pick QB is Peyton Manning and the 2nd pick QB is Ryan Leaf. Most gurus and sports people thought the colts would take Leaf but instead took Manning. Both the draft gurus and sporting world were really wrong on Leaf meaning that not every QB they say will be the next all world just might not be what they were so sure he would be. Again I'm not saying Lawrence will be a bust but if Leaf was thought of as high or even more highly than what Lawrence is now and turned out to be a bust there is no guarantee Lawrence won't too.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ok, Mr.Pay Attention where was Dak poo last year with a full arsenal roster wise against the Saints 10 pts and Pats 9 pts(2-13 on 3rd downs), Philly 9 pts(for the div title) and falling behind in almost every one of our games?
We're talking about this season. If you want to debate then stop moving the goalpost.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Playing from behind was usually the fault of the defense. You can't expect any offense to score on nearly every drive.....unless they're playing against our defense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I seem to remember the O-line being pushed into Dak's face most the time in those games, but Dak should have worn gloves against the Patriots. If he had, they might have won that game. That was on him and the coaches.

starfan1

Reaction score
I seem to remember the O-line being pushed into Dak's face most the time in those games, but Dak should have worn gloves against the Patriots. If he had, they might have won that game. That was on him and the coaches.
Not to mention the critical fumbles from Witten and zeke in NO game. I believe Dak was hurt in philly game and maybe should have sat out but that could also be coaching and the insecurities they had with Rush

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Not to mention the critical fumbles from Witten and zeke in NO game. I believe Dak was hurt in philly game and maybe should have sat out but that could also be coaching and the insecurities they had with Rush
Coddling helps no one. Y'all easily impressed lads will just excuse anything Dak does. Everybody needs stans like Dak has just for being a fantasy football darling.